College Football 2019

29texan

This photo prolly shows the dark green the best. 

sep-2001-quarterback-joey-harrington-of-

The pants are definitely black though right? and did they have a black alternate of this set? because looking back at photos, 8 times out of 10, it looks black versus this rare occasion it actually looks dark green 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

This photo prolly shows the dark green the best. 

sep-2001-quarterback-joey-harrington-of-

The pants are definitely black though right? and did they have a black alternate of this set? because looking back at photos, 8 times out of 10, it looks black versus this rare occasion it actually looks dark green 

They did not have a black alternate, it was just the dark green set. And I believe the pants were actually supposed to be the same dark green as the jerseys, but often appeared closer to black, probably because of the difference in fabric. This shot from the uniform unveiling before the ‘98 Aloha Bowl appears to show the pants being a pretty close match to the jerseys:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm just going to go ahead and call Oregon's ugly new color black, and I pretty much don't care if anyone wants to tell me otherwise. Of all teams, Oregon should know the old saying about looking like a duck and quacking like a duck.

The helmet's black. No jury would convict me for having that opinion.

15 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm just going to go ahead and call Oregon's ugly new color black, and I pretty much don't care if anyone wants to tell me otherwise. Of all teams, Oregon should know the old saying about looking like a duck and quacking like a duck.

The helmet's black. No jury would convict me for having that opinion.

Just because you believe so doesn't make it true.  The helmets are a dark green.

27 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Light Green...

spacer.png

Dark green...

spacer.png

FIFY. That second shot pretty clearly shows the green hue of the new helmets, especially in the spot that the light is focused on (above and to the left of the nose bumper).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

Wish BYU would just go back to Royal Blue. I like these navy ones, but they just look right in Royal blue. 

9 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

BYU/USC....gorgeous.

Agreed on both points. I like the way the Royal pops more.

I’m also coming around on the idea of BYU keeping some navy blue around as trim if/when they return to royal blue full-time, not unlike the black trim on the mid-1990s Steve Sarkisian-era uniforms:

225?cb=20120211014112

Also, Utah State also announced that for their game against BYU, they will do their first-ever blackout.

I'm not exactly a fan (you know, navy blue and black together and all--more gray would be the way to go IMO), but I guess it's tolerable for a one-off, but heaven help us if they start pairing black pants and navy blue tops.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, mania said:

The Arizona blue uniforms are so ugly. There's no contrast between the shades of navy and red and the number font is awful.

The WBW looked so good from head to toe... except for the area between the collar and the waist. Arizona just looks so right in WBW but the jersey needs so much work. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oregon is wearing Green-Black?  

Grack? 

Yeah, grack is an adequate word to describe my feelings about Oregon's uniforms. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

FIFY. That second shot pretty clearly shows the green hue of the new helmets, especially in the spot that the light is focused on (above and to the left of the nose bumper).

spacer.png NCAA Football: Montana at Oregon 

That's fine, but there's a big difference in "studio" lighting where you can clearly tell that it's dark green and natural lighting where that isn't so clear. If I saw the image on the right with no prior knowledge, I'd say that the helmet was black. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Icy whites, because we’re all trying to execute the opposition like the Iceman of legend:

Richard Kuklinski was full of it.

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

Gotta love people bullying Oregon fans! If they want to believe it, let them believe it. It’s not like they’re hurting you or the program’s existence is offensive in any way.

Yeah, the green might as well be black. But let them think it’s green if it makes them feel better about a program that only got good (but not National Championship good, which is incredibly hard to do) when they started experimenting around. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I thought the Ducks looked great last night. Definitely my favorite of the three combos they’ve worn so far this year. The yellow jerseys and pants really popped under the lights and in combination with the dark green helmets, cleats, and gloves. These photos don’t do ‘em justice, but the helmets looked incredible under the lights as well, and the mallard finish of the wings was really apparent when the cameras focused in on the Ducks’ players. Also, after seeing them in action, the numbers on the yellow jerseys definitely don’t appear to be a true black. I’m not sure if they’re the nightmare green color or not, but the color seemed like a pretty close match with the helmet color. Overall I thought it was a great looking combo, and I’m really hoping they wear this combo again but with the dark green pants later in the year.

Looking ahead to next week’s matchup at Stanford, I think the Ducks may wear their yellow helmets for the first time this season and go yellow/white/yellow (probably with the white/dark green jerseys):

spacer.png

spacer.png

Another option would be apple green/white/apple green, but I think they’ll save that combo for the UW game. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

spacer.png NCAA Football: Montana at Oregon 

That's fine, but there's a big difference in "studio" lighting where you can clearly tell that it's dark green and natural lighting where that isn't so clear. If I saw the image on the right with no prior knowledge, I'd say that the helmet was black. 

Agreed. In natural lighting it’s definitely tougher to tell whether it’s a dark green or if it’s simply a dark grey/black. I’m not arguing that. But the fact of the matter is that the helmets are a dark green, regardless of whether that’s immediately clear from viewing them in natural light or not. Some people on here have been saying things like “I refuse to believe that’s green”, or “if it looks black it is black” when in reality the helmets are in fact a dark green color. Sure it definitely can look closer to black in certain lighting, but that doesn’t change the fact that they are in fact a dark green color. And frankly, as I’ve said before, I think Nike/Oregon intended for it to be such a dark green that it bordered on black, because the color is pretty clearly (at least to me) a reference to the Harrington-era set, which, as I’ve pointed out on here before, had a very similar dark green color as this new shade introduced this year. They’ve made a big deal about this being the 20th anniversary of the ‘O’ and “20 years of changing the game” (with regards to the uniforms and branding), so it’s definitely not a coincidence that this new dark green color is so similar to the color used on the ‘99 set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Agreed. In natural lighting it’s definitely tougher to tell whether it’s a dark green or if it’s simply a dark grey/black. I’m not arguing that. But the fact of the matter is that the helmets are a dark green, regardless of whether that’s immediately clear from viewing them in natural light or not. Some people on here have been saying things like “I refuse to believe that’s green”, or “if it looks black it is black” when in reality the helmets are in fact a dark green color. Sure it definitely can look closer to black in certain lighting, but that doesn’t change the fact that they are in fact a dark green color. And frankly, as I’ve said before, I think Nike/Oregon intended for it to be such a dark green that it bordered on black, because the color is pretty clearly (at least to me) a reference to the Harrington-era set, which, as I’ve pointed out on here before, had a very similar dark green color as this new shade introduced this year. They’ve made a big deal about this being the 20th anniversary of the ‘O’ and “20 years of changing the game” (with regards to the uniforms and branding), so it’s definitely not a coincidence that this new dark green color is so similar to the color used on the ‘99 set.

No that's fair. Its one thing to see two different colors, but its another to just blatantly deny what the actual helmet color is. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Well since there is be true “black” color other than vantablack, if it’s close enough to looking like black in 99% of images then it might as well be black.

Archived