NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, dont care said:

But the predators is a yellower gold, and Dallas uses a more kelly green rather than that forest. Their 2 colors are too close to each other. 

Might be the lighting. North Dakota is definitely not forest green--Dallas and North Dakota might even use the same fabric swatch for their green.

20190119_HKY_NorthDakota11557.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me if Minnesota and Nashville are using the same fabric swatch for their gold. Nashville and Minnesota's helmets are very close in color as well.

Nashville isn't definitely isn't the shade of yellow ("maize") like Michigan, which is noticeably more yellow than Minnesota.

jea-0004-gophers-michigan.jpg

Either way, I think a Nashville in gold versus Dallas in green would basically be Minnesota versus North Dakota, which would look fine.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

6 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Hey, Vancouver.... why is that you can give yourself a pretty collar for these throwbacks, but not the Home & Away jerseys? 

That isn't pretty, though. Their primary collars would be better if they were just thin lines instead of having the extra half-circle, but the Adidas jersey full collars are horrible. Adidas needs to change those collars in general.

5 hours ago, dont care said:

But the predators is a yellower gold, and Dallas uses a more kelly green rather than that forest. Their 2 colors are too close to each other. 

One of the best uniform matchups in sports involves Kelly green vs yellow-gold(Athletic gold) and that's the Boston Celtics or the old Seattle Supersonics on the road against the LA Lakers. Green vs yellow is simply unique. 

2 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

Wonder why the Canucks went through the trouble of getting Adizero game quality jerseys just to be worn in warmups. Throwback warmup jerseys have recently been in the old CCM cut with adidas logos added after

Wouldn't it be up to Adidas, more than the Canucks, as to which template is to be used?  The flying V jersey Stan Smyl wore for the home opener was also in the Adizero.  Maybe this is the new way Adidas is handling retro jerseys from now on.

As nice as the Canucks' throwbacks are, I preferred them with the reebok collar they had back in 2011 much more. The adidas collar really screws everything up, even when it is used correctly sometimes. It's just an awkward template.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Dallas Stars Unveil 2020 Winter Classic Uniform

November 6, 2019 - 16:23 PM

The Dallas Stars this morning unveiled their new 2020 Winter Classic uniform, to be worn for the outdoor New Year’s Day game at the Cotton Bowl against the Nashville Predators. While the official release made no direct mention of this […]

Read More...

These are so slick! The crewneck collar detail (inside and out), the phantom-bevel stitching, the crisp contrast between the green and white, and I am a huge fan of that new alternate Texas-D logo on the sleeve. Mirror that on the other sleeve instead of the Winter Classic logo and you have a look that you can keep around for a long time. Love it.spacer.png 

As a fan, I'm a fan.

Green helmets, retro leather gloves, the white shoulders. It's a perfect mix of current Stars, North Stars, and Dallas Texans they were shooting for.

I already bought an Authentic Heiskanen, and I'm waiting for customization to be an option cause I may get a Corey Perry too. The Stars fan base is basically eating this up with a spoon, per Twitter. The only complaints so far have been the pants color, but even that works in my eyes for the era we are throwing back to.

Absolute home run, as far as this Stars fan is concerned.

It feels so good to finally have my team create an aesthetic that works. We've come a long way from the midnight green, mooterus, and black/gold eras.

15 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

These are so slick! The crewneck collar detail (inside and out), the phantom-bevel stitching, the crisp contrast between the green and white, and I am a huge fan of that new alternate Texas-D logo on the sleeve. Mirror that on the other sleeve instead of the Winter Classic logo and you have a look that you can keep around for a long time. Love it.spacer.png 

If anything, this new template with the old-school shoulder yoke and modified collar treatment is a HUGE upgrade over what @adidashockey has given us since they took over the league contract.

patriotssignature.png

Archived