College Football 2020

Kevin W.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

It’s worked pretty damn well in basketball:

I mean, they did it. Doesn't mean it worked. I asked a girl out and she said she wasn't interested. Sure, I did it, but it doesn't mean it worked.

Color vs. Color works when the colors are distinct from each other. Your red vs. blue and such. Red, orange, and gold/yellow should never be paired against each other.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I mean, they did it. Doesn't mean it worked. I asked a girl out and she said she wasn't interested. Sure, I did it, but it doesn't mean it worked.

Color vs. Color works when the colors are distinct from each other. Your red vs. blue and such. Red, orange, and gold/yellow should never be paired against each other.

You’re certainly entitled to think that it didn’t work, just as I’m entitled to think that it did. I happen to think it worked quite well actually, and am expecting tomorrow’s matchup to work well, too. I agree that color vs. color matchups work when the colors are distinct from each other, and in the case of the Ducks and the Beavers I personally think that their shades of yellow and orange are distinct enough from each other to make for a good matchup, in large part because of how bright the Ducks’ shade of yellow is and how saturated the Beavers’ shade of orange is. It definitely wouldn’t work if the Ducks had more of an athletic gold and the Beavers had a shade of orange similar to Tennessee, but neither of those things are the case. You can certainly disagree, but that’s just my two cents on the matter.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks are breaking out their chrome helmets with nightmare green wings and pairing them with the yellow jerseys and pants for Friday’s rivalry game against the Beavs:

This is a really sharp combo, and actually one we’ve never seen before with prior uniform sets. They’ve worn silver carbon fiber helmets with yellow in the past, but they’ve never worn chrome helmets with yellow jerseys. I’m pleasantly surprised to see the Ducks go with yellow like they did in 2018, as it sets up another color vs. color affair with the Beavs. Really excited to see this combo in action, and I’ll be curious to see if OSU goes with their standard all-black set or black/orange/orange.

Edit- It looks like the Beavers will actually be breaking out their orange set:

spacer.png

This will be a very bright and colorful game, similar to the 2013 matchup but without any of the Ducks’ apple green. Will definitely give off a highlighter vibe on the field, but I’m excited to see it. 

(Mostly) school colors for both schools? I'm on board with this. Is there a platypus trophy for the winner this year? Or has Covid scrapped that too? 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

20 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

(Mostly) school colors for both schools? I'm on board with this. Is there a platypus trophy for the winner this year? Or has Covid scrapped that too? 

Currently the platypus trophy just gets presented to the winning team’s alumni association each year, so unfortunately there’s never any sort of trophy presentation after the game. It’s basically regarded as an unofficial prize, which is a shame IMO. It’s such a unique and, frankly, hilarious trophy that it deserves a more official role in the rivalry.

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Apparently the universe decided that the Oregon vs Oregon State game is so ugly that no one should see it, and mercifully rolled in this fog.

Not ugly enough to prevent you from watching it, apparently.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Red face masks on red helmets look bad, but I agree gray mainly says “USC”. Iowa State should use white or yellow.

Also shout out to the Beavers, taking home the platypus trophy in those orange unis.

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins