College Football 2020

Kevin W.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

OMG OMG OMG

I really thought they couldn’t do any worse... the “slime” moniker adds that last bit of vomit-inducing nonsense to this whole... thing. That helmet does not look good on it either. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Has every team with green in their color scheme tried volt/highlighter green at some point? Sure seems like it.

I liked it when Oregon first started because their colors are yellow and green. Volt felt like a combination of both. 

All these other teams just seem like poor imitations. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Has every team with green in their color scheme tried volt/highlighter green at some point? Sure seems like it.

I liked it when Oregon first started because their colors are yellow and green. Volt felt like a combination of both. 

All these other teams just seem like poor imitations. 

South Florida has been doing it for a little while now so I feel that it's acceptable at this point for them. Aside from USF and Oregon, it shouldn't be used.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Slime? Ugh.... Hope USF gets beaten badly for this. Run up the score on em! SMH

They’re 1-7 with the 1 being against the Citadel. It’s better they do this while nobody is watching. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

And their sports seem to have been using it more lately. 

Mostly basketball and soccer I think.  Baseball may have done a black version but i cant recall.  It seems most of the slime green unis have been against UCF in the past year, and this week might be the first home game against UCF in football since slime green unis have been used (not black with bright neon).

EOVifqrVAAAa28B.jpg

EIJZpnEXkAUpSa3.jpg

• Like 2

I’m all for universities carving out their own identity in the market, and now that Oregon has (mostly) reverted back to their traditional colors, I think USF staking claim to neon green is smart on their behalf. Honestly, USF doesn’t have the tradition or naturally appealing colors that Oregon does and it suits the location of South Florida (more tropical). 

Also, sandwiching the yellow-green between a yellow and a true green makes it much more palatable than how Oregon used the color (with blacks, greys, and metallics), similar to how the Milwaukee Bucks did in the Irish-rainbow era.

All that being said, those football uniforms take it too far. The chrome helmet finish doesn’t look good in neon green (something matte would work better) and the monochrome look doesn’t give your eyes a place to relax.

• Like 6

USF Bulls Unveil Slime Green Alternate Uniforms

November 25, 2020 - 23:10 PM

The USF football program recently unveiled new slime green alternate uniforms that will make their on-field debut in the War on I-4 rivalry game against UCF on Friday afternoon (3:30 p.m. ET on ESPN). The bright green uniform – which brings to mind Nickelodeon’s iconic slime – follows the same

Read More...

I believe in Oregon, they call that "Volt"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Ducks are breaking out their chrome helmets with nightmare green wings and pairing them with the yellow jerseys and pants for Friday’s rivalry game against the Beavs:

This is a really sharp combo, and actually one we’ve never seen before with prior uniform sets. They’ve worn silver carbon fiber helmets with yellow in the past, but they’ve never worn chrome helmets with yellow jerseys. I’m pleasantly surprised to see the Ducks go with yellow like they did in 2018, as it sets up another color vs. color affair with the Beavs. Really excited to see this combo in action, and I’ll be curious to see if OSU goes with their standard all-black set or black/orange/orange.

Edit- It looks like the Beavers will actually be breaking out their orange set:

spacer.png

This will be a very bright and colorful game, similar to the 2013 matchup but without any of the Ducks’ apple green. Will definitely give off a highlighter vibe on the field, but I’m excited to see it. 

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Mostly basketball and soccer I think.  Baseball may have done a black version but i cant recall.  It seems most of the slime green unis have been against UCF in the past year, and this week might be the first home game against UCF in football since slime green unis have been used (not black with bright neon).

EOVifqrVAAAa28B.jpg

EIJZpnEXkAUpSa3.jpg

I like this color, it looks great on the basketball and soccer unis/kits, and I actually don’t hate it for football.

It’s the color the Rays should add to their unis (in small amount only)

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.