New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Brian E said:

it's definitely a distinct possibility. i know we've been talking a lot about the jets' use of last year's sideline cap. these graphics that the jets have been posting about their free agent acquisitions, to me, makes the 'NY' seem even more likely:

I’m guessing the logo will be NY in the background and where Bell is, will say Jets. They will probably incorporate the Jet stream in the set somewhere also. 

What I love most about this is the hidden nose of a jet between the N and the Y. It looks to be more than halfway through the half loop of an Immelmann turn, which would result in level flight in the exact opposite direction at a higher altitude. Perfect symbolism for the New York Jets.

spacer.png

spacer.png

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

1 hour ago, TSHARE18 said:

I’m guessing the logo will be NY in the background and where Bell is, will say Jets. They will probably incorporate the Jet stream in the set somewhere also. 

what i'm really curious about is how the skyline fits into all of this. the flight crew's uniforms having the skyline on them, plus the jets using the skyline on these graphics, certainly makes it seem like it will factor in. where though? as a patch? as sleeve striping? part of the logo? or just a red herring/something they'll use elsewhere but not on the uniform?

sig2024.png

42 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

What I love most about this is the hidden nose of a jet between the N and the Y. It looks to be more than halfway through the half loop of an Immelmann turn, which would result in level flight in the exact opposite direction at a higher altitude. Perfect symbolism for the New York Jets.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s always fun to hear conspiracy theories, if you will, about hidden meanings, letters, etc. in a logo. Like the Eagles’ logo supposedly featuring an “E,” since it was not actually the intention of the design but rather a coincidence someone noticed after the fact. I guess the bottom of the “N” in “NY” symbolizes a plane’s tail, too...

1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

You are in the matrix, my friend. 

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Not sure if im the only one, but when i think of Oregon numbers, my mind goes here but in a more manageable size.

8579538.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=240:320,offs

Whixh is what I said pages ago but they’ve already showed us the font for it if y’all would look at the video with the 4/4 in it.

4 minutes ago, Newport said:

Whixh is what I said pages ago but they’ve already showed us the font for it if y’all would look at the video with the 4/4 in it.

That likely not the number font. That is the same font as their current word mark.

1 hour ago, VC15AP18 said:

These are great love that logo.

Logo is fine. Need an alt logo with the team name somewhere on that uniform. I'm not generally a fan of matte helmets but they could work in kelly green. The presence of black has been confirmed. With the green pants, they definitely need either black socks or some sort of stripe-y socks. The overall look of that concept is outstanding, though, and I wish @brycew8 hadn't taken them down. Sorry about people being rude, man. The points they are making are technically correct but most of us, I think, would rather have visual of what you're talking about.

Just now, MCM0313 said:

Logo is fine. Need an alt logo with the team name somewhere on that uniform. I'm not generally a fan of matte helmets but they could work in kelly green. The presence of black has been confirmed. With the green pants, they definitely need either black socks or some sort of stripe-y socks. The overall look of that concept is outstanding, though, and I wish @brycew8 hadn't taken them down. Sorry about people being rude, man. The points they are making are technically correct but most of us, I think, would rather have visual of what you're talking about.

Thanks man, appreciate that. And yeah, I thought a visual might be better than a long winded explanation but I guess I broke some kind of golden rule there, lol.

Never knew black was confirmed - hope its not too much! (personally i don't think it's necessary)

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

I like the concepts when they are pertinent to the discussion as this one was. Helps the conversation and much easier than trying to explain it. 

This is endorsed as a moderator's opinion.

If you're developing a full-fledged concept, sure, post it in Concepts (but feel free to tease it here as it's relevant). But it's definitely fine to post a mock-up or something in this thread.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived