Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

For reasons I can't explain: soccer jerseys can be worn any day of the week, any scenario 

All others, it's kind of odd unless it's gameday. But only for football. Baseball and basketball if you're going, or if it's a playoff game. 

These are the rules

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

For reasons I can't explain: soccer jerseys can be worn any day of the week, any scenario 

All others, it's kind of odd unless it's gameday. But only for football. Baseball and basketball if you're going, or if it's a playoff game. 

These are the rules

Very true. I wish Football Jerseys were more acceptable to wear like soccer jerseys, but the fit of soccer jerseys is much more like a workout shirt.

Soccer jerseys don't have the weird fits of hockey jerseys, the giant numbers of football, the whole tank top thing of basketball or the who-decided-to-put-these-things-together of baseball. But at least at the club level they've leaned more into gigantic incongruous logos than other sports, for now.  Structurally, though, they're pretty everyday-normal. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

22 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

How do you feel about fans that still wear mlb replica's from 10+ years ago that uses single color generic block font for all jerseys?

I had a Pujols replica in the mid 2000s and that pissed me off to no end. Haven't bought an MLB replica since. That and the lack of front numbers (and sleeve patches), which they still refuse to put on replicas. I was never a big fan of the T-Shirt jerseys, but I buy those or Chinese knock offs now because the replicas are so bad and the authentics are waaay too expensive. It's a shame I have to resort to that because I love NFL and NBA swingman jerseys and would rather buy something like that than go the knockoff route. MLB just makes it impossible.

15 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Mitchell and Ness mesh MLB BP throwbacks are great in the summer. Very breathable.

For all the stick pullovers get, those were a better option for casual fan wear. (Of course that was also said about the sleeved NBA jerseys.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

These are the rules

Thanks for that declaration. 

It's wrong. But thanks just the same. 

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, Digby said:

For all the stick pullovers get, those were a better option for casual fan wear. (Of course that was also said about the sleeved NBA jerseys.)

I also liked the batting practice jersey's when they just had the button at the neck.

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES RYAN HOWARD Red #6 AUTHENTIC Batting ...

The jersey's what?  Its button?

I don't get why a team would say "we want to play with buttons, but for BP we don't need them" - if there was an advantage to one over the other, wouldn't they just use that one since the cost is probably the same?  Wouldn't you practice in what you're going to play in?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The jersey's what?  Its button?

I don't get why a team would say "we want to play with buttons, but for BP we don't need them" - if there was an advantage to one over the other, wouldn't they just use that one since the cost is probably the same?  Wouldn't you practice in what you're going to play in?

It's business casual, I guess. It is like wearing a polo on dress down Fridays in the office(anyone remember what an office is?).

14 minutes ago, JayMac said:

It's business casual, I guess. It is like wearing a polo on dress down Fridays in the office(anyone remember what an office is?).

That's kind of how I feel about alt jerseys, which begs the question, why would a sports team want to be "casual" if their opponent isn't?  Wouldn't you want to be professional and give your full effort all the time?  Casual Friday does imply that you "take it a little easy" on Fridays, regardless of the intent.

At least in my own experience, once we shifted from casual Friday to casual every day (which was still more professional than most people's "casual"), the effort went back to being the same every day (which was high), rather than the implicit slacking that would occur on Friday.

I remember wearing professional shirt and tie every single day, and adhering to a strict code of professional dress... despite not ever seeing anyone from the public.  As a guy, it made it easy, because there was very little thought involved in getting dressed.  It also irked me, because I was sitting there dressed to the nines with a fancy tie around my neck, while women would be wearing moo moos or glorified pajamas, because despite best efforts, nobody can really codify what's "professional" for women... other than "don't let yo booty be showin'"  A rational person knows what's professional, and the execs and anyone with high aspirations usually adhered to that, but it's hard to enforce, unlike with men where it's so simple.  Switching to a full-time casual environment made it a lot easier for everyone.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It also irked me, because I was sitting there dressed to the nines with a fancy tie around my neck, while women would be wearing moo moos or glorified pajamas, because despite best efforts, nobody can really codify what's "professional" for women... other than "don't let yo booty be showin'".

I remember one of my first jobs was as a bank teller. I remember a guy telling me that is unfair for me that I had to wear a shirt and tie and the women could look like "they were about to go clubbing". 

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

Maybe they could go full business casual and add a collar like some soccer jerseys to their BP jerseys.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

You either have style ,or you don't... Simple as that. Baseball jerseys can be worn just as casually as soccer jerseys. It's all about the fit and coordination. The thing is, we all have unique styles and sense of fashion. Some people get caught up in trends,  others try to be too eccentric, and you have the rest who wear what they please at the appropriate time. I wear my Braves jersey like an outfit, not like I'm going to play catch at the park. It can easily be a different case for someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m glad the Falcons stuck with a black helmet with this year’s uniform update, but after seeing this photo while scrolling through Instagram today, I’m really hoping the NFL relaxes its helmet rule sooner than later so that we can get his beautiful uniform in its entirety (even if the helmet is matte red instead):

18 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I’m glad the Falcons stuck with a black helmet with this year’s uniform update, but after seeing this photo while scrolling through Instagram today, I’m really hoping the NFL relaxes its helmet rule sooner than later so that we can get his beautiful uniform in its entirety (even if the helmet is matte red instead):

These should be THE uniforms

fiowXOD.png

24 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

All I see is why NFL uniforms shouldn't have sleeve strips anymore.  Those aren't even truncated stripes.  They're just dashes.

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

All I see is why NFL uniforms shouldn't have sleeve strips anymore.  Those aren't even truncated stripes.  They're just dashes.

The Photoshop cuts the sleeve stripes short. It looks like an adidas sleeve.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Photoshop cuts the sleeve stripes short. It looks like an adidas sleeve.

Didn't realize it was a photoshop.  If the real one looked like that it'd be worse than the trash they actually came out with for this year.

Archived