New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Newport said:

Whixh is what I said pages ago but they’ve already showed us the font for it if y’all would look at the video with the 4/4 in it.

I’d bet my house that those are not the jersey numerals. When’s the last time an NFL team unveiled a uniform with numbers that match its wordmark?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I’d bet my house that those are not the jersey numerals. When’s the last time an NFL team unveiled a uniform with numbers that match its wordmark?

Plus those numerals are too square, too thick and too italicized to work on the front of a football jersey. They'd just look like blobs from a distance, and blobs that ran under the players' arms if they wore a two-digit number.

21 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

The Jaguars previous set number font/NOB matches the official word mark of the team. 

17 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I miss giving teams custom numbers that weren't overdone. Buccaneers and Browns would look 100 times better with block numbers, no upshadows, or a custom font that look like they were taken off my wrist watch. 

The Browns would look 100x better if their numbers were white/brown instead of orange.  Then again, common sense seems to be in short supply at Nikeworld.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

7 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

The Jaguars previous set number font/NOB matches the official word mark of the team. 

Yep, and that might be the entire list (the Jags’ original numbers were a pretty good match for their wordmark at the time, too).

Broncos (sorta)?

Ravens (sorta)?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 minute ago, Discrimihater said:

The Browns would look 100x better if their numbers were white/brown instead of orange.  Then again, common sense seems to be in short supply at Nikeworld.

Haslem suffers from that as well. He wanted orange to overtake the team's look because he's a Tennessee alum. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

41 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Strange that it's so rare.  Seems more prevalent in baseball.

I've long wanted the Packers to adopt stenciled numbers to match their wordmark.

565.png

I think the guy who says they have Oregon numbers was referring to the numbers on the fake jersey.

i think the number font in the video is what you will see.

mark this post and for two weeks when we see who’s right.

1 hour ago, Newport said:

I think the guy who says they have Oregon numbers was referring to the numbers on the fake jersey.

That seems a distinct possibility. I would certainly HOPE a guy who covers them for a living wouldn't be fooled by a rumor that was debunked over a month ago, but a writer is only as good as his source, and, not being up on uniforms in general, this guy may have just assumed his source knew his stuff - and you know what they say about assuming...

On 3/13/2019 at 11:14 AM, DeFrank said:

This is the same flawed logic that says the Jaguars can't have uniforms as simple as the Raiders. 

The Jets will only be a team that doesn't have an "NY" logo that's existed for more than a half century as long as they don't commit to an "NY" logo for more than a half century.

The Jaguars could have uniforms as simple as the Raiders provided they were actually good. The Raiders have a great design. They have helmets with stripes matching their pants. The home jersey is in in their primary color and the white jersey has a secondary color outline. The Jaguars primary jerseys are completely devoid of their primary color (or at least their former primary color which is great, unique, and which the fans have been clamoring for). They are also devoid of their tertiary color. And also any stripes other than the thick cuff which shows up on some jerseys and the nonsensical color block on the back of the legs. Same with the road jerseys - just white with black. And they don't even have helmets in the unique primary color to offset it. So, the Jags could go simpler than their classic inaugural set, sure. They could make good jerseys which incorporate all their of their colors, keeping a unique and bold combo. But instead, they said "give me Penn State, but in black."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

6 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I didn't realize there was so much push back against custom number fonts. 

Block has its places and serves its purpose, but I like teams having custom fonts.

I'm not against custom number fonts. I just think that:

1. They become a lot less "special" when almost every team has its own; and

2. A lot of the custom number fonts NFL teams are currently wearing are not very good, and in many cases represent a clear downgrade from the more-generic ones they wore before.

That's not to say that there aren't good ones, even good ones that are "out there", because there are. (I love the Vikings' number font, for instance.) Just that it doesn't have to be team after team competing to see whose can be the most outrageous. I suppose that goes for recent uniform redesigns in general.

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Strange that it's so rare.  Seems more prevalent in baseball.

I've long wanted the Packers to adopt stenciled numbers to match their wordmark.

I'm not sure it could work for the Packers but I feel like the Steelers could get away with it.

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, Newport said:

The guy who made the Oregon number claim specifically said the fake jersey was not what he was referring to. Also as I’ve already said that numbers from the video are just the same font as their word mark. Stop trying to spread your misinformation please.

11 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

2. A lot of the custom number fonts NFL teams are currently wearing are not very good, and in many cases represent a clear downgrade from the more-generic ones they wore before.

EXACTLY. Most are horribly designed. If it's not an upgrade, don't do it. 

Archived