New York Jets unveil new uniforms

25 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I don't even particularly like this jersey, but I bet it would win in a poll here over the actual jerseys the day after the reveal.

It has its charms. The big deal-breaker of that concept for me was the helmet.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, ryaboisse said:

Long time follower of the site, 1st time Poster!

I've noticed that my Jets have been using that "NY" logo mentioned a few pages back in a lot of their free agency posts the last few days. 

Welcome to the site, and yes, I've been noticing that too. I've got a hunch that the NY may be on the helmets, though it may be too Giants-esque

fiowXOD.png

13 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Hopefully this finally puts this jersey mock up to bed

Keep seeing it pop up everywhere.. 

Who is Connor Hughes and why would he know? 

I'm not arguing that this is legit, I just don't know why someone would know the negative (not it) without knowing the positive (real thing).

It's where I sit.

6 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm not arguing that this is legit, I just don't know why someone would know the negative (not it) without knowing the positive (real thing).

Connor is the Jets beat writer for The Athletic. I assume as a media member he has inside info on the unis that isn't embargoed. He actually posted info in a recent column which described what he knew. 

28 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Read his Twitter bio. He's a Jets beat reporter. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

28 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Jets beat writer for the Athletic. Has tweeted/written stuff about the #JetsNewUnis in recent weeks.

He may have taken that image to a source within the Jets and asked, "Is this it?" and the source said "No" without revealing anything about what they actually are. Having worked in journalism before, can confirm this sometimes happens.

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Read his Twitter bio. He's a Jets beat reporter. 

7 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Jets beat writer for the Athletic. Has tweeted/written stuff about the #JetsNewUnis in recent weeks.

He may have taken that image to a source within the Jets and asked, "Is this it?" and the source said "No" without revealing anything about what they actually are. Having worked in journalism before, can confirm this sometimes happens.

Thanks - I checked out his Twitter bio before asking.  The second response helps me out in terms of the validity of his response. I hadn't thought about taking a 'leak' like this in having someone confirm/deny. I guess my curiousity extends to 'how many people actually know what they look like', and thus 'who could actually confirm or deny?'.

Just trying to work through this in my own mind given the tightly kept nature of this or any update!

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

The New York Jet Dallas Stars.

5 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

New Dallas Starjets

2 hours ago, AndrewG70 said:

I’m actually thinking more like Washington Federals 2.0

I'm thinking New York Jets.

Related imageRelated imageRelated image

Image result for new york jets 1990s

Archived