NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

So the Canucks change their uniforms for the first time in 12 years, it being the only major uniform change of the entire season and we're all forbidden from talking about it on a message board where we discuss uniform changes.  What a farce.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Is it unfair that the Canucks are the only team with this restriction? Maybe

Unfair?  Yeah, that's putting it mildly.  How would you like it if their was a ban on Maple Leafs talk the season they got rid of the Ballard Leaf...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still stand by original opinion that those Oilers 3rds are nice. Nothing amazing, but they're unique and sharp and do everything a 3rd jersey should do. I like them.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

5 minutes ago, Morgo said:

So the Canucks change their uniforms for the first time in 12 years, it being the only major uniform change of the entire season and we're all forbidden from talking about it on a message board where we discuss uniform changes.  What a farce.

It's not really a farce based on the reasons given. At least I can take some comfort (and I think you're with me too) in the fact that I know I'm very happy with how they look currently, while some others are still whining about what they want them to change.

Anyway, I'm not keen on being punished for talking about something we're not supposed to, so I better toe the line and keep quiet lol.

I really don't like the Oilers third.  Maybe had the stripes on the sleeves had been slightly thicker or more than just two, it could have worked...maybe.  Maybe a little white outline around the logo, too.  At least, they won't go down in team history as the worst jersey ever.  And why did they use the weird collar instead of just going with the thinner version?

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

Unfair?  Yeah, that's putting it mildly.  How would you like it if their was a ban on Maple Leafs talk the season they got rid of the Ballard Leaf...

There is "discussion" and then there is what's been going on in this thread. You're right, it is a farce, but it's not because we're shutting down Canucks Talk Radio. As someone stated about 4300 Canucks posts ago, this bit has become the new Clevejacked. This has been page after page of tail-chasing and derailing the thread. Maybe if some of you hadn't shown such blatant disregard for Glenn's original warning, we wouldn't have gotten here, but that hasn't been the case. Trust me when I say this, the very best bet you can make right now is to drop the matter and move on. We all get where you stand on the changes to the Canucks look. You've made your point. What's left to say? 

BB52Big.jpg

The Oilers third has grown on me since it came out and it doesn't look half bad on the ice. That being said I still hate the direction they went with a couple years ago and the orange sweater hasn't grown on me at all.

Although if it were up to me I'd have the Oilers back in Navy and Copper, at least as an alternate.

9 hours ago, TorinK92 said:

The Oilers third has grown on me since it came out and it doesn't look half bad on the ice. That being said I still hate the direction they went with a couple years ago and the orange sweater hasn't grown on me at all.

Although if it were up to me I'd have the Oilers back in Navy and Copper, at least as an alternate.

The Oilers third does look better on the ice. They should have thickened their stripes slightly tho. And the orange jersey just needs to have the pattern match the old alternate. I actually kinda like the navy and brighter orange. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

10 hours ago, daniel75 said:

Start a Canucks thread, problem solved.

I mean, that's certainly something that could be tried, but why should the mods allow something almost certainly destined to turn into a dumpster before page 3?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

11 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I mean, that's certainly something that could be tried, but why should the mods allow something almost certainly destined to turn into a dumpster before page 3?

The wild west. I say do it, and let the participants fight to the death.

22 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Then you don’t click on it. If people wanna talk in circles let them.

Now that I've seen it in action, I think the Oilers third is far too plain. The sleeve stripes are too thin and they kind of bleed in with the numbers.

If they had mimicked the striping of the regular uniforms, it'd be a bit more interesting. As is, it doesn't feel like an Oilers jersey.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Pic from @TheFourthPeriod on Twitter
spacer.png spacer.png

This is completely random and unexpected. The Devils have never had an alternate logo in their 37 year history. And I don't think they need one. It's not a bad logo, just very generic. Nothing about it says New Jersey Devils to me. Maybe it could work as a shoulder patch. I just don't see the need.

I actually really like it. Instead of looking generic, I think it has a nice old-school vibe to it that meshes perfectly with the team's primary. It actually looks as if both logos were designed in the same era, which is perfect.

Especially with a name like "Devils", it probably would have been super tempting to make a devil head as the secondary or try to make some kind of Jersey Devil logo as a secondary; but going with the simple option of a pitchfork in a roundel fits the team so much better, IMO. Plus, I think the B-Devils already have a similar logo anyways.

Archived