NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

4 hours ago, Corvus said:

Nashville has some old college mascot logo  vibes going with those new alternate logos.

They might as well—since they’ve appropriated all the college hockey cheers and chants. All they need now is a pep band and a fight song.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/15/2019 at 3:19 PM, McCarthy said:

It's a nice sweater, but I wouldn't put Vancouver's in the Top 10. It is amazing how much it's improved by removing the arched vancouver, like we've all been saying since it first debuted. Only took them 12 years to do something they should've done on day one. The new outline treatment on the shoulder patch is an improvement as well. 

The reason I wouldn't put it in the top ten is the logo still looks like it belongs on a different jersey. It's predominantly navy blue and white, with no green and minimal amounts of the royal blue that is the base color of the jersey.

Solution: 

spacer.png

Here's another option (image traced) where blue and green don't touch and also matches the shoulder patch.

canucks+fix.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I feel like they might put that logo on the helmets or pants. And that Nashville script will definitely be on the chest.

I really hope they do that, but I have a sinking feeling that the full cat is going to be on the chest.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

7 hours ago, DrAwesomeberry said:

I do believe there's a way to improve the Flames' retro look with the inclusion of black trim, but I don't trust them to keep it limited to a tertiary color. There's already too many teams with the black helmet, red jersey, black pants look; the Flames don't need to be one.

110% agree. Red and yellow-gold without any stitch of black is a natural for the Flames. Perhaps, a slightly deeper shade of red.

On 10/16/2019 at 2:59 PM, ldconcepts said:

Here's another option (image traced) where blue and green don't touch and also matches the shoulder patch.

canucks+fix.png

I prefer McCarthy's version but still don't see why the lack of green on their current logo is an issue let alone a deal-breaker.  The numbers don't contain any green, nor did they on any of the team's original blue and green uniforms, so why must the main logo?  The stripes contain more than enough green to balance the uniform and the way the Orca is presently coloured has its benefits as well.  Navy is great way to depict the whale without having to taint the palette with black and the metallic silver would be missed if it was eliminated all-together as it makes the art style even more eye-catching.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:59 PM, ldconcepts said:

canucks+fix.png

I like it though i’d ditch the blue outline on the white version. I get the consistency sake, but still much prefer without it.

What happened to that moratorium on Canucks discussion? As an orca hater, I am absolutely fine with the current set now that they’ve dropped the script. While I’m no fan of the logo, the uniforms actually look respectable now and the reason I don’t want to see anymore change is because they’ve got the striping and colours perfect, and any time they mess around with the uniforms they run the risk of downgrading them.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:23 AM, Morgo said:

I prefer McCarthy's version but still don't see why the lack of green on their current logo is an issue let alone a deal-breaker.  The numbers don't contain any green, nor did they on any of the team's original blue and green uniforms, so why must the main logo?  The stripes contain more than enough green to balance the uniform and the way the Orca is presently coloured has its benefits as well.  Navy is great way to depict the whale without having to taint the palette with black and the metallic silver would be missed if it was eliminated all-together as it makes the art style even more eye-catching.

I don’t think he’s necessarily taking issue with the lack of green in the logo, but rather the inclusion of two colors (navy blue and silver) that are, arguably, not even team colors at this point. Even the secondary logo is silver-free now, so there’s no real excuse left to retain those colors in the primary logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Even the secondary logo is silver-free now, so there’s no real excuse left to retain those colors in the primary logo.

Should the Blackhawks eliminate tan/brown from their logo?  What about orange or the blue stitching around the feathers?  Those three colours aren't found anywhere on their striping configuration or secondary logos and those jerseys are often regarded as the leagues best.

You can't really classify silver as an additional colour anyways.  It's just white with a darker tint and a metallic sheen.  The Anaheim Ducks have a silver outline around their logo but I would never consider silver as part of their official palette.

As for the navy?  Besides essentially just being a darker blue, it's really the only accurate way to depict an Orca without resorting to black.  A Royal blue Orca would be passable, don't get me wrong, I just think navy does a better job.

32 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Should the Blackhawks eliminate tan/brown from their logo?  What about orange or the blue stitching around the feathers?  Those three colours aren't found anywhere on their striping configuration or secondary logos and those jerseys are often regarded as the leagues best.

You can't really classify silver as an additional colour anyways.  It's just white with a darker tint and a metallic sheen.  The Anaheim Ducks have a silver outline around their logo but I would never consider silver as part of their official palette.

As for the navy?  Besides essentially just being a darker blue, it's really the only accurate way to depict an Orca without resorting to black.  A Royal blue Orca would be passable, don't get me wrong, I just think navy does a better job.

I don't really think you can compare the Blackhawks logo which has been around since 1940's and the navy and silver orca which has been around for about 10 years.

1 hour ago, dannykraft said:

I don't really think you can compare the Blackhawks logo which has been around since 1940's and the navy and silver orca which has been around for about 10 years.

The Blackhawks logo was ten years old once...  Time has nothing to do with my argument, it's perfectly acceptable for logos to contain colours not found anywhere else on the jersey.  The Canucks and Blackhawks are just two examples.

3 minutes ago, Morgo said:

The Blackhawks logo was ten years old once...  Time has nothing to do with my argument, it's perfectly acceptable for logos to contain colours not found anywhere else on the jersey.  The Canucks and Blackhawks are just two examples.

The Blackhawks also have all the colors in their jerseys present in the logo. The Canucks do not.

Honestly I’d prefer a black orca with royal blue and green trim. Silver is fine too. It’s basically a fancy white adding a little more to the crest. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

It always intrigues me how much people will debate about how much the Canucks logos may or may not have anything to do with Canucks,  but nobody beats an eye at the current logos of the Golden State Warriors. 

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

What happened to that moratorium on Canucks discussion?

It's still on. 

Sorry gang, you all know what you did. 

EDIT-

I'm well aware that I am not innocent in the constant Canucks arguments. That being said? Moderation has decided that we're all sick of it. And judging from the responses these "discussions" usually get? People outside of the usual suspects are sick of it too. 

So here it is in case Glenn's warning (that I reposted btw) wasn't clear enough. We do not want to hear ANYTHING Canucks related unless it is specifically about a new uniform or logo. That's it.

Is it unfair that the Canucks are the only team with this restriction? Maybe, but they're the only team that derails threads constantly. We'll re-evaluate this position at the end of the season, but as of now? No Canucks talk unless it's to discuss specifically updated and new elements. Nothing else, and I mean NOTHING, is to come from it. 

Warning points and other disciplinary action to come for those who insist on continuing to clog this thread with non-relevant Canucks discussion.

Archived