College Football 2019

29texan

On 9/30/2019 at 7:26 PM, WSU151 said:

K-State should have brought back the light gray helmets they had in the 80s (incredibly unique shade)..or if they want to go with that "Cats" script, just bring back the purple helmets from 1988 or so. 

8Sexpt0.png

Kansas_State_Wildcats_1988_Schutt_XP.jpg

This picture is from 1987, but it's nice due to simplicity and nostalgia (back when college football was still kind of a small deal in the Big 8):

Toilet_Bowl-1024x676.jpg

are they playing next to a landfill???

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, guest23 said:

are they playing next to a landfill???

They didn't really start building up the stadium until the late 80's. At that time that stadium is probably only built for up to 40,000. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

Why did uniform creating companies go away from making shiny pants?! 

They claim fabric for lighter weight and better fitting pants can't be shiny. I'm sure they could figure it out, but I think the dull pants look better except for silver and gold. 

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

4 minutes ago, BenjiJ said:

They claim fabric for lighter weight and better fitting pants can't be shiny. I'm sure they could figure it out, but I think the dull pants look better except for silver and gold. 

I don't know for sure that they've ever officially claimed that.. I may be wrong, but I think it's just a trend

On 10/2/2019 at 11:37 AM, WavePunter said:

I don't know for sure that they've ever officially claimed that.. I may be wrong, but I think it's just a trend

Theoretically, a shiny fabric like that could (and probably does) exist, but of course, finish/appearance is only one characteristic, and it arguably has little effect on how a fabric might perform on a football field. Quantifiable performance characteristics like durability, stretch, structure, moisture transfer, temp regulation, weight, thickness, etc. are always going to take priority over shininess, and the fabric has to pass all those tests If you want to be confident using it on hundreds of thousands of apparel pieces.

The biggest misconception with regard to textiles is people thinking there’s just a magic knitting or weaving machine that can churn out fabric that looks and does whatever you want, but it doesn’t work like that.

A vast majority of the fabrics used in sportswear are sourced from textile mills, so if the ideal fabric that possesses all the characteristics you want doesn’t exist (i.e., you can’t find a mill that makes it, and will sell you the amount you want for a price that will allow you to sell the product for the price you want), then you’re basically out of luck. You have to compromise and choose another fabric or you have to develop a new one, which is a multi-year process, and even then, you still may have to compromise on something, aesthetically or functionally, if testing reveals it to be ill-suited for the activity.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Cal is going navy/white/white at Oregon:

The Ducks should be revealing their combo later today. I think yellow helmets are likely, maybe with apple green jerseys and pants.

Wouldn't mind seeing the wallpaper Wednesday combo from this week with the new nightmare green elements

4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Theoretically, a shiny fabric like that could (and probably does) exist, but of course, finish/appearance is only one characteristic, and it arguably has little effect on how a fabric might perform on a football field. Quantifiable performance characteristics like durability, stretch, structure, moisture transfer, temp regulation, weight, thickness, etc. are always going to take priority over shininess, and the fabric has to pass all those tests If you want to be confident using it on hundreds of thousands of apparel pieces.

The biggest misconception with regard to textiles is people thinking there’s just a magic knitting or weaving machine that can churn out fabric that looks and does whatever you want, but it doesn’t work like that.

A vast majority of the fabrics used in sportswear are sourced from textile mills, so if the ideal fabric that possesses all the characteristics you want doesn’t exist (i.e., you can’t find a mill that makes it, and will sell you the amount you want for a price that will allow you to sell the product for the price you want), then you’re basically out of luck. You have to compromise and choose another fabric or you have to develop a new one, which is a multi-year process, and even then, you still may have to compromise on something, aesthetically or functionally, if testing reveals it to be ill-suited for the activity.

I wasn't commenting on the existence (or lack thereof) of shiny pants fabric.. I was simply stating that I don't recall any major manufacturer specifically commenting on the impossibility of creating shiny high-performance pants

The Ducks are going yellow/dark green/yellow against Cal:

This was one of the combos I really wanted to see before the season started, but wasn’t really expecting them to actually wear it. This is a great look IMO, as it not only plays off of the Ducks’ traditional yellow/green/yellow combo, but with how dark the green is it plays off of the popular black and yellow bumblebee looks from the past several years as well. Also of note is that this’ll be the season debut of the yellow helmets and the overall debut of the new dark green jerseys. They’ll have worn all five of their new jerseys after this weekend, and will have worn three of the four helmet and pant options (just missing the chrome helmets and white pants).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 hours ago, See Red said:

Florida's field this week.  I'm glad they started painting the endzones orange last season... the blue boundaries look good too!

fqfg7h6v6eq31.jpg

Told a friend that I've always felt like Florida's field simply felt empty. Maybe it was the orange walls, but it was missing something. The orange endzones helped, but the blue boarders are such a great choice here.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Oregon State going black/cream/cream at UCLA:

spacer.png

Once again they’re sticking with the black helmets and the monochrome jerseys and pants. I was hoping they’d mix in the black pants this week and go black/cream/black.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

This was one of the combos I really wanted to see before the season started, but wasn’t really expecting them to actually wear it. This is a great look IMO, as it not only plays off of the Ducks’ traditional yellow/green/yellow combo, but with how dark the green is it plays off of the popular black and yellow bumblebee looks from the past several years as well. Also of note is that this’ll be the season debut of the yellow helmets and the overall debut of the new dark green jerseys. They’ll have worn all five of their new jerseys after this weekend, and will have worn three of the four helmet and pant options (just missing the chrome helmets and white pants).

Sorry to bring this back up but I can’t get over how ugly this is. Especially the silver helmet wings when silver is nowhere else to be seen

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

39 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Sorry to bring this back up but I can’t get over how ugly this is. Especially the silver helmet wings when silver is nowhere else to be seen

You could just always ignore any post about Oregon.  There are plenty of posts with uniforms I don't like yet I don't comment on every single one of them.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon State going black/cream/cream at UCLA:

spacer.png

Once again they’re sticking with the black helmets and the monochrome jerseys and pants. I was hoping they’d mix in the black pants this week and go black/cream/black.

I can’t get over what a spectacular look this is. Hopefully this one sticks for awhile with OSU. 

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I think that yellow elements (Jersey #, helmet, pants) will help make the green look more green. But this is going to be a good look for Oregon on Saturday. Im really excited about it!

Archived