New York Jets unveil new uniforms

5 minutes ago, Hat Boy said:

You don't have to imagine it--it is what the Jets wore from '78-'89.  I think it looks better this way

Yeah, I was expecting this. It's not quite the same. Thinner pants stripe, Thinner shoulder stripes, definitely smaller shoulder numbers. (I'm going only off the images that have been posted here.) I really think--and this is entirely personal--that the very slight use of black adds some great definition.

Either way, I like the kelly green better than the current, and I don't have a problem with the addition of just a little black. But the redesign could be a complete monstrosity if they overdo the black or over-Nike-fy it.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, insert name said:

I should say, the mid-90s set for the Jets weren't bad. The helmets were still lame but for the most part, it wasn't bad. It reminds me of the Knicks set from the 2000s that used black in a similar way and those I thought were done really well. 

The downside is that those (like the 2000s Knicks) were used during some really REALLY bad embarrassing times for the Jets. I think they only had 1 good season in those sets. 

Depends on your definition of "good season" - they had one playoff berth and one winning season, but weirdly enough they were two separate seasons.

17 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Depends on your definition of "good season" - they had one playoff berth and one winning season, but weirdly enough they were two separate seasons.

I have super low expectations so that 97 season I consider good since they only won 1 game the previous year. I also completely forgot about the 1991 season. 

XM4KeeA.png

2 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

I bet the draft cap with the new logo will leak sometime before the unveiling. 

I wish they spaced out the logo and jersey unveil separately so we can stop going over the same 5 fan concepts continuously and overreact to the logo for 2 weeks while we wait for jerseys.

54 minutes ago, LeveonTheJet said:

I wish they spaced out the logo and jersey unveil separately so we can stop going over the same 5 fan concepts continuously and overreact to the logo for 2 weeks while we wait for jerseys.

Any time now.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

26 minutes ago, MG3 said:

I actually kind of miss the days when a single team would have Champion numbers mixed with Russell/Starter/Wilson/etc. numbers.  

I just miss the days when manufacturers didn't feel the need to give every team its own custom number font.

1 minute ago, MCM0313 said:

I just miss the days when manufacturers didn't feel the need to give every team its own custom number font.

I miss giving teams custom numbers that weren't overdone. Buccaneers and Browns would look 100 times better with block numbers, no upshadows, or a custom font that look like they were taken off my wrist watch. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I miss giving teams custom numbers that weren't overdone. Buccaneers and Browns would look 100 times better with block numbers, no upshadows, or a custom font that look like they were taken off my wrist watch. 

Yeah, some of them (Vikings, Seahawks, Broncos) look pretty good, but a lot of them don't. It isn't just a Nike thing either - the mid-2000s looks mostly have goofy-looking number fonts. I think New England is the only one of that group with a decent number font - Atlanta, Arizona, and Cincinnati all look silly.

41 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, some of them (Vikings, Seahawks, Broncos) look pretty good, but a lot of them don't. It isn't just a Nike thing either - the mid-2000s looks mostly have goofy-looking number fonts. I think New England is the only one of that group with a decent number font - Atlanta, Arizona, and Cincinnati all look silly.

New England's previous numbers were better than what they use now. Cincinnati's side panels are worse than those numbers though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

49 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I think New England is the only one of that group with a decent number font - Atlanta, Arizona, and Cincinnati all look silly.

I dont think Arizona number font is bad. I think their jersey numbers look bad because of the thin black outline.

16 hours ago, insert name said:

I have super low expectations so that 97 season I consider good since they only won 1 game the previous year. I also completely forgot about the 1991 season. 

raul allegre, bud! one of my favorite sports memories as a kid. first time one of my teams made the playoffs while i was cognizant of it. my dad and i celebrated like they won the super bowl.

sig2024.png

I'm just wildly throwing things out there at this point, but all the FA signings had the Jets hat with NY prominent, as well as all there instagram art has NY prominent. Could they try and do another NY logo (Yankees/Mets/Giants etc) all have a version of NY. The could alter the logo to fit a jet in there somewhere.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, VC15AP18 said:

I'm just wildly throwing things out there at this point, but all the FA signings had the Jets hat with NY prominent, as well as all there instagram art has NY prominent. Could they try and do another NY logo (Yankees/Mets/Giants etc) all have a version of NY. The could alter the logo to fit a jet in there somewhere.

it's definitely a distinct possibility. i know we've been talking a lot about the jets' use of last year's sideline cap. these graphics that the jets have been posting about their free agent acquisitions, to me, makes the 'NY' seem even more likely:

sig2024.png

1 hour ago, VC15AP18 said:

spacer.png

If this is the Jets’ new helmet it’s instantly the best NFL uniform redesign in decades

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

11 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

They weren’t custom for the teams, rather, they were custom across each brand. If today’s manufacturers did it like the old ones. You’d have “Nike Block” for every Nike team, “UA Bold” for every UA team, and so on.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

27 minutes ago, VC15AP18 said:

Added the Helmet i did with the previous Jerseys...added that NY as a patch. I wish it was April already sick of wondering haha.spacer.png

Not sure if im the only one, but when i think of Oregon numbers, my mind goes here but in a more manageable size.

8579538.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=240:320,offs

Archived