Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

Just now, infrared41 said:

Love the all white and the brown over white. I could do without the brown pants and the CR is pure garbage, but other than that, my team looks like an NFL team again! Welcome back, Cleveland Browns.

Although I'm a Steelers fan.....I'm glad the classics are back...looking forward to matchups against them in those 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they did what had to be done. I honestly cannot believe they got the socks right. There is hope after all. I only have some very minor gripes: I’m not crazy about the brown pants as the primary road options If they are only going to have two pants, I’d prefer orange to be the second option, but whatever.
Color Rush-needs stripes😬

And lastly, which is my most major minor gripe. They should be wearing Black shoes. White is fine but black is just classic old school football. I think it would really complete the look.

Im just relieved the Browns look like themselves again.

Great job on these.  I don't love the number font, but it could be a lot worse. It was a nice way to modernize these slightly and not just revert back entirely to the previous set.  They're going to look stunning on the field in any of these combinations.

I like the Color Rush, too, though it's odd they didn't keep the previous CR jersey since 1) it was so popular and 2) they kept the pant.  I like the Detroit Lions throwbacks and these remind me of them.

I don't get the appeal of an Orange jersey or pant, so I'm thrilled.  Overall, they look spectacular, and as is being written, they look "like they should".  

Well done.  Between the Browns, Bucs, and Colts, we've got 3 great improvements this year.  The Falcons isn't great, but it's an upgrade, so I'll still say they're 4/4 on improvements.  Can't wait to see these on the field!

I can imagine Nike designers being so sad during this (and the Tampa Bay) process.

"Can we add some cool diagonal stripes on the legs?"

"No"

"Can we make the helmets day-glo?"

"No."

"Can we at least add some weird cuts into the numbers that most people won't notice?"

"If we say yes, will you shut up and just do the obvious thing?"

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, Volt said:

Well done.  Between the Browns, Bucs, and Colts, we've got 3 great improvements this year.  The Falcons isn't great, but it's an upgrade, so I'll still say they're 4/4 on improvements.  Can't wait to see these on the field!

Nike 2020 NFL football has been a clear exercise in restraint and pulling back some of their worst excesses since they took over the NFL contract. It'd be interesting to see what would happen if they took on the Seahawks and Titans now rather than when they did (though I think Seattle's look is top notch and the Titans' colorset has never set them up for successful uniforms).

It'll be wild if the LA Rams end up with neon numbers and wings on their shoes.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The pants stripes are consistent with each other, but I think it's inconsistent in context with the jerseys. 

The classic stripes on the white pants are orange, brown, orange. This matches the middle three stripes on the white jersey. To be consistent, the pants stripes on brown should be orange white orange, just like the middle of the stripes on the brown jersey. By going with just orange stripes on the brown pants, it makes it feel like it should only be orange stripes on the white pants.

But maybe that's overthinking it. The real issue is that every element of the primary set includes all three colors (brown, orange, white) except for those brown pants, so it's a miss IMO.

Besides the color rush being bad, I really cannot complain at all about these new uniforms. If I wanted to reeeeally be nitpicky I could say I prefer a white Nike swoosh on the brown jersey, but if that is the worst thing about these jerseys I will take it 10 times out of 10. Nice work, Browns!

T1oYViW.png

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Nike 2020 NFL football has been a clear exercise in restraint and pulling back some of their worst excesses since they took over the NFL contract. It'd be interesting to see what would happen if they took on the Seahawks and Titans now rather than when they did (though I think Seattle's look is top notch and the Titans' colorset has never set them up for successful uniforms).

It'll be wild if the LA Rams end up with neon numbers and wings on their shoes.

I’m convinced the Rams will have gradient numbers and that it will look horrible. I fully expect them to look like a D3 college football team 

These look beautiful. The standard brown/white and white/brown with the sock stripes will look fantastic. I also really like the all white look with the brighter orange making it less dull than the pre-2014 set. Those all brown uniforms, though? Yikes.

I also really love the new number font; it's a subtle change to the standard block but I think it looks great.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

The pants stripes are consistent with each other, but I think it's inconsistent in context with the jerseys. 

The classic stripes on the white pants are orange, brown, orange. This matches the middle three stripes on the white jersey. To be consistent, the pants stripes on brown should be orange white orange, just like the middle of the stripes on the brown jersey. By going with just orange stripes on the brown pants, it makes it feel like it should only be orange stripes on the white pants.

But maybe that's overthinking it. The real issue is that every element of the primary set includes all three colors (brown, orange, white) except for those brown pants, so it's a miss IMO.

The brown pants follow the stripes of the white jersey and white socks.

IbjBaeE.png

2 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

When they inevitably wear the regular brown pants with the home brown jersey, the striping won’t match and it’s gonna bother me.

If they wear brown pants with the home brown jerseys they’ll be the alternate solid brown pants not the regular ones with the O/B/O striping. But hopefully they never do that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, -Akronite- said:

I thought the same thing.  If you just look at the pants, they make sense.  But if you look at the uniform as a whole, it doesnt make sense.

The helmet is a white stripe, flanked by 2 brown stripes, and fields of orange.  The white pants are a brown stripe, flanked by 2 orange stripes, and fields of white.  So the browns pants SHOULD have something between the orange stripes... i.e. white.

17 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

...Plenty of consistency with the stripes. Especially on the away.

then you need to look at the pants stripes again.

IMO

White pants should be brown/orange/brown.

Brown pants should be orange/ white/ orange. 

With the exception of the Color Rush set, the Browns nailed it. The uniforms are back to normal. The number fonts, to me, are a welcoming change of pace, distinguishing it from the normal block font used in the past. Plus, the current shade of orange fits well into the traditional design.

For the Color Rush set, I really don't get why there is no striping across all parts of the uniform (aside from the helmet, of course). Since the previous CR set is popular with the fans, why not carry it over to the uniform redesign, change the number font, and call it day? I guess the guys who designed the CR uniform probably do not believe in the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Props to the guys who came up with the stripes on the brown pants. I'm hoping that this will be paired with the CR tops to add more flavor to what is essentially a practice uniform. Stripeless jerseys might work with the Giants and the Raiders, but not with the Browns.

With all that being said, it's a good overall upgrade.

I know me and three other guys actually liked these pants, so I'm sad to see them go:

odell-beckham-browns.jpg

But that said, in hindsight, LOL:

996333-browns-cleveland-devoile-leurs-no

I have never been a big fan of white stripes on the jersey or socks. I would like to see them go with something like this on the home set to match the striping on the away. They also should've stuck to last years color rush. Other than those gripes I think the set looks great.

browns-mod-png.3253

Archived