2020 MLB Season

Dynasty

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching the Nats-O's game on MASN and my god are the Nationals casters obnoxious. I was celebrating when I found out MASN-2 was the O's casters. Nothing but excuses for the team, they could never just admit that the Orioles were playing better. Always something about "when you're the World Series champs every team plays better against you" or "well with how odd this season is anything could happen", just wouldn't shut up about it. Makes me actively root against the Nationals cause they close their mouths whenever the team is losing, making the experience much more pleasant. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

now here is a good question, will the Nats-O's game on Friday night be a 7 inning game (since they are going to finish today's game on Friday).  me personally, just give the O's the win from today (the MLB rules on games must be not end during the inning should be thrown out the window this year).  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

1 hour ago, QCS said:

I was watching the Nats-O's game on MASN and my god are the Nationals casters obnoxious. I was celebrating when I found out MASN-2 was the O's casters. Nothing but excuses for the team, they could never just admit that the Orioles were playing better. Always something about "when you're the World Series champs every team plays better against you" or "well with how odd this season is anything could happen", just wouldn't shut up about it. Makes me actively root against the Nationals cause they close their mouths whenever the team is losing, making the experience much more pleasant. 

Ha, I like the Nats better than the Orioles cast this year. Without Jim Palmer and Gary Thorne Orioles announcers are awful.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

4 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Might as well just cancel the Cards season at this point.

No. Let's keep them in.

I can see it now... The Cards will be healthy enough to finish 12-11, qualify for the playoffs based on win %, and eventually face the Marlins in the NLCS!

6uXNWAo.png

If ThE 2020 pLaYoFfS sTaRtEd ToDaY (based on wins/losses/GB)

American League

1Oakland Athletics vs 8Chicago White Sox

4Detroit Tigers vs 5Baltimore Orioles

3Minnesota Twins vs 6Texas Rangers

2New York Yankees vs 7Cleveland Indians

National League

1Chicago Cubs vs 8St. Louis Cardinals

4Los Angeles Dodgers 5Miami Marlins

3Atlanta Braves vs 6Milwaukee Brewers

2Colorado Rockies vs 7San Diego Padres

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

If ThE 2020 pLaYoFfS sTaRtEd ToDaY (based on wins/losses/GB)

American League

1Oakland Athletics vs 8Chicago White Sox

4Detroit Tigers vs 5Baltimore Orioles

3Minnesota Twins vs 6Texas Rangers

2New York Yankees vs 7Cleveland Indians

National League

1Chicago Cubs vs 8St. Louis Cardinals

4Los Angeles Dodgers 5Miami Marlins

3Atlanta Braves vs 6Milwaukee Brewers

2Colorado Rockies vs 7San Diego Padres

I thought Miami was the 3 seed as East Leader based on Winning Percentage. Not sure you're doing this right 🙂

Padres are the 7, but Reds/Mets are tied for 8. No Cardinals

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I thought Miami was the 3 seed as East Leader based on Winning Percentage. Not sure you're doing this right 🙂

Padres are the 7, but Reds/Mets are tied for 8. No Cardinals

I'm using GB rather than WIN%, which is how we're determining the playoff brackets (until Manfred changes it to benefit STL)

As you know:

1-3 seeds = division leaders (COL, CHC, ATL)

4-6 seeds = division runners-up (LAD, MIL, MIA)

7-8 seeds = best remaining record (SD and see below)

NL East leaders:

Braves 11-6

Marlins 7-3 (.5 GB)

"Fight" for 8th:

Cardinals 4 GB

Reds 4.5 GB

Mets 4.5 GB

Phillies 4.5 GB

Source: https://www.espn.com/mlb/standings/_/group/league

6uXNWAo.png

On 8/9/2020 at 6:05 PM, _J_ said:

Ha, I like the Nats better than the Orioles cast this year. Without Jim Palmer and Gary Thorne Orioles announcers are awful.

Turning on an O's game and not hearing Gary Thorne was such a disappointment. I had no idea they weren't calling games.

I didn't realize this but teams are 'sharing' feeds - so the fans in Atlanta are watching the exact same broadcast as the ones in Phila, just with their announcers.   The Phillies announcers mentioned a few times that they weren't going to do some of the usual things because it's a shared broadcast.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I didn't realize this but teams are 'sharing' feeds - so the fans in Atlanta are watching the exact same broadcast as the ones in Phila, just with their announcers.   The Phillies announcers mentioned a few times that they weren't going to do some of the usual things because it's a shared broadcast.

Caught that too. It was basically Philly's way of saying "Sorry folks, we won't be panning the fake crowd to admire The Phanatic grope cardboard fan cutouts"

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Caught that too. It was basically Philly's way of saying "Sorry folks, we won't be panning the the fake crowd to admire The Phanatic grope cardboard fan cutouts"

Yeah the Cubs and White Sox announcers are not even traveling to each other’s ballparks. It’s so weird seeing Paul Byrd report from Truist Park when the team is playing in Philadelphia.

Archived