NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Froob said:

Never should have gone away. Orange is a staple of their brand.

When I think of Phoenix Suns, I don't ever think about orange jerseys, though. Purple jerseys, sure. Maybe black jerseys. The orange PHX jerseys were pretty awful. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

So unoriginal.  Gee, how many ways can we recolor the The District of Columbia design

Honestly its hard to keep track now. I would have guessed a blue version already existed, but I guess we'll get blessed with these this season, yippee

Only three but I'd love it if the Star Spangled Banner ones in the last year of adidas came back.  Those were great.

The new Suns jersey has a pretty good chance of being a complete disaster if this is the preview:

I'm guessing it'll be a ridiculous amount of orange (both their regular orange and the darker, beveled orange). 

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

When I think of Phoenix Suns, I don't ever think about orange jerseys, though. Purple jerseys, sure. Maybe black jerseys. The orange PHX jerseys were pretty awful. 

The Suns may have trotted out some lackluster orange uniforms in their history, but they have the right idea of incorporating that color as an alternate. They just need to use a design that works. The orange jersey with the western font a page or so back is a perfect example of utilizing the color effectively.

13 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Yes, but better than this:

Phoenix+Suns+v+San+Antonio+Spurs+Game+On

If only barely.

Nah. The PHX are better though purple side panels would make it better.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

22 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Really bad. 
spacer.png

I'm guessing the office meeting about a new design was scheduled for an hour, but discussion lasted five minutes, and everyone was ecstatic that "55 minutes were given back" to them. 

28 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Yes, but better than this:

Phoenix+Suns+v+San+Antonio+Spurs+Game+On

If only barely.

To me, those jerseys would've been better (not great) if they had used purple instead of gray. I was never a huge fan of those 2000-2013 Suns uniforms anyway. The overuse of gray on the road uniforms really soured me on them. The side panels were also really intrusive.

5 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

To me, those jerseys would've been better (not great) if they had used purple instead of gray. I was never a huge fan of those 2000-2013 Suns uniforms anyway. The overuse of gray on the road uniforms really soured me on them. The side panels were also really intrusive.

I didn't mind the purple main road uniforms. But, holy crap, I didn't notice how intrusive the side panels were until I went hunting for a picture example!

2311308942_68aaa4b466_b.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

16 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm guessing the office meeting about a new design was scheduled for an hour, but discussion lasted five minutes, and everyone was ecstatic that "55 minutes were given back" to them. 

Exactly, these are just lazy. 

And, do we know if these are replacing the black statement jerseys ... or is the city jersey? 

kimball banner.png

15 minutes ago, kimball said:

I didn't mind the purple main road uniforms. But, holy crap, I didn't notice how intrusive the side panels were until I went hunting for a picture example!

Yeah, they were pretty bad. And I don't know if my memory is betraying me, but I could've sworn the side panels got even bigger over time. At least that's the effect they had on me whenever I saw them during their 13-year stretch.

Their home whites were probably the best out of that entire set. Great use of purple and orange despite being ruined by the panels.

boris-and-steve-nash.jpg

9 minutes ago, kimball said:

Early 2000s they used shimmer-sheen/dazzle, and it was a little better (IMO as I saw them in person, though most people hate the shiny dazzle material). Seemed like if they were going with a modern template, a shiny material (fairly modern 20 years ago) was a good choice. 

mar-2002-guard-milt-palacio-of-the-phoen

Archived