New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

I think the helmet should be kelly green, that looks awesome w/ the sun glaring off of it. We have 5 teams w white helmets and only 1 w green. 

6 teams and 3 of them are in the AFC East. It makes it the most boring division when it comes to uniform matchups. 

On 3/22/2019 at 10:30 AM, VDizzle12 said:

6 teams and 3 of them are in the AFC East. It makes it the most boring division when it comes to uniform matchups. 

I love White helmets, especially with Black facemasks, and I think Marshall shows you can do it extremely well with Kelly Green & Black, but as this comment points out, it's odd that 3 of 4 teams in the AFC East have White helmets.   NO ONE has a Kelly Green helmet, which is exactly why the Jets could have considered it.  If they do, and they are incorporating Black into the color scheme, that makes perfect sense for the facemask.  North Dakota has this look down with a matte finish (would prefer satin), though I feel like the helmet needs some striping:

Image result for north dakota football

In the end, the 3 out of 4 White helmet argument shouldn't dictate what the Jets do, but it's something for those that want a Green helmet can argue for.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:30 AM, VDizzle12 said:

Hadn't really thought about that with the AFC East. I like Buffalo's current set, and I thought their white helmet was an upgrade when they made the switch, but I find myself missing their red helmet anytime I actually see them play. 

10 minutes ago, BelfourThibault said:

Hadn't really thought about that with the AFC East. I like Buffalo's current set, and I thought their white helmet was an upgrade when they made the switch, but I find myself missing their red helmet anytime I actually see them play. 

There was a concept floating around when they made their switch that had a solid red “motion Buffalo” on the white helmet that I thought added just enough red to make it work. 

Theres nothing objectively wrong with their uniforms, but they are a little dull. I’ll gladly take it though, considering what they replaced. 

I don’t think having three white helmets in a division is an issue - especially when there’s historical support for it. The second colors are all different, as are the rest of the uniforms. If it was three red or blur helmets then yeah - that sucks - but white is fine. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BelfourThibault said:

Yeah I think an upgraded version of their red helmet would be a much better fit for them. These concepts aren't perfect, but it'll give you some idea:

Related imagetumblr_pouilx6PBZ1u7t2opo1_400.png

There was no reason to ditch red helmets for the OJ Simpson era white ones. On top of that, the only other teams with a red helmet is the Chiefs and the Redskins (burgundy).

A royal blue helmet would look good too. The only other team with a royal blue helmet is the Giants.

Buffalo Bills HelmetRelated image

tumblr_pougtoiacX1u7t2opo1_500.pngRelated image

These concepts aren't perfect, but they give you an idea.

I never liked the red helmet for the Bills, honestly. Too many primary colours. The cherry red of the helmet and royal blue of the jerseys were fighting for dominance. I much prefer the white helmet/royal blue jersey look.

9 hours ago, Volt said:

This is Titans-esque.  Which is not a compliment.  

You mean the shoulder shape? I guess. But it’s executed much better. All the parts of the uniform fit together very well. 

I know the bills were criticized some for essentially wearing Giants jerseys in the 80s//90s, but it wouldn’t be bad for them to kinda sorta do it again. I think that a white jersey with heavy blue-red trim on sleeves, and solid white numbers would work well with either a white or red helmet - probably white, and i’d Keep the Buffalo solid blur, and go with a single red stripe. 

Blue jersey could just be the same as the white but with solid white numbers. I think number trim is overrated in many cases, this being one. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I never liked the red helmet for the Bills, honestly. Too many primary colours. The cherry red of the helmet and royal blue of the jerseys were fighting for dominance. I much prefer the white helmet/royal blue jersey look.

The red helmet also led to the awkward situation of the Bills being a "blue" team at home and a "red" team on the road.

The Broncos had/have a similar problem, but at least blue and orange are much more complimentary.

Archived