College Football 2020

Kevin W.

1 hour ago, TenaciousG said:

I think they’re decent but Army and Nike win the uni battle yet again. I swear sometimes UA thinks all you have to do is throw together a mishmash of random elements... you don’t necessarily make it need to all look good together.

Army/Navy should be a color vs. color game too.

Unless one team is willing to go gold jerseys, I don't see the game working out well as navy versus black.

I always watch Army-Navy, but never consistently cheer for a specific school (my family ties are to the Air Force). Generally I cheer either for the underdog or for the team with the better uniforms. Looks like it's "Go Army, Beat Navy" again for me this year.

• Like 2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

These sure suck.  I have nothing good to say.  0 stars.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The helmets need way less, . . . "marbling" and a logo on the sides of the helmet. Only thing I don't like about the Army jerseys is the "spray painting" on the right shoulder. I know it has a story to it but it's adding one element too many there. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Gators will look brilliant this weekend. I am shocked by how much I like that look, as a one off. Would prefer a glossy shell, but the script, white face mask and striping is all consistent with their normal look.

I can understand why if they were going to wear a blue lid in a non-throwback way, this was the time to try it. Tennessee wears orange with white lids. The blue lids and pants should look great. Big fan of most of the changes Florida has made under the Jordan brand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BVZ said:

Gators will look brilliant this weekend. I am shocked by how much I like that look, as a one off. Would prefer a glossy shell, but the script, white face mask and striping is all consistent with their normal look.

I can understand why if they were going to wear a blue lid in a non-throwback way, this was the time to try it. Tennessee wears orange with white lids. The blue lids and pants should look great. Big fan of most of the changes Florida has made under the Jordan brand.

Same.

Of course it doesn’t “look” like Florida to many... the orange helmets are key to Florida’s usual look. But these are great IMO as a one-off or once-a-year kind of thing.

• Like 2

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

It doesn’t look like Florida in the slightest. They already have alternate lids with the regular white helmet as well as the throwback. Florida is going down a bad path with ever changing stripes, helmet decals, etc. Stick to the basics and throw in the white lid for a couple games per year as well as the throwback. Done.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, See Red said:

I don't think I like that at all.

EoUq8fYWMAAxlRw?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like it's time to update the Gators page here on SportsLogos.net to include the white helmet, the white throwback from last year, the blue throwback from this year, and now this blue helmet: https://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/675/Florida_Gators/

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Just looking at the helmet from a design standpoint, I love it. But it’s just not Florida. I’m sure the uniforms as a whole will look good, but just because they look good, doesn’t mean it’s right. It’s the same reason teams like Nebraska, Stanford, Alabama, Texas, etc. don’t need an inverted version of their respective helmets. Just because it might look good, doesn’t mean it needs to be done. There isn’t anything wrong with the design, but the real issue is the history involved with it

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Just looking at the helmet from a design standpoint, I love it. But it’s just not Florida. I’m sure the uniforms as a whole will look good, but just because they look good, doesn’t mean it’s right. It’s the same reason teams like Nebraska, Stanford, Alabama, Texas, etc. don’t need an inverted version of their respective helmets. Just because it might look good, doesn’t mean it needs to be done. There isn’t anything wrong with the design, but the real issue is the history involved with it

I could not have said it better. florida does not need to do this and should have left blue shells to boise.

• Like 3

Every year I look forward to the Army-Navy uniforms. It's nice to see real military tributes and not just 'we made our logo into a flag logo'. The thought and research that goes into these mean something other than just generic 'patriotism' and 'cool jerseys'. Another well done round of design on both sides. 

EoKR967UYAQsUec?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EoB51aPWEAwcGwn?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 5

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif