Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

This change was amazing for the Browns. But some things bother me: the brown pants don’t have any white, the color rush jersey has no stripes and the number font (I wished they would’ve just gone with a straight up block font). Overall a 9.5/10 though. 
Also, people on twitter are reacting like these uniforms aren’t new and that blows my mind they don’t see a difference. But then I realized that for the past year or two years the Browns wore their color rush almost exclusively. Just an observation I had. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

The brown pants follow the stripes of the white jersey and white socks.

Yes. Both the white and brown pants do this. I'm saying they should have the brown pants match the stripes on the brown jersey instead so that the white matches white and brown matches brown. No qualms with anyone preferring this look, just my nitpicky opinion.

Also, there should be way more delight regarding socks. I didn't realize Nike was capable of fixing them.

5 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

The pants stripes are consistent with each other, but I think it's inconsistent in context with the jerseys. 

The classic stripes on the white pants are orange, brown, orange. This matches the middle three stripes on the white jersey. To be consistent, the pants stripes on brown should be orange white orange, just like the middle of the stripes on the brown jersey. By going with just orange stripes on the brown pants, it makes it feel like it should only be orange stripes on the white pants.

But maybe that's overthinking it. The real issue is that every element of the primary set includes all three colors (brown, orange, white) except for those brown pants, so it's a miss IMO.

It doesn't HAVE to be that way. I think the fact the double orange bars run through a brown background on all three pieces makes the road uniform look even better than it would if the brown pants were made to have white in the stripe. 

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I know me and three other guys actually liked these pants, so I'm sad to see them go:

odell-beckham-browns.jpg

But that said, in hindsight, LOL:

996333-browns-cleveland-devoile-leurs-no

I didn't realize there was 1 person, let alone, 3 people who liked these pants. 

So I posted a pic of the new uniforms on Facebook and one of my friends said "Seriously, what's the difference?" The dude honestly couldn't tell the difference between the new uniforms and this. Civilians. :rolleyes:

Browns-uniforms-sharp-04-14-15.jpg 

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, Ovie832 said:

I'm puzzled with why they got rid of the previous color rush. It was so popular and fit the Browns brand well. But overall... great uniforms.  

Now I'm sad to see the old jets unis in this pic. :(

spacer.png

Removing the stripes will likely make people more inclined to buy them than if they simply kept the old CR but with the updated number font. Sad reality, but that’s almost surely why they stripped it down a bit to make a more noticeable difference.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

So I posted a pic of the new uniforms on Facebook and one of my friends said "Seriously, what's the difference?" The dude honestly couldn't tell the difference between the new uniforms and this. Civilians. :rolleyes:

A co-worker asked me the same question, how is there not a distinct difference...?!

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

Yeah most comments and posts from friends are "What's the difference?!" or posting the Spiderman meme....

"They just switched back to the old one!" yeah...that's the point. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, NH4 said:

Also, people on twitter are reacting like these uniforms aren’t new and that blows my mind they don’t see a difference. But then I realized that for the past year or two years the Browns wore their color rush almost exclusively. Just an observation I had. 

That's also Twitter for you. Some of the most non-observant, knee-jerk reactionary people you'll ever encounter. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Nice overall.

I cannot believe they kept the brown facemask.  And I LOVE it! (Damn, you Colts!)

The only issue I have is the brown pants. It's silly to have two, but even if they do, the version with the orange stripes should be with the color rush and the brown pants with the white jersey should have a white stripe to better match he white pants. 

But hard to complain given the nonsense they just ditched.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

13 minutes ago, Newport said:

then you need to look at the pants stripes again.

IMO

White pants should be brown/orange/brown.

Brown pants should be orange/ white/ orange. 

This has been brought up as “the correct” solution a few times, but I think orange/brown/orange is just as correct and consistent. Orange/brown/orange matches the stripe layout within the sleeve stripes (brown/orange/brown/orange/brown), so it fits just as fine. Maybe the brown pants could use some white, but where they are worn with the white jersey and (presumably/hopefully) not the brown one, they matched the pant stripes to the same stripe layout on the white jersey’s sleeves.

You’re entitled to your opinion of course, but I don’t see the stripes being such an egregious mistake. I see the logic behind those layouts perfectly.

The Browns look like the Browns again, and that’s all I ever hoped for. The color rush is a bummer, but everything else about this set is so refreshing. Well done, Cleveland!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived