San Diego Padres 2020 Rebrand Discussion

Gothamite

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never cared for road pinstripes, so that's a no from me. Everything else seems really nice, though. The shade of sand seems a lot closer to the '69 roads, and not nearly as urine-like as the '04 look. Everything seems like it's well thought-out and balanced, the shades of the colors work great together, and even though I preferred the '00s Swingin' Friar to this retro version, it looks fantastic here in that gleaming gold circle. Hopefully a hat with a gold front panel is soon to follow.

I can't believe this team slogged along anonymously in navy and white for as long as it did.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

24 minutes ago, OBomb said:

Chris' article states that two camouflage uniforms will be revealed tomorrow. Clearly one will be patterned after the Marine Corps digi-camos. I'm wondering if the other will be the green Navy digi-camo since the Navy recently phased out the 'blueberry' uniforms.

Here are the two hats. The left is the primary cap. The right is the alt cap that goes with the military uniform.  Not sure the color translates here but the military hat has a less reddish shade of brown. 

0-A89244-E-9-BF7-4-AA6-B4-BA-73-F1-B839-

It looks great!

Given San Diego's history, this uniform is really only a success if they're still wearing this basic setup in 5-10 years.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The road pinstripes set is way too good to only be the alternate. I might even go as far as to say it’s the best of the bunch. It’s the combination of the brown and yellow paired with the sand (which is the perfect accent to pair with those colors). The pinstripes look great on the road, which is tough to do. This is a great update. I’d say it’s near the Blue Jays level. Hopefully Milwaukee knocks theirs out of the park, too.

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It looks great!

Given San Diego's history, this uniform is really only a success if they're still wearing this basic setup in 5-10 years.

They showed a five minute video before the show started, and Fowler said these are the uniforms they plan on wearing for a long time and the ones they will be remembered for after their championship. 

It’s great! Almost perfect in fact. I do have some nitpicks (of course). 

They could use numbers in front. Jersey would benefit greatly with that.

This might just be me but does PADRES look big? 

So far we’re 2 for 2 in the Nike era. Might be because it’s just a manufacture logo swap so far. 

XM4KeeA.png

11 hours ago, daveindc said:

IMG_20191109_191511-590x770.jpgpadres-new-uniform-compare-brown-gold-colours-590x551.jpg

Hate to admit it... I don’t hate them. Easily the best brown uniform the franchise ever came up with. I actually kinda like the home, particularly the edging on the sleeves and collar. The sand away is almost a grey sand which I can appreciate as a deviation from the norm, but not a big one as it almost looks grey. And they actually improved the old Friday alt as the new away which is nice. And best of all the taco bell cap is dead as it belongs as it is a putrid piece of crap. 

Interested in what the second camo cameo will look like since it’s now confirmed the first is the USMC as before. 

Those stirrups are just gorgeous 

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

8 minutes ago, Ark said:

Yes they would. There's a reason why men's fashion has turned from this

81393916-2003-nba-draft.jpg

to this

draft-2018-facts.jpg

Except that’s not what the uniforms look like, the uniforms look like the bottom example more than anything else

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

2 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Except that’s not what the uniforms look like, the uniforms look like the bottom example more than anything else

The point is that clothing that actually fits you looks better. These uniforms are two sizes too big:

WnYmO7k.jpg

Archived