New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Two weeks out and not a sniff of a leak. No hints from the Jets or extreme close up sneak peaks.

Because as others have said, the jets are being extremely secretive about the uniform to a near obsessive level. You likely won’t see anything until day of when retailers stupidly put out the product before they’re suppose to, or some shmuck that works at said retailer opens the box and puts it on social media not realizing he probably just lost his job.

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Because as others have said, the jets are being extremely secretive about the uniform to a near obsessive level. You likely won’t see anything until day of when retailers stupidly put out the product before they’re suppose to, or some shmuck that works at said retailer opens the box and puts it on social media not realizing he probably just lost his job.

Those schmucks are the lifeblood of this board!

(I don't condone anybody losing their job, even for us.)

23 minutes ago, dont care said:

dude, do you need a hug?

sig2024.png

26 minutes ago, dont care said:

This isn't unique to the Jets.

We only saw the Browns leak once they hit retail. Same with the Titans.

The exception is the Jaguars, where we got that weird (and ultimately proven to be preliminary?) graphic and then the billboards at the airport. 

connor hughes, who was the one who provided the nugget about 'oregon numbers' was asked by a reader for a little more on his uniform report. here's the exchange:

---

Bill G., Mar 16, 8:37pm

Great stuff as always Hughes, and cheers for the book recommendation, gonna check that out.

Meant to ask you yesterday, with respect to the jersey leaks....any insight in to what the logo may look like? If we'll have green helmets? Is there black trim in the main jerseys?

When they mentioned the Oregon Numbers, do you think they meant font or specifically that they'll be the oversized numbers of the 18' jerseys?

Any other morsel of info about these jerseys/logo/helmet for us? Haha.

Connor Hughes, STAFF, Mar 19, 4:35pm

@Bill G. Thanks!

Everyone Jets showed wasn't allowed to take pictures. So it was relayed information of what they saw. What I wrote was all my guy was willing to part with.

----

this should put to bed the speculation that hughes' report was in any way influenced by the fake leak from back in january. hughes' source saw the uniform. of course, his report is also subject to the source's interpretation from memory of what he saw.

sig2024.png

46 minutes ago, Brian E said:

connor hughes, who was the one who provided the nugget about 'oregon numbers' was asked by a reader for a little more on his uniform report. here's the exchange:

---

Bill G., Mar 16, 8:37pm

Great stuff as always Hughes, and cheers for the book recommendation, gonna check that out.

Meant to ask you yesterday, with respect to the jersey leaks....any insight in to what the logo may look like? If we'll have green helmets? Is there black trim in the main jerseys?

When they mentioned the Oregon Numbers, do you think they meant font or specifically that they'll be the oversized numbers of the 18' jerseys?

Any other morsel of info about these jerseys/logo/helmet for us? Haha.

Connor Hughes, STAFF, Mar 19, 4:35pm

@Bill G. Thanks!

Everyone Jets showed wasn't allowed to take pictures. So it was relayed information of what they saw. What I wrote was all my guy was willing to part with.

----

this should put to bed the speculation that hughes' report was in any way influenced by the fake leak from back in january. hughes' source saw the uniform. of course, his report is also subject to the source's interpretation from memory of what he saw.

So basically we're going off of Connor Hughes's (who admittedly isn't a big uniform guy) interpretation of the spoken account of a secret source within the organization? Wonderful.

2 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

This isn't unique to the Jets.

We only saw the Browns leak once they hit retail. Same with the Titans.

The exception is the Jaguars, where we got that weird (and ultimately proven to be preliminary?) graphic and then the billboards at the airport. 

They should ship the jerseys in boxes with those dye packs that are used to foil bank robbers. That’ll take care of the store leakers real quick.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

So basically we're going off of Connor Hughes's (who admittedly isn't a big uniform guy) interpretation of the spoken account of a secret source within the organization? Wonderful.

we're not "going off" anything. these nuggets that are relevant to the discussion. no one is taking it as gospel, but it's worth taking note of. unless, i dunno, we want to get into another 12 page debate about the browns in the jets thread?

sig2024.png

Anyone else worried the Jets are gonna remove the white shoulder yolk on the green jersey and simply put white stripes, which will make them look just like the Colts but in green? That is pretty much what their Color Rush is like.

I think the inverted shoulder colors on both their white and green jerseys gives them a unique look that I hope they stick with in some way with these new sets. It especially helps when they wear the same color jersey and pants, as it evens out the overall color distribution.

Main point = the jerseys shouldn't be too plain or heavy on one color.

They need to work in some accents in the opposite color, maybe like this:

GGNUniformDesignC.png

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Anyone else worried the Jets are gonna remove the white shoulder yolk on the green jersey and simply put white stripes, which will make them look just like the Colts but in green? That is pretty much what their Color Rush is like.

I think the inverted shoulder colors on both their white and green jerseys gives them a unique look that I hope they stick with in some way with these new sets. It especially helps when they wear the same color jersey and pants, as it evens out the overall color distribution.

GGNUniformDesignC.png

Man, that is a SHARP design.

6 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

GGNUniformDesignC.png

Or something like this:

These last 2 concepts posted is how I hope this goes. It’s a modern look, it’s updated, new, unique, and not gimmicky. I love both of them! Shame we will probably end up getting let down eventually, when we have creators that can make these beauties

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived