NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

1 hour ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Really bad. 
spacer.png

So the Suns wanted to take the "no text on front" opening the Sixers created after last season's number in a circle of stars.

But why not put the logo and number adjacent like the spurs do?  This stack business doesn't do it for me.

960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mgfoxx said:

Well those are disappointing, but at least it reminded me of a Greg Esposito article about how the Suns nearly released an orange alt in the 90's: https://www.sports360az.com/2016/07/espo-brief-suns-sunburst-jersey-oral-history/amp/spacer.pngspacer.png

See, I don’t think the (90s) alts look that bad. It could always be worse, maybe make the “burst” purple so it doesn’t get lost. It’s miles better than the one just revealed.

2 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

So the Suns wanted to take the "no text on front" opening the Sixers created after last season's number in a circle of stars.

But why not put the logo and number adjacent like the spurs do?  This stack business doesn't do it for me.

THAT I could get behind. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

they really could have made a giant sun cut the basketball out make it a normal circle and put the number

The suns really need to go back to the western font uniform and use the black sun burst from the 90's as the primary alternate.

The real issue with this orange uniform is that the logo looks so completely out of place. The logo is 75% yellow, which looks horrible clashing with the orange and purple. The logo itself really needs to be a gradient with multi shades of orange with purple outlines. Also, make the basketball copper, that would be a great way to give a shout out to Arizona while making sure the ball doesn't get lost in a sea of orange. 

I just hate that they just decided to lazily slap the logo on and who ever in charge thought this looked good. It's unbelievable except that this is exactly the kinds of things I expect out of this franchise at this point.

48 minutes ago, Bobster said:

The 1990's looked good for the time and the Suns may have been the best of the bunch, but the NBA uniforms from that time period are so dated.

I agree.  I'd rather they come up with a modernized version of the sunburst unis.  Maybe keep the sunburst pretty close to what it was and come up with a new wordmark and number font.  Could probably redesign the shorts too.

Guess I'm in the minority that doesn't mind the orange set. It's not that bad.  For those who simply call it lazy, keep in mind that if all of these teams keep getting at least 1 new uniform set every couple of years it probably won't take long to run out of good ideas.  All you're gonna see is logos slapped on stuff and re-colorings of sets already in use.  If you think it's bad now, it's probably only gonna get worse.

1 minute ago, mmejia said:

EFfl4xxX0AEungG?format=jpg&name=large

This is so clearly their best option and should so clearly be their primary look.

They've neutered their Yao Ming/McGrady-era design to the point it isn't really a design anymore; maybe it's time to shift back? It's worked for other franchises.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

Does it matter?  They both look bad.

6 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

At least Philly knew how to do it right. Probably the best NBA uniform to not have a wordmark logo on it.

Image result for mike scott 76ers

Archived