NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Business A is a store exclusive to a town and has a years of positive impacts on the community. However, the owner wants to move Business A to another town and changes the name. Years later, someone wants to open a store in the same building as Business A and even decides to keep the same name as Business A that moved years prior. Is it right to do that?

What if the NBA returns to Seattle and one of the owners is the Ackerly family (who owned the team prior to Howard Schultz), would you be ok with the team being the SuperSonics again since it's the same city, fans, AND owner?

14 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

What if the NBA returns to Seattle and one of the owners is the Ackerly family (who owned the team prior to Howard Schultz), would you be ok with the team being the SuperSonics again since it's the same city, fans, AND owner?

As long as they don’t try to take the records and stats from okc sure, I don’t even see a problem with them bringing back the SuperSonics branding regardless of owner, just don’t try to pass themself off as the same franchise that left over a decade ago.

2 hours ago, mania said:

Because it doesn't stand to any genuine logic.

If you loved KB Toys, you can't just name your new business KB Toys. That one is gone, and someone owns the rights. It doesn't matter "how much it meant to the community", that BUSINESS is gone.

Fandom is not business

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

What you are missing is that sports are unlike any other business in the world. Sports ownership is a bond with the team, city, and fans like no other business. 

Yeah, as an entertainment brand. And entertainment is a business. I get excited when my team wins like everyone else but can we get over the notion that sports are anything more than that?

4 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

In the case of the Oilers being tied to Houston and Tennessee, I think a compromise should be found.

The Oilers' identity belongs in Memphis. I thought everybody knew this.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

As long as they don’t try to take the records and stats from okc sure, I don’t even see a problem with them bringing back the SuperSonics branding regardless of owner, just don’t try to pass themself off as the same franchise that left over a decade ago.

But OKC isn't the Sonics. In addition that's unfair to the Seattle teams and players past. Payton, Kemp, Schremf, etc. have all made it clear they want nothing to do with OKC. Their stats and numbers should be honored in Seattle where they were earned. Likewise, I doubt anyone in OKC would want Gary Payton's jersey hanging in their rafters.

But I blame the sports leagues for allowing this to happen. The NBA should have only allowed the move IF OKC started new (stats and all).

21 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

But OKC isn't the Sonics. In addition that's unfair to the Seattle teams and players past. Payton, Kemp, Schremf, etc. have all made it clear they want nothing to do with OKC. Their stats and numbers should be honored in Seattle where they were earned. Likewise, I doubt anyone in OKC would want Gary Payton's jersey hanging in their rafters.

But I blame the sports leagues for allowing this to happen. The NBA should have only allowed the move IF OKC started new (stats and all).

Well that just your opinion, everything from the SuperSonics moved from Seattle to okc. It would just create confusion trying to explain someone like Kevin Durant’s career since he played his rookie year in Seattle. Do you take his first year numbers away from him for okc’s all time franchise records? No that would be rediculous.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Well that just your opinion, everything from the SuperSonics moved from Seattle to okc. It would just create confusion trying to explain someone like Kevin Durant’s career since he played his rookie year in Seattle. Do you take his first year numbers away from him for okc’s all time franchise records? No that would be rediculous.

General consensus that I've seen among citizens here and the organization since I have a family member working for the Thunder is that all history for Seattle, the championship, the legends, everything can be given back to Seattle with no loss in OKC. In your example, with Nick Collison in KD's place to give OKC a reason to care, the idea is to share the stats for him with Seattle, focusing on his time in OKC. Collison and Durant are the only two players from that time period that have stats that would matter to the fans here. But otherwise, to everyone but the NBA office, the Thunder organization began in 2008 when the Sonics folded.

Oh wow...here's quite a few more...well, they're definitely unique.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=2019+nfl+draft+hat&_sacat=0

EDIT: New Era has 31 team hats on its website: https://www.neweracap.com/SPORTS/NFL/NFL-DRAFT-CAPS/c/SPONFLDRA?q=%3Arelevance&page=0&scroll=toListing

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Rams and Chargers BOTH get caps inspired by the City of Los Angeles flag...both in team colors and the colors of the flag itself. Slight variations on the design though. Can’t embed since I’m on my iPad but here is the city flag.

spacer.png

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Archived