2019 MLB Postseason thread

TrueYankee26

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The 1981 playoffs were a sham because the team with the best record in baseball didn't make the playoffs. 

Yep. The Reds had the overall best record if you combine both halves.

37 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

The 1981 playoffs were a sham because the team with the best record in baseball didn't make the playoffs. 

And the Expos repaid the devil with the best record in '94.

VmWIn6B.png

5 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

The Sharks of baseball. 

Pshhh, this implies the Sharks have some kind of glory day and past Championship moments. I think Canucks of baseball would be more apt. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Just now, Alex Houston said:

Pshhh, this implies the Sharks have some kind of glory day and past Championship moments. I think Canucks of baseball would be more apt. 

Capitals would be more appropriate, given the focus around one player who can't get it done in the playoffs (Kershaw, Ovechkin). If we're combining it with past success, '80s/'90s Flyers would also work.

47 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Capitals would be more appropriate, given the focus around one player who can't get it done in the playoffs (Kershaw, Ovechkin).

Pre-2018, sure. But now they couldn’t be further from the same. The Caps actually won the big one and Ovechkin played like an MVP while doing it. The Dodgers/Kershaw have done neither. 

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

The Los Angeles Dodgers; living proof that spending roughly the GDP of a second-world country can't buy you good bullpen help.

3rd world, 2nd world just means they back Russia/communist. 1st world are NATO countries, 3rd world is everything else. They are just names created by the west to view ourself as superior during the Cold War.

8 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Can we just call the ALCS the World Series?

I'm sorry, I just have 0 Faith in Nats or Cards beating either of those teams. 

I'm not going to make that call. The Astros needed 5 games to beat the Rays, the Nats just beat the Dodgers who won 106 games and the Yankees' record was inflated thanks to the 17/19 they got out of the Orioles. Better teams than the Yankees have lost to worse teams than the Nationals. Also the Cardinals are the Cardinals and lucky :censored: just happens to them. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

12 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Can we just call the ALCS the World Series?

I'm sorry, I just have 0 Faith in Nats or Cards beating either of those teams. 

Except this is baseball and literally anything can happen. But really, I see the Yankees as immensely beatable, the Twins series aside. I think the best bet for the Astros to lose was in a smaller sample of games like the ALCS. It's hard to imagine another team matching up well enough to beat them in a seven game series.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Good start. If you're getting a performance like that from Anibel Sanchez then you pretty much just need Scherzer and Strasburg to hold serve and you're going to the World Series and the Cardinals will go away like everybody wants. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I’m rooting for the Nats. A lot of O’s fans hate the Nats cause they came in on “our” market and made a whole stink with MASN (which I honestly have neither the interest or patience to understand that mess), but I mean come on, do you seriously expect the MLB, a sport that bills itself as the “national pastime”, to not want a team in the nation’s capital? D.C. should have a baseball team. 

And after all I have a soft spot for D.C. teams that could never get it done in the playoffs who are able to get over the hump. Plus beating the NL Yankees is always a positive. 

spacer.png

I think the Nats have a chance to replicate what the Capitals did in 2018. They both vanquished an old foe (Penguins, Game 5) and got to their conference championship series.

It was both uncharted waters for them, but I think this is the year the stars finally align and the Nationals get to the World Series.

October baseball will happen in the Nation's Capital for the first time since the Coolidge Administration

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived