29texan

College Football 2019

Recommended Posts

This photo prolly shows the dark green the best. 

 

sep-2001-quarterback-joey-harrington-of-

 

The pants are definitely black though right? and did they have a black alternate of this set? because looking back at photos, 8 times out of 10, it looks black versus this rare occasion it actually looks dark green 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

This photo prolly shows the dark green the best. 

 

sep-2001-quarterback-joey-harrington-of-

 

The pants are definitely black though right? and did they have a black alternate of this set? because looking back at photos, 8 times out of 10, it looks black versus this rare occasion it actually looks dark green 

They did not have a black alternate, it was just the dark green set. And I believe the pants were actually supposed to be the same dark green as the jerseys, but often appeared closer to black, probably because of the difference in fabric. This shot from the uniform unveiling before the ‘98 Aloha Bowl appears to show the pants being a pretty close match to the jerseys:

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just going to go ahead and call Oregon's ugly new color black, and I pretty much don't care if anyone wants to tell me otherwise. Of all teams, Oregon should know the old saying about looking like a duck and quacking like a duck.

 

The helmet's black. No jury would convict me for having that opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm just going to go ahead and call Oregon's ugly new color black, and I pretty much don't care if anyone wants to tell me otherwise. Of all teams, Oregon should know the old saying about looking like a duck and quacking like a duck.

 

The helmet's black. No jury would convict me for having that opinion.

Just because you believe so doesn't make it true.  The helmets are a dark green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Light Green...

spacer.png

 

 

 

Dark green...

spacer.png

FIFY. That second shot pretty clearly shows the green hue of the new helmets, especially in the spot that the light is focused on (above and to the left of the nose bumper).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

FIFY. That second shot pretty clearly shows the green hue of the new helmets, especially in the spot that the light is focused on (above and to the left of the nose bumper).

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Arizona blue uniforms are so ugly. There's no contrast between the shades of navy and red and the number font is awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

Wish BYU would just go back to Royal Blue. I like these navy ones, but they just look right in Royal blue. 

 

9 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

BYU/USC....gorgeous.

 

Agreed on both points. I like the way the Royal pops more.

 

I’m also coming around on the idea of BYU keeping some navy blue around as trim if/when they return to royal blue full-time, not unlike the black trim on the mid-1990s Steve Sarkisian-era uniforms:

 

225?cb=20120211014112

 

Also, Utah State also announced that for their game against BYU, they will do their first-ever blackout.

 

 

I'm not exactly a fan (you know, navy blue and black together and all--more gray would be the way to go IMO), but I guess it's tolerable for a one-off, but heaven help us if they start pairing black pants and navy blue tops.

 

 

Edited by DustDevil61
Updated image link to show up here, Utah State blackout news and thoughts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mania said:

The Arizona blue uniforms are so ugly. There's no contrast between the shades of navy and red and the number font is awful.

The WBW looked so good from head to toe... except for the area between the collar and the waist. Arizona just looks so right in WBW but the jersey needs so much work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oregon is wearing Green-Black?  

 

Grack? 

 

Yeah, grack is an adequate word to describe my feelings about Oregon's uniforms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

FIFY. That second shot pretty clearly shows the green hue of the new helmets, especially in the spot that the light is focused on (above and to the left of the nose bumper).

spacer.png NCAA Football: Montana at Oregon 

 

That's fine, but there's a big difference in "studio" lighting where you can clearly tell that it's dark green and natural lighting where that isn't so clear. If I saw the image on the right with no prior knowledge, I'd say that the helmet was black. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Icy whites, because we’re all trying to execute the opposition like the Iceman of legend:

 

 

Richard Kuklinski was full of it.

 

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

 

Gotta love people bullying Oregon fans! If they want to believe it, let them believe it. It’s not like they’re hurting you or the program’s existence is offensive in any way.

 

Yeah, the green might as well be black. But let them think it’s green if it makes them feel better about a program that only got good (but not National Championship good, which is incredibly hard to do) when they started experimenting around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I thought the Ducks looked great last night. Definitely my favorite of the three combos they’ve worn so far this year. The yellow jerseys and pants really popped under the lights and in combination with the dark green helmets, cleats, and gloves. These photos don’t do ‘em justice, but the helmets looked incredible under the lights as well, and the mallard finish of the wings was really apparent when the cameras focused in on the Ducks’ players. Also, after seeing them in action, the numbers on the yellow jerseys definitely don’t appear to be a true black. I’m not sure if they’re the nightmare green color or not, but the color seemed like a pretty close match with the helmet color. Overall I thought it was a great looking combo, and I’m really hoping they wear this combo again but with the dark green pants later in the year.

