2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

(totally agree that Vegas chrome buckets should be metallic - I actually think that would be cool with home, RR, and road) You know the other issue with Vegas?  

2018_10_30_GG_OctBlog_VGK_Hockey_Season_

gettyimages-1267071337-594x594-1.jpg

Those two tone gloves are just awful.  I know many teams do that, but the "gold" khaki just looks awful next to the black and white on the palms.  Their look would be so much better with a solid color for the gloves

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

(totally agree that Vegas chrome buckets should be metallic - I actually think that would be cool with home, RR, and road) You know the other issue with Vegas?  

2018_10_30_GG_OctBlog_VGK_Hockey_Season_

gettyimages-1267071337-594x594-1.jpg

Those two tone gloves are just awful.  I know many teams do that, but the "gold" khaki just looks awful next to the black and white on the palms.  Their look would be so much better with a solid color for the gloves

The gloves are the best part of their identity.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Agreed. They can really pull off the white gloves. Never thought I'd see that in the NHL, other than at the ASG. Which is why I was so underwhelmed when Seattle unveiled their uniform. Solid navy gear doesn't look bad by any means but it still feels like a missed opportunity to me

15 hours ago, dannykraft said:

I'm trying to think, besides LA stadium series has there been a helmet worn before that doesn't match the jersey or pants?

actually I guess Vegas did it the game before with grey helmet, red jersey, black pants so any team besides vegas?

Boston started out wearing their Pooh bear alternates with white helmets before quickly realizing that was a big mistake and switched to wearing them with the black helmets.

spacer.png

In 2003-04, 7 teams wore vintage jerseys.  Some teams went all out making sure everything was correct from helmet to the pants like the Canucks.  Then, there were the Kings, who, at least, made sure to have matching socks.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Same old illegible numbers problem, though

The numbers aren't ideal but still not that bad... As much as I usually like throwbacks, the original set Ottawa went with aren't that good especially the modified white jersey that looks really cheap without the black cuffs.

30361959637_6e73a30c2b_o-1024x683.jpg

49471035341_fe5edcd92d_o-1024x746.jpg

2019_12_28.jpg

Here's how the Ottawa 67s do it.

DSC2470_preview.jpeg-1024x593.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

7 hours ago, jp1409 said:

The numbers aren't ideal but still not that bad... As much as I usually like throwbacks, the original set Ottawa went with aren't that good especially the modified white jersey that looks really cheap without the black cuffs.

The numbers would be much easier to read if they were the same color as the jersey. The white numbers on the red set look especially hard to read from a distance

2 hours ago, nash61 said:

Here's how the Ottawa 67s do it.

DSC2470_preview.jpeg-1024x593.jpg

Slightly better because the white numbers are mostly on black or red stripes

18 hours ago, dont care said:

huh...I guess I'm in the minority here.  I was curious what their gloves would look like without the contrasting cuffs and fingers:

Vw9jfgb.png

IMO a solid-colored glove (be it gold, white, or black) would be an improvement.

1 hour ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Men those Coyotes jerseys are horrible. But the Panthers look amazing on the ice however

The Panthers' sweaters looked nice and the team did an appropriate homage to the era they represent as well, by getting absolutely blown out tonight.

(The Coyotes original alternate that the retros are based on look better, but I'm not really going to complain. I'm Team Kachina and everything that comes with it. The Coyotes came into existence in the '90s and they should look like it. Desert landscape, native imagery, the purple moon at center ice...bring back everything except the horrifically obstructed arena seating.)

spacer.png

Archived