College Football 2019

29texan

The Ducks are going all-yellow tomorrow night vs. Colorado:

Gotta say, I’m a bit disappointed. I don’t mind the all-yellow, but I was really hoping to see the dark green/yellow/dark green. I still think we’ll see that combo later in the year (maybe against Wazzu), but I was hoping to see it tomorrow night. The all-yellow should still look good under the lights tomorrow night, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon State going all-black with monochrome orange Retro Benny helmet decals:

spacer.png

I was really hoping they’d bring back last season’s Fauxback uniforms. At the very least they should’ve gone with the full color Retro Benny logo on the helmets:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, See Red said:

It was a ruse.  For this week, anyways.

I can’t explain why but this really feels like THE LSU combo for us. Their primary look (YWY) is so light that I think it works much better than OBW does against them. 

This has also become a big enough rivalry that I don’t want them wearing alternate looks against them. This or the   OBO look (which I’m not a big fan of) should really be the go to looks for LSU.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

8 minutes ago, JTernup said:

I can’t explai why but this really feels like THE LSU combo for us. Their primary look (YWY) is so light that I think it works much better than OBW does against them. 

For sure, we've worn it against LSU every season since 2012 outside of 2016, where we went all orange.

IUe6Hvh.png

Samford Offensive Lineman Changes Name To Honor Stepfather

October 11, 2019 - 15:26 PM

When Samford senior offensive lineman George Grimwade took the field against No. 25 The Citadel on Sept. 28, he did so with a new last name on the back of his jersey. The 6-foot-8, 313-pounder from Miami had legally changed […]

Read More...

I don't think it can be understated how great the Beavs homecoming uniforms were last year. I'm always a fan of bringing back Benny. Especially considering they played Cal's beautiful stripes, this game was exactly how I want OSU to look. 

spacer.png

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

11 minutes ago, Green27 said:

I don't think it can be understated how great the Beavs homecoming uniforms were last year. I'm always a fan of bringing back Benny. Especially considering they played Cal's beautiful stripes, this game was exactly how I want OSU to look. 

spacer.png

Yep, that was pretty much the perfect OSU uniform (just needed the collar logo to be the full color Benny). I really do like their new set, especially the off-white roads, but it’s still not nearly as good as that fauxback. A full set built around that would’ve been perfect. And they really need to bring Retro Benny back full time. So much better than the current beaver logo.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon State going all-black with monochrome orange Retro Benny helmet decals:

spacer.png

I was really hoping they’d bring back last season’s Fauxback uniforms. At the very least they should’ve gone with the full color Retro Benny logo on the helmets:

spacer.png

First of all, kudos to OSU for having separate left- and right-facing logos so that Benny is always facing forwards on the helmets. You'd think it would be common sense to do this, but we've all seen failures in this regard. But as everyone has pointed out, the full-color version is better than the monochrome.

For colleges, I do like campy logos--but then, I'm a biased Gopher alum....

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I'm really not into the whole trend of taking a vintage mascot logo and tacking it on the helmet of a modern uniform set for nostalgia points. A lot of them are cool logos that have their place, but don't force them with a style that clashes.

spacer.png

Archived