 

Looking ahead to next week’s matchup at Stanford, I think the Ducks may wear their yellow helmets for the first time this season and go yellow/white/yellow (probably with the white/dark green jerseys):

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

Another option would be apple green/white/apple green, but I think they’ll save that combo for the UW game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are y’all mad that Oregon’s helmet looks black? Oregon hasn’t been traditional in a long time, and this is one of the better sets imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

spacer.png NCAA Football: Montana at Oregon 

 

That's fine, but there's a big difference in "studio" lighting where you can clearly tell that it's dark green and natural lighting where that isn't so clear. If I saw the image on the right with no prior knowledge, I'd say that the helmet was black. 

Agreed. In natural lighting it’s definitely tougher to tell whether it’s a dark green or if it’s simply a dark grey/black. I’m not arguing that. But the fact of the matter is that the helmets are a dark green, regardless of whether that’s immediately clear from viewing them in natural light or not. Some people on here have been saying things like “I refuse to believe that’s green”, or “if it looks black it is black” when in reality the helmets are in fact a dark green color. Sure it definitely can look closer to black in certain lighting, but that doesn’t change the fact that they are in fact a dark green color. And frankly, as I’ve said before, I think Nike/Oregon intended for it to be such a dark green that it bordered on black, because the color is pretty clearly (at least to me) a reference to the Harrington-era set, which, as I’ve pointed out on here before, had a very similar dark green color as this new shade introduced this year. They’ve made a big deal about this being the 20th anniversary of the ‘O’ and “20 years of changing the game” (with regards to the uniforms and branding), so it’s definitely not a coincidence that this new dark green color is so similar to the color used on the ‘99 set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Oregon is wearing Green-Black?  

 

Grack? 

 

Yeah, grack is an adequate word to describe my feelings about Oregon's uniforms. 

😄😄😄 We have the official sound of an Oregon duck!  GRACK GRACK GRACK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Agreed. In natural lighting it’s definitely tougher to tell whether it’s a dark green or if it’s simply a dark grey/black. I’m not arguing that. But the fact of the matter is that the helmets are a dark green, regardless of whether that’s immediately clear from viewing them in natural light or not. Some people on here have been saying things like “I refuse to believe that’s green”, or “if it looks black it is black” when in reality the helmets are in fact a dark green color. Sure it definitely can look closer to black in certain lighting, but that doesn’t change the fact that they are in fact a dark green color. And frankly, as I’ve said before, I think Nike/Oregon intended for it to be such a dark green that it bordered on black, because the color is pretty clearly (at least to me) a reference to the Harrington-era set, which, as I’ve pointed out on here before, had a very similar dark green color as this new shade introduced this year. They’ve made a big deal about this being the 20th anniversary of the ‘O’ and “20 years of changing the game” (with regards to the uniforms and branding), so it’s definitely not a coincidence that this new dark green color is so similar to the color used on the ‘99 set.

No that's fair. Its one thing to see two different colors, but its another to just blatantly deny what the actual helmet color is. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

The gophers uniforms look horrible today. I miss their modern classic set, they were perfect!

spacer.png

They look better than the stuff they rolled out last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Agreed. In natural lighting it’s definitely tougher to tell whether it’s a dark green or if it’s simply a dark grey/black. I’m not arguing that. But the fact of the matter is that the helmets are a dark green, regardless of whether that’s immediately clear from viewing them in natural light or not. Some people on here have been saying things like “I refuse to believe that’s green”, or “if it looks black it is black” when in reality the helmets are in fact a dark green color. Sure it definitely can look closer to black in certain lighting, but that doesn’t change the fact that they are in fact a dark green color. And frankly, as I’ve said before, I think Nike/Oregon intended for it to be such a dark green that it bordered on black, because the color is pretty clearly (at least to me) a reference to the Harrington-era set, which, as I’ve pointed out on here before, had a very similar dark green color as this new shade introduced this year. They’ve made a big deal about this being the 20th anniversary of the ‘O’ and “20 years of changing the game” (with regards to the uniforms and branding), so it’s definitely not a coincidence that this new dark green color is so similar to the color used on the ‘99 set.

Well since there is be true “black” color other than vantablack, if it’s close enough to looking like black in 99% of images then it might as well be black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.