The Best Grey/Silver Uniforms

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/12/2019 at 12:07 PM, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

Vegas takes it because I don't think any other team has ever made grey work this well for a primary uniform set.

I understand the frustration that they were handed a Cup contending team right off the bat. But I gotta put that aside, when ranking their awesome uniforms. 🙂

Arena Football's Grand Rapids Rampage wore silver jerseys on the road when Russell took over the league in 2007.

7PjSj6k.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There is no grey jersey that you could say looks better than a white or colored one. Only exception I can think of is the Vegas golden nights, but they are so new we haven’t seen any other option other than the whites which I believe look better.

The Lions color rush would look so much better if the grey was actually their lighter, official shade. The "inverted legends" jersey proves this to me. Same with my earlier note about the Eagles.

I'm not sure if we can count any Oregon uniforms since they basically invented the anthracite look.  The Ducks have had a bunch of great gray-white combos with just the right pop of color.

As far as the rest of NCAAF goes, Buffs win.  Their gold/silver combos have always worked well with black, white and gray.  The only time Colorado has looked goofy has been because of the template or the style of the jersey.  Their color scheme is pretty much foolproof and you can blend just about any of their lids/jersey/pants combos together.

Also, I'm barfing in my mouth a little saying nice things about the Buffs. 

gettyimages-1033915290__1537059183.jpg?i

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Look at this, 50 shades of grey!!! Where is the upscale ladies at? Grey, grey, grey! Sometimes, grey works well with certain colors. Sometimes it looks horrible as an alt. Not all the time, but yuck!!!

New England Patriots = their silver unis suck!

MLB = Works well on some, not on others. Yankees make the grey work, so do the Rangers, Phillies, Red Sox, White Sox, Cubs, Braves, Twins, Mariners (1993 colors), and Blue Jays. Other teams do not need grey at all!

Detroit Lions = the dark grey would of worked if Nike knew how to make a freaking color palette WORK! Detroit needs to ditch that dark grey and just go 1956 style before adding white into the uniform and helmets!

As far as I concern, grey uniforms only work on certain team colors. All others do not need it as it makes the unis ugly!

Hey look! A gray alt from a Pac-12 North team that actually has gray as a school color.

spacer.png

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived