• Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, jn8 said:

I know this’ll be unpopular, but.....

This

nQkeUAN.jpg

is better than this

k8WXMZJ.jpg

I also like mustard yellow and darker shade of royal (marino era) colors. This reminds me of McNeese State. Hope Pitt can at least put shoulder/sleeve stripes on the next set. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 9/21/2019 at 4:06 PM, Discrimihater said:

Are SMU's Dallas uniforms new?

On 9/21/2019 at 4:11 PM, dfwabel said:

New for this season.  They were wore first against North Texas on September 7.

Are they the primary road whites or an alt jersey?

This is the part where I point out that Arkansas' home uniforms last year are great and they should use those instead of the Oklahoma-likes. Sure, the team sucked last year and got blown out by North Texas at home, and gave up a 20 point lead to Colorado State on the road, and went winless in conference. But this season's team shamed the uniforms from the last time they were at least decent (minus the Petrino stink) by embarrassingly losing to San Jose State who hadn't had a winning season since 2012 when the WAC was in its last season of football.

Anyway, point is, it's not these uniforms' fault that Arkansas sucked last year. It's a great looking modern uniform, the change to gloss helmets instead of satin or whatever was great, and they even got rid of the iconic jaws of Husky Stadium.

JKOZk7X.jpg

On 9/21/2019 at 6:01 PM, MattMill said:

Oregon looking decent. Still wish for a touch of Yellow somewhere. Get rid of your wings and add an orange O. Perfect uniform right there. Itd basically be like their practice set. You gotta think of the tv crowd with these decisions. 

Guessing you meant a yellow O instead of orange? 

A lot of folks in Corvallis would be happy with the idea of the Ducks wearing anything orange. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

I really dislike the oversized bronco on the helmet. I dislike most all oversized helmet logos but this one is particularly bad. 

I normally hate it but they were one of the first to do it and they consistently do it I've warmed up to it for them. I hate when teams do numbers on one side but a logo on another when they're both the same size but when the logo is oversized there seems to be an asymmetrical balance that just kinda works for me. 

I don't much care for the number on one side, logo on the other trend, regardless of logo size. I do, however, like Boise State's oversized horse head logo. It should just be on both sides of the helmet. As for the whole look: Boise State kind "burst onto the scene" after beating Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. They essentially entered the national collective consciousness in what were at the time comparatively modern uniforms (especially set against Oklahoma's traditional look). So I think it makes sense for them to stick with a modern look. I would, however, prefer that to not be monochrome: At home, wear blue over blue over white, and on the road, blue over white over orange (a la that Fiesta Bowl). And then have an orange top for a home alternate. 

spacer.png 

Now, I realize the no-monochrome thing is my own opinion, but in any event, blue-blue-white, blue-blue-blue, etc. is a far superior look to blue-black-black or black-black-black.

8 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I don't much care for the number on one side, logo on the other trend, regardless of logo size. I do, however, like Boise State's oversized horse head logo. It should just be on both sides of the helmet. As for the whole look: Boise State kind "burst onto the scene" after beating Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. They essentially entered the national collective consciousness in what were at the time comparatively modern uniforms (especially set against Oklahoma's traditional look). So I think it makes sense for them to stick with a modern look. I would, however, prefer that to not be monochrome: At home, wear blue over blue over white, and on the road, blue over white over orange (a la that Fiesta Bowl). And then have an orange top for a home alternate. 

spacer.png 

Now, I realize the no-monochrome thing is my own opinion, but in any event, blue-blue-white, blue-blue-blue, etc. is a far superior look to blue-black-black or black-black-black.

White pants look bad with the blue uniform because everything else is grey.

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, dannykraft said:

I normally hate it but they were one of the first to do it and they consistently do it I've warmed up to it for them. I hate when teams do numbers on one side but a logo on another when they're both the same size but when the logo is oversized there seems to be an asymmetrical balance that just kinda works for me. 

Part of what bugs me is that it's outlined. I'd rather see it as a positive image. 

Boise.jpg

Penn Quakers Unveil 1970s Throwback Uniform

September 24, 2019 - 20:40 PM

The University of Pennsylvania will celebrate Franklin Field’s 125th season with throwback uniforms that mimic the Quakers’ look during the 1970s. The new red uniforms are similar to Penn’s current navy blue home and white road uniforms, as they use […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

As for the whole look: Boise State kind "burst onto the scene" after beating Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. They essentially entered the national collective consciousness in what were at the time comparatively modern uniforms (especially set against Oklahoma's traditional look).

They wore a catalog version of the Denver Broncos unis with pretty standard drop shadow numerals.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Part of what bugs me is that it's outlined. I'd rather see it as a positive image. 

Boise.jpg

That isn’t a positive image. In fact, the blue helmet is fine, it’s the white helmet that needs to be positive.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived