2020 MLB Season

Dynasty

44 minutes ago, Digby said:

Also what is he even talking about? Kansas City? Has KC done something to rile up the homophobes?

And why would that ever be a thing you would say at any workplace, let alone a workplace that involves you speaking on air to thousands?

Why do people with such cruelty and vitriol also tend to lack sense entirely?

Maybe St. Louis who the play next? But I don’t know if St. Louis has any connection either

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

I would suggest that he may have been referencing Blazing Saddles, but the emphasis on the slur really tells me he merely gave the inner bigot some mic time.

yeah he really smeared some hot sauce on it. He hit it hard. He emphasized it. It doesn't matter if he was referencing a movie. 

Again, this is neither new behavior nor surprising. There's a pattern that goes back years with him. Some people are just rotten people. He's one of those people. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Thom Brennaman with the cringiest moment(s) of 2020 -- which is saying a lot.

Well, I don’t know. There’s this:

A grown man live-streaming their complete meltdown, because somebody is finally calling him on his BS, is way more cringe than tHom’s crap. That tHom didn’t throw an on-screen tantrum like this dummy.

11 minutes ago, the admiral said:

That capital of the world is wherever Scott Thompson is playing Buddy Cole.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, WJMorris3 said:

All I know is, under previous management, Thom Brennaman would have probably earned a raise with that comment.

Instead, thankfully, he's been suspended (and is probably getting fired.)

Can you imagine the Schott administration in 2020?  She made Donald Sterling look like a "SJW".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The legend of Thom Brennaman in Chicago is that a prostitute punched him in the face. He claimed he gave himself a black eye walking into a doorknob.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Can you imagine the Schott administration in 2020? 

Yeah, a Jumbotron showing "now batting for the Cubs, (((Jason Kipnis)))"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 8/19/2020 at 11:30 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Isn't that just the usual 3-0 strategy?  The only time I can think of that it'd be different is if it's late in the game and there's RISP and two outs and either a pitcher or a terrible hitter up next, you might want to foul off an iffy 3-0 pitch just to get a better shot of getting a ball to hit on either 3-1 or 3-2.  You obviously don't want the pitcher leading off the next inning, but you also need to take advantage of that opportunity - especially if 9th innning.

Exactly. Nothing special regardless of scores.

And, I see the point with this. Better be able to make sure it's foul and not an out though.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

13 hours ago, WJMorris3 said:

All I know is, under previous management, Thom Brennaman would have probably earned a raise with that comment.

A lot of people forget the Carl Lindner Jr became the majority owner briefly after Marge Schott in 1999, Lindner then sold to current ownership Bob Catellini in 2006. Under Lindner Im not sure his comment would fly but under Schott, he definitely would have gotten a raise.

Signature intentionally left blank

Angels are flat out horrid at the moment, 8-18. Lost 3 of 4 to the Giants(all by 5+ runs), and should've lost the first game(Kapler had to go back to the Gott well). And they draw Oakland next, yikes. 

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

22 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Reds visit the Cubs in a week or two. Was he talking about Lake View? I bet he was. That makes more sense than Kansas City.

Is that a new gentrified euphemism for Boystown?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived