College Football 2020

Kevin W.

On 11/18/2020 at 12:47 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

And get rid of the damn bird logo! Your team name is not a bird.

They've used the eagle as a mascot for years, even before the current logo. Other than the lightning bolts, what's a better way to show a flash?

Kent State Golden Flashes Logo | evolution history and meaning

Kent State Football on Twitter: "Our way of life. #BeTheAlpha #FlashFAST  #NewProfilePic… "

This should never be a helmet logo though.

On 11/17/2020 at 7:05 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Kent State should be forced to forfreit every game and leave the field because of how terrible their uniforms are week-in and out

There's plenty of teams that look just as bad, but the dark grey uniform was pretty bad the other night. 

Louisville vs. Kent State: What 2 Watch 4 - The Cardinal Connect

They need to go with these decals and leave it at that. The over sized, the asymmetric helmet looks, none of those are as good as this. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And now here are the still shots of the Ducks’ new alternate uniform:

In addition to the patterned wings, the helmets have a patterned center stripe and a subtle sparkle finish. The jerseys have the same number font as the regular set, but with a different perforation pattern. Also notable is that this is a slightly different version of the Vapor Fusion template, with horizontal seams on the shoulders instead of the ‘V’ shaped seams. 

• Like 7

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Call me a homer but I love the new one-off uniforms. The team and Nike have really learned what works well for one-offs and improved over the years. This uniform has a lot of details that make it feel special, like the starry galaxy pattern on the helmet to the pattern throughout and the back helmet bumper. 

• Like 8

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

18 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

In addition to the patterned wings, the helmets have a patterned center stripe and a subtle sparkle finish. The jerseys have the same number font as the regular set, but with a different perforation pattern. Also notable is that this is a slightly different version of the Vapor Fusion template, with horizontal seams on the shoulders instead of the ‘V’ shaped seams. 

For players with single numbers the pattern sticks out a bit but those with 2 digit numbers it looks a little better with that chest pattern covered up a little more. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 8.12.08 AM.png

Idaho has a new uniform. I'm not a fan of the yellow gold vs old gold, but it's not a bad look. 

https://www.uniswag.com/blog/New Uniform for Idaho Football

Are the sleeve caps and collar silver? 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

38 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yes they are. I think leaving them white with silver in the striping would also be a better look. 

EnIS2WmUYAEOzim.jpg

As a Steelers fan, this pic really annoys me. Seeing as there's enough space above the sleeve striping to put a Nike logo, what's stopping the Steelers from making the sleeve stripes not get cut in half?

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

One more feature on the new Oregon uniforms; the pants have some nice detailing in the side panels:

spacer.png

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Oregon Ducks Unveil “Ohana” Alternate Uniforms

November 19, 2020 - 18:27 PM

The Oregon football program will celebrate Polynesian culture by wearing “Ohana” alternate uniforms during Saturday’s game against UCLA (3:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2). As anyone who watched Disney’s Lilo and Stitch knows, Ohana means family in Hawaiian and Samoan, and the Ducks’ latest alternate uniform is a tribute to just

Read More...

2 hours ago, kb105 said:

Are the little details in the stripe supposed to be flying ducks, or is it more associated with Polynesian culture. Just curious because it reminds me of the flying ducks that they have throughout their football facility.

All of the details and patterning are related to Polynesian culture, though I do agree there’s a slight passing resemblance to the flying ducks at first glance. Here’s a nice little graphic showing what all of the patterns mean:

spacer.png

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

All of the details and patterning are related to Polynesian culture, though I do agree there’s a slight passing resemblance to the flying ducks at first glance.

Can't wait for all of the other pac-12 and mtn west schools to jump on the ohana bandwagon since just about every school west of the rockies has a significant history or constant matriculation of Polynesian players over the last 50 years.

• Like 2

Utah will finally be opening their season this weekend against USC and will be wearing all-black, replacing players’ last names with these seven words:

spacer.png

Washington will also be going all-black, debuting their new alternates against Arizona:

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Those Oregon uniforms are stunning. It takes some serious innovation and design skills and production techniques to make something like that. For Oregon, that's a uniform like we have never seen before. Definitely seems to be taking the liberty TCU did with the objects around the collarbone area and taking it to the next level. I love the texture, and the thought process behind it. Right up my alley in every way. Really cool. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They've used the eagle as a mascot for years, even before the current logo. Other than the lightning bolts, what's a better way to show a flash?

Kent State Golden Flashes Logo | evolution history and meaning

Kent State Football on Twitter: "Our way of life. #BeTheAlpha #FlashFAST  #NewProfilePic… "

This should never be a helmet logo though.

There's plenty of teams that look just as bad, but the dark grey uniform was pretty bad the other night. 

Louisville vs. Kent State: What 2 Watch 4 - The Cardinal Connect

They need to go with these decals and leave it at that. The over sized, the asymmetric helmet looks, none of those are as good as this. 

At least Akron made a good effort with their set, helps balance out Kent State:

73a3b5db-3f3c-4eee-83fe-58066e1d815e-zip

• Like 1