Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

Hey, I put them in the top half! I like them.

Top half could mean #15. That's not the same as "hands down the best uniform in the NFL." Clearly, you're handling your weed a little better than others are. 😎

BB52Big.jpg

3 hours ago, Sport said:

05-Wk2-Browns-Packers-062.jpgcleveland-browns-wide-receiver-dennis-no

they tried BOB pants stripe and 100/100 people agreed that it looked worse. Not one person preferred it to OBO and we all agreed to stop suggesting it. 

I'm kidding, but it makes the helmet stick out too much. Sometimes the mathematically right call isn't the right call. 

I do like that it looks like they've skinnied up the pants stripe compared to the last time they wore it

152917089.jpg.0.jpg

I could also be wrong about that. 

The first two pictures look infinitely better than the last..

41 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Where are you buying your weed and just how strong is that :censored:? Asking for a friend...

I don’t. I don’t get what’s wrong with their unis. Basically every combo works and fits really well. You don’t need to insult me for having a different opinion 

8 hours ago, canzman said:

Lost in the uniform announcement... this is now listed as official secondary logo.
niFHoYP.png

Helmet is still the primary but this is the secondary.

oh hell yes! i didnt see this before. love the idea of fully embracing the stripe. hope to see this used on scorebugs and tv graphics everywhere

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I wouldn’t call it a mistake, though I agree it looks a little odd with the white jersey and socks, which is why I’m guessing they’ll use the brown pants as the primary option for the white uniform. Brown on the outside sounds like it makes more sense, but it doesn’t look right because the bottom half of the uniform needs the extra orange to balance the helmet. I could see a brown/orange/brown stripe working if they further modernized the look and went with orange socks, but there isn’t an easy solution there.

I disagree wholeheartedly.. brown on the outside sounds like it makes more sense, and it also looks like it makes more sense, because it does make more sense.. they don't need to "balance the helmet" with an extra orange stripe on the pants, when they can mirror the helmet stripe by having similar striping and balance it that way.. the solution is super easy.. go B/O/B  with the pants striping.. it looks better and makes more sense.

BOB stripes on the pants make 100% more sense considering the striping on the sleeves are either BOBOB, or WOWOW, there's never a striping pattern where orange is on the outside on the socks or sleeves, why should their be on the pants? 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

12 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

I don’t. I don’t get what’s wrong with their unis. Basically every combo works and fits really well. You don’t need to insult me for having a different opinion 

It wasn’t an insult, it was a joke, chief. Sorry you took it in a way other than the one I intended. 

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The hard part going forward is the number of people I suspect will be putting these new Browns and Buccaneers uniform into Nike's "win" column.

The worst part is is that these are the two best "rebrands" under nike and they're just copies of the teams previous designs.

1 hour ago, Reyes47 said:

The titans aren’t half bad

This is a true statement. They're entirely bad.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

More on the team wordmark on the chest - the Browns are now the 10th team to not have a name written on the front of the jersey.

Oakland, Indianapolis, Detroit, Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans, Carolina, Pittsburgh, and Jacksonville are the others.

Note - The Steelers (since 1997) and Jags do have their team logo on the right front shoulder.

10 hours ago, BucksFan5 said:

Saw this mockup from WreckThisLeague on twitter. Now I'm really missing the orange... it looks good here.

spacer.png

This is what they should’ve shown today. Home and away. I really thought that would be a lock. Oh well.

13 hours ago, canzman said:

Lost in the uniform announcement... this is now listed as official secondary logo.
niFHoYP.png

Helmet is still the primary but this is the secondary.

I don’t get their need to have the helmet as the logo. This should be the new primary, not a secondary. Like with the exclusion of the orange pants they were this close to being perfect. Sigh.

I don’t know if someone stated this earlier, but I think the browns should have kept their previous color rush uniforms instead of the stripe less monoturd ones. The old color rush looked fine especially when paired with orange socks. And I think the browns confirmed that they still have one more jersey to unveil, so hope for orange pants still exists, and an orange jersey.

12 hours ago, j'villejags said:

If they are going to go horizontal, they could utilize the negative space between 'Cleveland' and 'Browns' to show the striping pattern. I would've rather them done something like this than whatever that secondary icon is. 

00w9asO.png

The only thing with this is the illusion and all kind of falls apart if not on a white background. On a dark background of a photo background, etc you lose that the negative space should fill in for white.

I really wish the Browns would have put the TV numbers on the sleeves of their alt/Color Rush uniform. If you’re not gonna have stripes there, it needs numbers. I think it adds to the classic football feel. Same goes for the Giants home jerseys too.

7 hours ago, WavePunter said:

The first two pictures look infinitely better than the last..

...if you were to start the Browns and design their uniforms for the very first time, but these things don't exist in that vacuum. And I don't even agree that it looks better. There's just not enough orange on the uniform if you stripe the pants that way and OBO just looks more like the Browns. It's one of those uniform quirks that works because it's an old timey uniform when uniforms weren't designed with precision or even all at the same time. It's why the Giants uniforms work despite all their disparate and non matching pieces. 

and every time they've tried BOB stripes, including the last uniform set 

20181028_Steelers_Browns_0024_SB.jpeg

they always went back to the correct Browns striping because that's how you achieve that vintage look. 

Sometimes the mathematically correct way isn't the correct way.

also, "infinitely" is an exaggeration. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 hours ago, Sport said:

spacer.png

made a visual aid for the "the stripes aren't consistent crowd". Everything works with the white jersey. On the brown jersey we have matching stripes on the sleeves and socks, which (used to be) a fairly common practice. The pants stripe is the classic O-B-O, which while not being a perfect inverse of the helmet (which we've seen and determined it did not work), is visually more pleasing than B-O-B, better balances the orange helmet, and gives it the old school quirk hearkening back to a time when, no, not every piece of the uniform sung in perfect harmony, but it's an old school uniform - it's supposed to have those imperfect quirks. 

I included the brown striped pants with the brown jersey to show why those pants can never be worn with that jersey (they will be).  

This is a good aid.  But do it with white between the orange stripes on the brown pants.

Now on each combination, 3 of the 4 congruent between the sets.  I still vote white would have been the right move. 

7 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

oh hell yes! i didnt see this before. love the idea of fully embracing the stripe. hope to see this used on scorebugs and tv graphics everywhere

What is the design reasoning for this being horizontal?  Shouldn't it be vertical to mimic the helmet?  I believe the official Twitter hashtag has the stripe vertical.

Archived