2020 MLB Season

Dynasty

22 hours ago, BBTV said:

Bryce Harper: "the only way we're going to get back into this is if we win 9 out of our next 10"  Phillies go 9-1 in their next 10.  

Do you praise a GM that overhauls the bullpen nearly 100% since the season started?  Or do you curse him for going into the season with what was statistically the worst bullpen of all time?  I choose the latter.  Blow me Matt Klentak, and eat my corn-ridden poo Andy McPhail.  And wipe some on your mother's grave.

You should write cards for Hallmark.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say, one thing I've really loved about the 2020 season is the fact that MLB has essentially been broken down into three separate "mini leagues."  With only 9 teams to follow other than your own, you get a true feeling for each team's character, strengths, weaknesses, and how they like to play.  In this era of over expansion and interleague play, this is incredibly refreshing.  Baseball halfway feels like baseball again.

4 hours ago, NicDB said:

I must say, one thing I've really loved about the 2020 season is the fact that MLB has essentially been broken down into three separate "mini leagues."  With only 9 teams to follow other than your own, you get a true feeling for each team's character, strengths, weaknesses, and how they like to play.  In this era of over expansion and interleague play, this is incredibly refreshing.  Baseball halfway feels like baseball again.

Reasons why I would love to see the end of interleague play. Even 15(expand to 16) team leagues you still get this. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

What's people's thoughts on the three-batter rule?  I kinda like it, but out of all of these, that's the one that makes the game seem the most different to me.  At least the baserunner on second creates scenarios that happen all the time, so it's not as different as taking away a manager's ability to match up pitchers with hitters.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When did it get to the point where every check swing is appealed to the 1st or 3rd base umpire?  Can't the HP umpire just tell the catchers to stop with all this nonsense?  I've seen it where the HP umpire calls it a strike and the catcher still asks for an appeal.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

What's people's thoughts on the three-batter rule?  I kinda like it, but out of all of these, that's the one that makes the game seem the most different to me.  At least the baserunner on second creates scenarios that happen all the time, so it's not as different as taking away a manager's ability to match up pitchers with hitters.

It's just another misguided attempt by Manfred to speed up the game. If he was serious about doing so, he would 1. Have the umps call the actual larger strike zone(letters to kneecaps) rather than the smaller one(waist to kneecaps) and 2. Punish players for wasting time by readjusting equipment and the like. Punish pitchers that screw around as well. If the pitcher doesn't pitch, call a ball. Batter isnt ready and messes around? Call a strike. And also...

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

When did it get to the point where every check swing is appealed to the 1st or 3rd base umpire?  Can't the HP umpire just tell the catchers to stop with all this nonsense?  I've seen it where the HP umpire calls it a strike and the catcher still asks for an appeal.  

punish this. Not sure how, but it's getting excessive.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I find it very bizarre that Manfred has ignored the effectiveness of a pitch clock during his crusade against the sport. It is obvious when you watch games that the pitchers and batters dicking around between pitches is the main cause of the slowed pace and long games. Yet instead of the simple solution, we get no-pitch IBBs, intentionally juiced balls, mound visit limitations, etc. I have not seen a big four league(s) been so ineptly run in a long time.

On 9/3/2020 at 8:53 PM, Discrim said:

Man I'm out of the loop...it took a Jomboy video for me to learn that Rocco Baldelli is now a manager...and that I somehow missed that he'd retired.  A decade ago.

Yeah, he had, like, mitochondria failure or something that sounded made up but tragically was not at all made up.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So a 19-0 trouncing of the Tigers by Milwaukee today and right now Braves are smashing Miami 22-8. My brother just asked me dont they have a mercy rule this season, like in little league? The way this crazy season im surprised there isnt.

Braves win 29-9

Signature intentionally left blank

Watching a game in Marlins park for the first time this year.  

They put fake-striped field turf in there?  WTF - can't grow grass in Miami in a stadium with a roof that (theoretically) opens?

They also didn't even bother to put cardboard cutouts of fans in there, so the games look normal.  The piped-in crowd noise is actually louder than the usual crowd.  What a disgrace of a franchise.

The Marlins have the pieces for a competitive team for the coming years. The move to get Marte was a good one. If Jeter and Co can actually build a sustainable team, the Marlins may finally become a respectable franchise. 

Yeah.  In a Costco.  The teams have to flash their membership cards on the way in.

Archived