MLB Changes 2020

kimball

10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't think anyone even refers to it as Washington outside of news shows.  They should go with DC and scrap every form of W.

Washington: synecdoche for the federal government

DC: the city people live in

I've said from day one that it should be an interlocking DC on the caps.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twins have been using a Wordmark all over their Social Media pages and TV Commercials for about a year now, which appears to be an updated version of the 1961-1986 Wordmark. Reminds me a lot of @SFGiants58's concept. (In fact, the Twins actually used one of his Twins scripts last year!)

da0Lbhs.png

49 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

@simtek34 I hope they make that wordmark full time. A modern version of our original uniforms would be awesome. Hopefully with a brand new Minnesota script for the road

I really like it! They've improved upon my work somewhat. That "s" and the various links between the letters look better.

Here's hoping they've got a matching "Minnesota" script in the works to finally make the best of their identity.

Not sure if its been noticed yet, but the Brewers have been pairing their navy tops with the solid navy caps. They also seem to be presenting this as their default road uniform. They wore blue on the road about as often as they wore their regular road grays over the past two (playoff) seasons. Perhaps they see this part of their identity now?

I must say, the blue top is growing on me. I didn't think I'd be saying that. But the numbers are definitely the best part of this new set.

28 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Not sure if its been noticed yet, but the Brewers have been pairing their navy tops with the solid navy caps. They also seem to be presenting this as their default road uniform. They wore blue on the road about as often as they wore their regular road grays over the past two (playoff) seasons. Perhaps they see this part of their identity now?

I must say, the blue top is growing on me. I didn't think I'd be saying that. But the numbers are definitely the best part of this new set.

I just think they're wearing the blue jersey because of the spring training catch up games. The rest of the league seems to be the same way right now. I'm sure once the season starts we'll see the gray uniform.

bSLCtu2.png

Every New Baseball Logo and Uniform for 2020

July 23, 2020 - 03:30 AM

The 2020 Major League Baseball season is here… seriously this time. Of course, it may have taken four months later than originally scheduled and we have no idea where the Toronto Blue Jays will play but… baseball! Every year we do a run-down of all the changes heading into the

Read More...

The swoosh ruins the cohesion of every single uniform in the majors. It (intentionally) sticks out like a sore thumb and draws attention away from the rest of the jersey. MLB had perhaps the most aesthetic uniforms in sports, and they decided an incremental boost in merch sales was worth more than that.

7 hours ago, Maroon&Gold said:

Anniversary patch on the right sleeve and right side of the cap. I don't get why they need it on both

aQBEZNm.jpg

Dodgers did the same thing with the All Star Game patchers...although they weren’t the same design

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

On local radio this morning a Nats official said they'll be wearing the championship uniforms at home all season

With the gold trim or just the new alternate home whites? 

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

I hate that cap logo treatment but Minnesota has made it broadly acceptable in baseball, so they might as well. I just don't know what DC logo fits with their current identity.

I will say that I've been surprised that the red curly-W hat became so ubiquitous off the field for a newbie team, but I'll also say that I feel like it's all from people who moved there to work on Capitol Hill a lot more than locals.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

49 minutes ago, ptaylor said:

With the gold trim or just the new alternate home whites? 

Yeah he said the championship uniform, talking specifically about the gold trimmed uniform. The hosts said hey tell us about this wacky uniform you’re gonna be wearing today, and how often will they wear it? And he said all season at home 

90758391980.gif

26 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Yeah he said the championship uniform, talking specifically about the gold trimmed uniform. The hosts said hey tell us about this wacky uniform you’re gonna be wearing today, and how often will they wear it? And he said all season at home 

Might as well remind everyone you're the champs after a worldwide pandemic and national unrest. 

Not my favorite but it would sure beat the stars and stripes garbage from last year. 

21 hours ago, the admiral said:

Anecdote isn't the plural of data, but I know several people who live/have lived in Washington, DC, and most of them use the two more or less interchangeably to describe the place where they live.  They certainly don't restrict one of them to describe just the federal government. 

In fairness, I do know one Washingtonian who insists on only ever using "DC".  But he's also the guy from Northern California who insists on using "Ess-Eff" for the City by the Bay, so go figure. :lol:

What Patches are the Players Wearing in the Yankees-Nats Game?

July 23, 2020 - 23:57 PM

If you’re watching tonight’s Opening Day game between the Washington Nationals and New York Yankees you may have noticed both teams have players wearing several patches on their jerseys. You may have asked yourself, what are those patches? I’m here to answer! Both clubs tonight are wearing up to two

Read More...

Archived