NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think that's true. There's no fold in the jersey. It's about as flat as it can be. 

Here's another look at the fishhooked version where there is no fold.

cut.jpeg

Go take a look at the video.  https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/news/continue-climb-on-scoring-charts/c-309818630  Scroll down a bit and at about the half way mark you can see a side version of Landeskog doing the fly by on the celebration that is the same as that picture.  There's also a shot of the C about 10 seconds in.  It shows the normal looking C.  There's a fold in that jersey you probably can't tell because of how dark the jersey is.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets have updated their gloves for this year. They added aviator blue to the top band of the gloves. Doesn't look terrible, but didn't seem necessary... They shoulda fixed their road socks.

Image result for winnipeg jets 2019-2020

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Jets have updated their gloves for this year. They added aviator blue to the top band of the gloves. Doesn't look terrible, but didn't seem necessary... They shoulda fixed their road socks.

Image result for winnipeg jets 2019-2020

I think it looks great, much like the Kings adding silver to the top bands. I'd like to see more teams do it.

8 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I think it looks great, much like the Kings adding silver to the top bands. I'd like to see more teams do it.

I think the Kings gloves look bad with the silver cuff. Jets are ok, but agree it’s an unnecessary move. 

Just now, B-mer said:

I think the Kings gloves look bad with the silver cuff. Jets are ok, but agree it’s an unnecessary move. 

Its 'unnecessary' yeah but it's not a bad move at all. If you're going to be the two-blue team, own it. 

As for the Kings, the silver cuff is a massive upgrade, especially on the road. Those uniforms do not showcase the silver very much at all so adding it wherever you can helps.

13 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

A couple of goof-ups with Dennis Kearns' jersey; it has the blue version of the retro stick-in-rink on the front and the modern era Johnny Canuck V shoulder patch.

It is the jersey for the Vancouver Canucks alumni team.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Those are SOOO awful. I know a lot of it was from the teams decision, but man even some white in the stripes would have made things better. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

UKRGvwb.jpg

They look fine here. A couple tweaks are in order but overall its a solid design. They look absolutely horrible on tv though. Through the camera the green absolutely bleeds into the blue and its just a dark mess save for the logo, numbers and collar, which are almost entirely white. It needs some in the striping for both contrast and balance. The 'V's in the stripes would be cool to see again. Also its pretty stupid that they made custom pant covers for these uniforms and the only thing they did was take away the stripes. Why bother at that point. The original pants these uniforms are based off had stripes.

Canucks01.png

I still think green and blue shouldn't touch but these have certainly grown on me.  There were times during tonight's game where I could really appreciate the new look on it's own merits.  The collar sucks but so do most instances of the Adidas treatment.  I don't get why they can't make a new version where the outer part isn't as thick.

33 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

They look fine here. A couple tweaks are in order but overall its a solid design. They look absolutely horrible on tv though. Through the camera the green absolutely bleeds into the blue and its just a dark mess save for the logo, numbers and collar, which are almost entirely white. It needs some in the striping for both contrast and balance. The 'V's in the stripes would be cool to see again.

My thoughts exactly. It looks alright in photos - save for the collar treatment - but on TV it just doesn't work.

I like the updated stick-in-rink, but that's about it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

2 hours ago, Chromatic said:

They look fine here. A couple tweaks are in order but overall its a solid design. They look absolutely horrible on tv though. Through the camera the green absolutely bleeds into the blue and its just a dark mess save for the logo, numbers and collar, which are almost entirely white. It needs some in the striping for both contrast and balance. The 'V's in the stripes would be cool to see again. Also its pretty stupid that they made custom pant covers for these uniforms and the only thing they did was take away the stripes. Why bother at that point. The original pants these uniforms are based off had stripes.

Canucks01.png

Without any white stripes in the jersey, it wouldn't match, so I would say just going with the solid blue was the correct move.  Of course, as you pointed out, the jersey needs some white stripes.  I honestly don't think it even looks good in pictures.

6 hours ago, Morgo said:

I still think green and blue shouldn't touch but these have certainly grown on me.  There were times during tonight's game where I could really appreciate the new look on it's own merits.  The collar sucks but so do most instances of the Adidas treatment.  I don't get why they can't make a new version where the outer part isn't as thick.

I feel pretty much the same way.  It didn't seem as bad as I thought it could be when they hit the ice.  Of course, this is an alternate so there is freedom to experiment.  The design with the lack of white in striping would be more questionable if it were a primary uniform.  Really like the new Stick-in-Rink crest on this jersey.

As well, the green now seems brighter than back in the early 1970s when it did touch on their primary jerseys.  So does not bleed into the blue as bad as it did back then.

spacer.png  

On 10/6/2019 at 4:50 AM, SFGiants58 said:

Honestly, just change the name. It’s not like the team has ever won anything of value as the Canucks. Unlike the Angels, Padres, Brewers, Marlins, and Orioles, this wasn’t a “traditional name” worthy of promoting to the majors. 

Besides, why use “Canucks” in Canada’s least “Canadian” major city? It’s the city that has doubled for nearly every other major city in the world.

Orcas would be better, Millionaires would be better, Ospreys would be better, something referencing the film industry in the city would be better, and even Grizzlies would be better.

Say what you want about Minnesota’s name, but they nailed that logo. The Vancouver NHL club hasn’t nailed a logo for the team. Maybe a better name would help them?

Take your opinion elsewhere. The Canucks name has been around since 1947. Its as traditional as it gets for a non original six team.

It annoys me to hell when someone with zero investment in this team who doesnt even live here makes a stupid statement like "just change it to the Orcas." 

Its no different than someone mocking another team with a made up nickname such as Coilers.

6 hours ago, uniformity said:

Take your opinion elsewhere. 

How about no. 

This is a message board. Any opinion presented in a way that doesn't violate our community rules is allowed. Neither you or anyone else has the right to tell someone to leave on account of their opinion. 

Archived