College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anyone got into it (and I haven't had A computer in more than a month) but... I still can't get over the silver numbers. I and other TCU fans said they look too "duct-tape-ish". 

But everything else seems fine. I personally don't like the late 90s spike helmet stripe, but it works for this set. 

EDvR91DXYAAcolp?format=jpg&name=medium

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The ASU Uniform selection guidelines:

1. Pick a good color combo and then trash it. 

2. Take off anything that resembles Sparky. 

3. Slap a bunch of PT42 logos on it. 

Boom! Instant ASU classic! 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, 29texan said:

Not sure if anyone got into it (and I haven't had A computer in more than a month) but... I still can't get over the silver numbers. I and other TCU fans said they look too "duct-tape-ish". 

But everything else seems fine. I personally don't like the late 90s spike helmet stripe, but it works for this set. 

EDvR91DXYAAcolp?format=jpg&name=medium

I think the helmet spike stripe is the biggest weakness, and I like the silver numbers. 

A silver helmet with purple jersey and silver pants would look pretty damn amazing and actually be a homage of sorts to uniforms of the past...but it could look too K-State-ish. Silver/purple/white might look good (maybe).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, bri1275 said:

No change in uniform but Les Miles did fix KU's helmet problem by sticking to the same logo on both sides of helmet, single blue stripe on white helmets and single red stripe on blue ones, also went to straight grey facemasks. Rumor is they are working on all new uniforms for next season.

spacer.png

I refuse to respect anything about KU’s athletic uniforms until they finally disavow that awful Trajan font

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 hours ago, pianoknight said:

The ASU Uniform selection guidelines:

1. Pick a good color combo and then trash it. 

2. Take off anything that resembles Sparky. 

3. Slap a bunch of PT42 logos on it. 

Boom! Instant ASU classic! 

dear God , I hoped we were going to see less of the HUGE logo side / numbers sided helmets trend.  

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

12 hours ago, WSU151 said:

A silver helmet with purple jersey and silver pants would look pretty damn amazing and actually be a homage of sorts to uniforms of the past...but it could look too K-State-ish. Silver/purple/white might look good (maybe).

We did have silver helmets recently

ap-201112031722625265742.jpg

I don't know, though. Not for this set. You'd at least have to add silver pants with it. 

It seems like we've had one or two small things that kept TCU's unis from being perfect since ^^^ that era. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

West Virginia (vs. Missouri) and South Carolina (vs. Charleston Southern) look awesome. Traditional looks win me over yet again. 

Bowling Green (with traditional helmet stripes, white facemask) vs. Kansas State is a good looking game. 

Purdue vs. Vanderbilt have good looks, but against each other it looks like intrasquad game. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, lilben777 said:

Anybody watching Ohio vs Pitt? Some of the Ohio players have such faded pants they look olive not green, bizarre. 

Yeah, there are definitely 2 different shades of green pants out there. I noticed it on some of the sidelines shots, with players standing hip to hip. Now it's all I can see out there on the field. 

Archived