MLB Changes 2020

kimball

As an Indians fan, I feel very little attachment to navy and red. I do with brown and orange & wine and gold, but blue and red is common in baseball that it doesn't at all feel uniquely Cleveland. If the Indians name goes, wipe it all clean and start fresh. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chiming in one more time about the Nats' championship uniform.

No numbers on the front? And why the sleeve inconsistency from the script Nationals white alternate, which these were presumably modeled after (which also have a sleeve striping inconstancy to the rest of the Nats uniforms).  Love this team, but they need to sort out this minor identity crisis they seem to be having.  Way too many hats and alternates.Just wear the curly-W please.  Every promo shot and headshot I see of the Nats for this year is with the white panel alternate hat and the alt jersey, with the purple looking Nationals wordmark - the fake me out Twins look. I really worry they're gonna move to that uniform full time, soon.

Washington Nationals on Twitter: "Ladies and gentlemen, your 2020 ...

90758391980.gif

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Every promo shot and headshot I see of the Nats for this year is with the white panel alternate hat and the alt jersey, with the purple looking Nationals wordmark - the fake me out Twins look. I really worry they're gonna move to that uniform full time, soon.

Washington Nationals on Twitter: "Ladies and gentlemen, your 2020 ...

Looks good to me.

Honestly, probably an unpopular opinion; but I'd say a script should just be a thing on every team's jersey. I've always hated the curly W patch on the breast being the main thing on the front of the jersey for Washington; people don't cheer for the Washington W's, they cheer for the Washington Nationals. Single-letter logos really work best as cap insignia (though I'd argue the Capitol Building logo with either the curly W or the current one should be the full-time cap logo for them, too).

Just having a small logo on the breast feels kinda silly and leaves a lot of blank space. A script fills the space better.

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I know it’s different strokes but there’s no planet where that looks good. I mean if you wanna say it’s better than their usual home look and the curly-w looks like Walgreens, I get it. But it does not look good 

This jersey doesn’t look good. 

It looks great

spacer.png

I don’t love the white-paneled cap, but switch the blue and white on that front panel, and they’re set.

Yes, this is better than their regular home look.  And yes, the curly-W was stolen from Walgreens and very much shows it. But even setting those two things aside, taking this look on its own merits, it is just a few simple tweaks away from all-time classic.

17 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

This jersey doesn’t look good. 

It looks great

spacer.png

I don’t love the white-paneled cap, but switch the blue and white on that front panel, and they’re set.

Yes, this is better than their regular home look.  And yes, the curly-W was stolen from Walgreens and very much shows it. But even setting those two things aside, taking this look on its own merits, it is just a few simple tweaks away from all-time classic.

The jersey needs to be red outlined in blue across the board. Names, number, script. I dont love the angle of the script, but it's workable.

So yeah, I agree. Couple tweaks and it's perfect. And I say that as a big fan of the curly W too and like their regular homes. (do prefer the curly W as the cap logo though)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Red outlined in blue, flatten the script, make the sleeve and collar trim blue-red-blue to match the script, NOB, and numbers, and use the curly w red cap with it.  You all can hate it all you want, but you can't get rid of the curly w but use the script.  It's the same font.

EDIT:  Just experimenting here, what does everyone think about a Nationals script with a thicker outline?  keAArHs.png

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

I don't think anyone even refers to it as Washington outside of news shows.  They should go with DC and scrap every form of W.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

29 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I think there's a perfect way to keep the Curly W around as a hat element; just make it part of the Capitol Building logo, like so;

spacer.png

I think this is a good idea in theory, but I don’t think it would translate well to a cap. You would have to condense the W or enlarge the capitol building. Neither option would look good IMO.

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't think anyone even refers to it as Washington outside of news shows.  They should go with DC and scrap every form of W.

Not that I am particularly a fan of the W but I do not find the interlocking DC at all appealing either. 

For the record, I’m pro curly W. I don’t think a block W looks good on a cap. The curly W, being rounded, softens the stiffness of the letter.

Outside having too many alts and caps, I like the W only home white, but if the script went to the home white and the W sticking around on a red or blue alt, I’d be good with that. Make the script red. I like what @itsmb8 did above. Please drop the flag uniforms and caps. We get it, you play in the nation’s capital. 

7 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Red outlined in blue, flatten the script, make the sleeve and collar trim blue-red-blue to match the script, NOB, and numbers, and use the curly w red cap with it.  You all can hate it all you want, but you can't get rid of the curly w but use the script.  It's the same font.

EDIT:  Just experimenting here, what does everyone think about a Nationals script with a thicker outline?  keAArHs.png

This looks better to me.  I think the Nats should be a red dominant team first, but also this just looks better to my eyes.  The blue with red outline really gives off a purple effect for me.  

90758391980.gif

4 minutes ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

Watching the Twins vs Cubs game, and theres an ad in the dirt on the mound at Wrigley...

Business entity that will be missing one of its biggest revenue streams this season makes decision necessary to replace missing revenue. In other news, the Pope is Catholic.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived