2020 MLB Season

Dynasty

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope a sub-.500 team wins the a World Series. This is a weird year and I could live with that.  Plus, it might scare them off from making the 16-team playoff permanent.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Woke up this morning to watch some highlights on my phone and man, it was such a good feeling.  Empty stadiums aside, it was cool.  I do miss the crowds, though.

Cole's stuff is just disgusting.  His accuracy with that velocity is horrifying.

Regardless, we've already got the Nats possibly half-infected with COVID19 play a full 9 innings with the Yankees, so the season is barely a day old and already there's policy failures and nobody knows what to do.

Everybody's delighted for baseball to be back, myself included, but it's a dark omen if they can't make it a damn day without fouling things up.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, CherryMX said:

Woke up this morning to watch some highlights on my phone and man, it was such a good feeling.  Empty stadiums aside, it was cool.  I do miss the crowds, though.

Cole's stuff is just disgusting.  His accuracy with that velocity is horrifying.

Regardless, we've already got the Nats possibly half-infected with COVID19 play a full 9 innings with the Yankees, so the season is barely a day old and already there's policy failures and nobody knows what to do.

Everybody's delighted for baseball to be back, myself included, but it's a dark omen if they can't make it a damn day without fouling things up.

That's why I don't think MLB finishes.  

1 hour ago, Digby said:

1. You don't always test positive the day or two after exposure, so it's possible that there's false negatives there, which would mean that it's possible that it's spread already and the tests won't detect it.  I know that athletes get the saliva test and it's much more accurate than the swabs, but there's still false-negatives.

2. The gap - no matter how small - between test and result means that people are playing while waiting for results that can be positive (or are they quarantined during that period?)  Either way, it doesn't seem like the protocols can do their job.  It really seems like MLB's protocols are set up "optimistically" and not conservatively, which I'd argue they should be.

If I'm wrong about either, I'm open to correction.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, CherryMX said:

Technically, they only played 5 1/2 due to weather.

Looks like Buffalo finally got their MLB team, too bad no one will likely be allowed to see them in person. Blue Jays will play majority of their home games in Buffalo. Currently working on lighting issues, otherwise will have to pretty much live with MiLB standards.

Signature intentionally left blank

The cardboard cutouts and fake crowd noise actually aren't nearly as bad as I expected.  Other than the few times the crowd-noise machine turned off unexpectedly, the Phillies game actually sounds kindasorta a little bit like an actual game (except they're not piping in boos for the home team.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

We go to the 10th inning in Oakland....

with a runner starting on second base....

while baseball purists weep....

the joker popcorn GIF

And it ends with a Grand Slam..

Archived