College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

And is this TCU set new for this season? Those are fantastic. If Nike is going to insist on using those weird screen print patterns on the shoulders of football jerseys, that’s probably the best way they could possibly do it. 

TCU has a bit of a weird identity, but I think they always look great. 

They were debuted in January.  No more Frogskin and the diamond pattern is more akin to the last two seasons with L.T. and Dennis Franchione on the collar and sleeves.  The TCU under the collar is within a "guitar pick" as a nod to Gary Patterson's love of guitars.

13 minutes ago, PosterNutbag said:

Pokes going O/W/B with a new orange shell helmet (100000x better than the chrome). My only major gripes are that Pete isn't facing forward on both sides and it has the Ed Hardy stripe

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

okie state combines high school helmet aesthetics with ed hardy jersey aesthetics

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

I know this’ll be unpopular, but.....

This

nQkeUAN.jpg

is better than this

k8WXMZJ.jpg

I love the blue and yellow (much like I love the Rams' blue and yellow vs navy and gold). But the yellow numbers should be white outlined in yellow. 

The road set they wore last week vs. Penn State is fantastic. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Agree. Totally 90's nostalgia but there are a handful of cfb teams that had their peak in the 90's stripeless pant era and should stay there: u dub, nebraska, atm...

I think Washington would be improved with pants stripes matching their helmets, but that’s nitpicking. Obviously BYU looks better in royal, but it’s also the scenery around the stadium and the field. The only way it could look better is with a baseball diamond and some rain or snow. 

Ole Miss vs Cal was again a good looking game despite us going with blue-white-blue. Rebels went with powder blue for the second week in a row which definitely made this game less navy blue than it could have been

EFAnUd3VUAA1DJ2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EFAnUd3VAAA4qqu?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EFAnUd4UcAAs50j?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EFAnUd8UcAAJGA8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

gold pants would have made this one fantastic

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Is this a new fabric trend or something with HDTV technology and such where it’s more noticeable, but NDs gold pants are sweat patchy. I’m seeing sweat stains I’ve never seen before all over cfb lol. The color tones and such are some color tones I’ve never seen before. 

Oklaoma states orange chrome looks more red than anything. 

Georgia played everyone. Regular red -red-grey. 

Oregon looking decent. Still wish for a touch of Yellow somewhere. Get rid of your wings and add an orange O. Perfect uniform right there. Itd basically be like their practice set. You gotta think of the tv crowd with these decisions. 

On 9/18/2019 at 1:43 PM, upperV03 said:

Wazzu going with their crappy all-anthracite combo vs UCLA:

Dark grey is a hard color to pull off. It looks like a faded black on tv in the dark night game. Terrible. Just go all black. 

But more than anything, your whole stadium and graphics package is maroon. At least Boise states black out had blue hints. WSU is really going all grey and white with zero color on anything. Impressive unity for no color. 

I don’t know what’s worse. Dark grey or super light grey, which looks like their jerseys are a bit old and dirty with the team on the left (NMSU)

spacer.png

2 hours ago, MattMill said:

Dark grey is a hard color to pull off. It looks like a faded black on tv in the dark night game. Terrible. Just go all black. 

But more than anything, your whole stadium and graphics package is maroon. At least Boise states black out had blue hints. WSU is really going all grey and white with zero color on anything. Impressive unity for no color. 

I don’t know what’s worse. Dark grey or super light grey, which looks like their jerseys are a bit old and dirty with the team on the left (NMSU)

spacer.png

I actually disagree, it’s a great uniform, watching the game rn and it comes off as grey on my tv atleast, maybe some red outlines on the numbers could work too, but the red and dark grey color scheme looks really good imo.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

8 hours ago, jn8 said:

I know this’ll be unpopular, but.....

This

nQkeUAN.jpg

is better than this

k8WXMZJ.jpg

What's with Pitt and terrible number fonts?

I actually agree.  I wanted them to go back to the colors they wear now but... I don't know.  Something about it's not working for me.

IUe6Hvh.png

17 hours ago, See Red said:

What's with Pitt and terrible number fonts?

I actually agree.  I wanted them to go back to the colors they wear now but... I don't know.  Something about it's not working for me.

It’s the numbers. First of all, the numbers on the blue jersey should be white with yellow outlines. 

That number font... yikes. When the jersey is plain otherwise, the font takes on even more importance, and this one doesn’t work. 

All Pitt and Nike needed to do was go back to the old color scheme and get the hell out of the way. But they couldn’t. 

(The uneven line weights between the helmet and pants also bugs me.)

13 hours ago, MattMill said:

Is this a new fabric trend or something with HDTV technology and such where it’s more noticeable, but NDs gold pants are sweat patchy. I’m seeing sweat stains I’ve never seen before all over cfb lol. The color tones and such are some color tones I’ve never seen before. 

Oklaoma states orange chrome looks more red than anything. 

Georgia played everyone. Regular red -red-grey. 

Oregon looking decent. Still wish for a touch of Yellow somewhere. Get rid of your wings and add an orange O. Perfect uniform right there. Itd basically be like their practice set. You gotta think of the tv crowd with these decisions. 

Orange O?

Archived