Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

I wonder if this is their "surprise in the closet" Would love to see a real throwback with standard block font and gray face masks. 

EVqlFeiXQAAJ8-o?format=jpg&name=large

Different shade of Orange, and has the old Wordmark on the Bumper. It's just an older 2006-2014 Helmet, nothing new.

da0Lbhs.png

7 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

The Browns look like a dignified football team again.  Way to waste 5 years of our lives, Nike.

While 2 horrible uniform messes have now been fixed, we already have 1 replacement mess (Falcons), and I have a terrible suspicion we are going to see a second new mess with the Rams.

Kinda looks like an orange-coated Oreo. Obviously the stripes have meaning, but we've seen them use vertical stripes in the past for a logo. Guessing this is just for banners and walls and the like. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

30 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

While 2 horrible uniform messes have now been fixed, we already have 1 replacement mess (Falcons), and I have a terrible suspicion we are going to see a second new mess with the Rams.

I understand the various issues people have with the Falcons new uniforms, but even as a Bucs apologist there's way more to hate in the previous Tampa and Cleveland sets. Nike still has a lot left to prove in the NFL but at least they seem to be improving.

Like the Bucs, this is about as perfect of a return to a classic set as they can get, with some nice modern touches.

The home and away sets are perfect, although I would’ve maybe liked some white in the pants stripe, what they went with works great too. Like others have said, there are many different ways you can match striping elements.

I love that they kept the brown facemask, and the rounded numbers to match the wordmark are a great touch. The sock stripes and the removal of the carbon fiber in the helmet are also fantastic details.

I don’t even hate the Color Rush, as it does a nice job of highlighting the helmet, which is by far the most iconic part of the Browns brand, by stripping away the other elements of the uniform.

Orange pants (at least as an option) and maybe even a jersey would be nice, but beyond that I can’t complain.

I didn’t really hate the outgoing set as much as others did (beyond the pants), but wow does this really show how much of an upgrade the classic set is. This is pretty much a 10/10 redesign for me.

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

Anything the Patriots do to update their uniforms is almost a guaranteed upgrade. I do have high hopes for the Chargers (it feels funny to say that) but I have none of that same optimism for the Rams. 

That’s what they said about the Falcons and.....yeah. 

XM4KeeA.png

1 minute ago, Bobster said:

It's almost like matching two different silvers on the same uniform......

The Cowboys have only had about 50 years to try to "successfully fuse" all those colors. These things take time, I guess. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived