Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CherryMX said:

The Browns look like a dignified football team again.  Way to waste 5 years of our lives, Nike.

I’m starting a rumor that the only reason they sucked last year is because they didn’t want those uniforms to be associated with any amount of success. 7 wins max. or people will start to get attached... 😂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, canzman said:

Lost in the uniform announcement... this is now listed as official secondary logo.
niFHoYP.png

Helmet is still the primary but this is the secondary.

This feels too 'on the nose' for me. There was so much wrong with their last set that we stopped debating the issues surrounding their "logos." Now that they are fixed (only need orange pants), we can get back to it! The helmet remaining logo-less is great but they still need a logo. The helmet doesn't count for me. 

If they are going to go this flag(?) route, I think it should be rotated to read like the helmet stripe.

Rh4dIcn.png

If they are going to go horizontal, they could utilize the negative space between 'Cleveland' and 'Browns' to show the striping pattern. I would've rather them done something like this than whatever that secondary icon is. 

00w9asO.png

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

7 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

This feels too 'on the nose' for me. There was so much wrong with their last set that we stopped debating the issues surrounding their "logos." Now that they are fixed (only need orange pants), we can get back to it! The helmet remaining logo-less is great but they still need a logo. The helmet doesn't count for me. 

If they are going to go this flag(?) route, I think it should be rotated to read like the helmet stripe.

Rh4dIcn.png

If they are going to go horizontal, they could utilize the negative space between 'Cleveland' and 'Browns' to show the striping pattern. I would've rather them done something like this than whatever that secondary icon is. 

00w9asO.png

I really like using the negative space there. Good job. 

spacer.png

made a visual aid for the "the stripes aren't consistent crowd". Everything works with the white jersey. On the brown jersey we have matching stripes on the sleeves and socks, which (used to be) a fairly common practice. The pants stripe is the classic O-B-O, which while not being a perfect inverse of the helmet (which we've seen and determined it did not work), is visually more pleasing than B-O-B, better balances the orange helmet, and gives it the old school quirk hearkening back to a time when, no, not every piece of the uniform sung in perfect harmony, but it's an old school uniform - it's supposed to have those imperfect quirks. 

I included the brown striped pants with the brown jersey to show why those pants can never be worn with that jersey (they will be).  

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 4/13/2020 at 7:10 PM, VikWings said:

If these are it:

1. YAY! they look like the Browns again.

2. BOO! no orange pants?

3. swap the socks  DONE

4. That color rush is atrocious and the amount of "turd" jokes is going to be endless. Would rather see an orange jersey.

I'll repeat what I said when they leaked.

So happy to see striped socks. Bummed about no orange pants (I think they'll add these in the future still). And the CR still sucks.

40 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I’m starting a rumor that the only reason they sucked last year is because they didn’t want those uniforms to be associated with any amount of success. 7 wins max. or people will start to get attached... 😂

That makes as much sense as anything else when trying to explain this team. 

BB52Big.jpg

36 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

00w9asO.png

Genius. That's so simple yet so effective.

15 minutes ago, Sport said:

spacer.png

made a visual aid for the "the stripes aren't consistent crowd". Everything works with the white jersey. On the brown jersey we have matching stripes on the sleeves and socks, which (used to be) a fairly common practice. The pants stripe is the classic O-B-O, which while not being a perfect inverse of the helmet (which we've seen and determined it did not work), is visually more pleasing than B-O-B, better balances the orange helmet, and gives it the old school quirk when, no, not every piece of the uniform sung in perfect harmony, but it's an old school uniform - it's supposed to have those imperfect quirks. 

I included the brown striped pants with the brown jersey to show why those pants can never be worn with that jersey (they will be).  

Thank you for this aid! You make a great point that the brown pants shouldn't go with the brown jersey (true regardless of stripes IMO). While I don't think the brown pants are awful and I totally get why some may prefer this, I would rather they:

A) Ditch em for the orange pants

2) Put a white stripe in the middle so that the pants pattern corresponds to their respective colored jerseys instead of just making it consistent with the white jersey

The brown pants are the only element that don't have brown, orange, AND white, so it's not quite right IMO, but the white pants will be better for both sets anyway.

4 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Pretty much (un)confirmed that Orange Pants are coming. Maybe an Orange jersey?

EDIT: Apparently, JW Johnson has said "stay tuned" for Orange Pants.

I'd expect orange jerseys too unless the NFL limits them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I can imagine Nike designers being so sad during this (and the Tampa Bay) process.

"Can we add some cool diagonal stripes on the legs?"

"No"

"Can we make the helmets day-glo?"

"No."

"Can we at least add some weird cuts into the numbers that most people won't notice?"

"If we say yes, will you shut up and just do the obvious thing?"

I'm imagining Nike designers in tears as they pieced Tampa and Cleveland's looks together 😛

Archived