College Football 2019

29texan

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

Okay, yeah, the official name was just Boise Junior College.  But technically, they have had a very successful truck driving school for many years.  I believe they may have spun it out into it's own school over time, but I seem to recall that even fairly recently you could graduate from BSU with a certification in trucking or whatever it's officially called. 

NOW I find all this out...ain't that a pickle...and I done been to Boise twice in the past 3 months. Thanks for the tip....(!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is not appropriate for this forum at the moment please remove....

but are any schools up for new contracts at the end of this school year?

from my best search results I think Minnesota and Texas Tech but have not been able to find concrete info.

just interested to see if these school go crazy this season with combos before a potential brand switch.

thanks!

59 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

That's some very thin padding then. I've worn many helmets, some of the newer ones included--never seen the hair issue, but yeah it's not impossible I suppose. 

I'm the head equipment guy for a college team and deal with hundreds of helmets and nearly 200 players on a daily basis.. if it can happen, I've probably seen it.. also, has nothing to do with the thickness of the padding really.. you can easily see the holes from the inside.. a bad case of bed-head or some short dreadlocks or braids that stick up are really all it takes..

10 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I'm the head equipment guy for a college team and deal with hundreds of helmets and nearly 200 players on a daily basis.. if it can happen, I've probably seen it.. also, has nothing to do with the thickness of the padding really.. you can easily see the holes from the inside.. a bad case of bed-head or some short dreadlocks or braids that stick up are really all it takes..

A skull cap would solve those issues though. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

LSU's purple jerseys are great as always, but I don't like how they insist on only wearing them with white helmets and pants anymore. There was nothing wrong with this combo:

spacer.png

Plus this combo itself is a rarity, why not just keep it the way it is and save alternate looks for another time? 

Wazzu going anthracite/white/white for Friday night’s game at Houston:

That reveal video is absolutely terrible, but I actually like the combo. I don’t recall them wearing this combo with their current set or even their last set, so it’s nice to see a seemingly new combo that’s pretty straightforward and actually looks good.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That reveal video is absolutely terrible, but I actually like the combo. I don’t recall them wearing this combo with their current set or even their last set, so it’s nice to see a seemingly new combo that’s pretty straightforward and actually looks good.

The combo is better with the crimson decals and masks. When I first read the description, my mind automatically went to white decals and white masks. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The combo is better with the crimson decals and masks. When I first read the description, my mind automatically went to white decals and white masks. 

That’s what I was expecting too before I watched the video. Thankfully they went with the crimson decals and masks, which tie it all together pretty nicely.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, Derek said:

Yes, there’s adhesive, but there’s a layer of padding between hair and sticker. If the player has longer hair, it could works its way up there, but it won’t rip it from the scalp.

I can't believe they would be able to stick to the helmet and not move or peal... but not tear out hair.  Crazy.

31 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The epic choir music and the guy crushing ice in his hands is just weird.  It's like they're implying Wazzu invented the concept of ice or something.  

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

6 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I just said it isn't impossible, but in my 15 years plus of playing football (age 26 now) that you really don't see it often. It wasn't a debate, or even an issue really. It was more of a response to the question of the adhesive ripping hair out. I still have a replica of my high school helmet , and it's padding all around the inner shell, except by the ear holes. Like I said it's not a debate, and we're all in agreement that hair can stray away and peek through the vent hole. But like I said , the adhesive on the sticker, SHOULDN'T have any effect on a players hair underneath.

1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

I just said it isn't impossible, but in my 15 years plus of playing football (age 26 now) that you really don't see it often. It wasn't a debate, or even an issue really. It was more of a response to the question of the adhesive ripping hair out. I still have a replica of my high helmet , and it's padding all around the inner shell, except by the ear holes. Like I said it's not a debate, and we're all in agreement that hair can stray away and peek through the vent hole. But like I said , the adhesive on the sticker, SHOULDN'T have any effect on a players hair underneath.

Correct.. a decal should never rip hair out.. under any circumstances 

11 hours ago, Lights Out said:

LSU's purple jerseys are great as always, but I don't like how they insist on only wearing them with white helmets and pants anymore. There was nothing wrong with this combo:

spacer.png

They need to wear this more often. It is by far their best look. I get tradition, but bring this out for non-conference home games and bowl games as the purple jerseys over the yellow pants are gorgeous.

5 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

On another note...we should know in about a week, if UGA will trot these beautiful babies out(probably not) vs Notre Dame. It's different from other blackouts because black is a main color for Georgia, and it's really pops, as opposed to the head to toe look Louisville had for the first game. 624382948-louisiana-lafayette-v-georgia.

Georgia has one of the best uniform sets in all of football imo.. standard helmet, pants, home & away jersey, and single alt jersey (that's an official school color).. everything looks great together.. great color balance.. simple look that accomplishes any uniform goal you could ask for.. near perfection imo

29 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Georgia has one of the best uniform sets in all of football imo.. standard helmet, pants, home & away jersey, and single alt jersey (that's an official school color).. everything looks great together.. great color balance.. simple look that accomplishes any uniform goal you could ask for.. near perfection imo

They definitely do have one of the best sets but the black jerseys do nothing for me.

IUe6Hvh.png

13 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Yes, there's still adhesive. No, it wouldn't affect the player at all. The shell doesn't sit directly on the head. There's plenty of clearance with the padding and all.

Those state of Utah decals have some interesting "negative space" cutting out the clear space in certain areas. The outline and UU are on the same decal sheet, obviously, but the bottom left corner and the top have no clear space. 

I’m assuming you haven’t ever seen the inside of a helmet

12 hours ago, Lights Out said:

spacer.png

FWIW they did wear Gold/Purple/Gold last season against LA Tech. This Saturday will be the first time they’ve done White/Purple/White since 2017.

spacer.png

I really like both looks; if it were up to me I’d wear purple jerseys twice a year, once with white helmets/pants and once with gold helmets/pants. They do have an additional home non-conference game with Utah State in a few weeks so it’s still possible that’s what they do this season.

Archived