Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

9 minutes ago, Frylock said:

Looking at this reference image just reinforces the whole “inconsistency” vibe. And YES, I get that in 1946 there was more of a likelihood of inconsistent quirks. But the opposite direction of the shadow is just as significant as the stripes on the new pants. And frankly, I think the new pants are fine as part of the overall refresh.

I meant only for the color rush edition, if they didn't want TV numbers. I prefer the new home and aways over the 1946 looks. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so.... I like the font change, I like the fact they look like the Browns, I like the striped Brown Pants .... but NO ORANGE PANTS is a bummer, the Color Rush should be burned and never see the field..... and I think that covers it. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

45 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So you don't think that the drastic difference between the curves on the top and bottom of the numbers vs the straight lines in the middle is a little annoying?  It's like it's a totally different font on the top and bottom third vs the middle third.

If you’re asking me whether I love their branding typeface, the answer is not particularly and if I did it, I would go with numbers and a wordmark that have angled corners all around. However, I try my best to separate my personal preferences from the project brief and bring an open mind to the interpretive part of design, so while it’s not exactly where I would take those pieces, it’s well-done for the most part, it’s relatively inoffensive, and it makes sense in the context of the project brief being “a contemporary take on the classic look.”

What I’m trying to say is this is the way to do “respect the past but represent the future” properly; pick a few small details to push the uniform forward without completely changing the character of it.

EDIT / Clarified some wording.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

9 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I'm not sure if it has been mention, so please excuse me if it has... Has the helmet changed? Is the carbon fiber nonsense gone in the stripes?

Yes, looks like they replaced the carbon fiber with a glossy stripes.

hkc5amypwpdbmyehs2i3.jpg

10 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

And don't freak out over the lack of orange pants. I bet we will see them in the next few years

Guess they asked one of the owners about it on the radio just now and he said "stay tuned." Not sure why they would leave it out of the reveal. Seems like that would cause unnecessary backlash.

I'm still going to be angry about this until I see them with my own eyes.

10 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I'm not sure if it has been mention, so please excuse me if it has... Has the helmet changed? Is the carbon fiber nonsense gone in the stripes?

Can't say for sure, but after seeing at these pics, it looks like the carbon fiber just might be gone. 

BB52Big.jpg

YES:  

• Return to a pretty classic look.
  • New Numbers (I like them)
  • Sock Stripes
  • White pants 

NO:

• Brown pants (White and orange are ideal)
  • Retaining the brighter orange, I much prefer the Sipe-era more muted palette
  • ColorRush.  I hate it on pretty much everyone

Overall a vast improvement.  The Browns are the Browns again, and not Bowling Green State U. on Nike steroids. 

Nike is 3 of 4 so far in my mind (Good: Bucs, Browns, Colts, Bad: Falcons)   Fingers crossed for Rams, Chargers and Patsies. 

Just now, sisdog said:

The all Brown is complete trash, so why not go all in and remove the stripes from the helmet to compete the look.

The perfect uniform if you want your uniform to look like someone "passed" an orange golf ball. B)

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, sisdog said:

The all Brown is complete trash, so why not go all in and remove the stripes from the helmet to compete the look.

I agree, and i know you are joking about removing the helmet stripes, but a few years back during training camp the Browns played/practice with stripeless helmets and they looked really good (dull and too much like the old 1970's Bengals, but pretty pretty good.)

Archived