Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Froob said:

Oh my god was that their uniform they originally planned on using?

This was still before uniform reveals were a big marketing event. I think that by the time Madden had to implement uniforms, all they had was the helmet, and they just created a generic uniform around that. I haven't seen any evidence that the Texans were planning on going full Penn State.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Has anyone started the "Patriots New Uniforms for 2025" thread yet?

My overall impression is that these are just underdesigned... maybe not even designed at all. The shoulder stripes may or may not match the pant stripes, and even if they did, they would still look like crap since Nike doesn't bring them down below the collarbone. The number font is kind of traditional, but not really (see the "4" on the Hightower jersey), and is kind of reminiscent of their 2000-2019 set, but not really. The only options at this point are monochrome home uniforms and leotard socks for both home and away. The uniform is red, blue, and white, but the helmet is red, blue, and silver. No single element is offensive, but literally none of them work together, and the overall effect is of a create-a-uniform on Madden.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

34 minutes ago, tyst13 said:

I wonder, while the other teams have been able to put out proper announcements (see the Brown pics of an impromptu photo shoot in a garage) despite the circumstances, is it possible the Patriots were impacted more than others? Hence the bare bones release and inconsistencies of the pants from the announcement, mascot pics, and style guide (according to canzman)? I mean, all the early announcements may have been a little better off because they started preparing a little earlier, but if the Patriots were always planning to announce this week, the circumstances could have left them scrambling to make due with what they had.

I wonder if the Pats have been sitting on this change until they knew Brady wouldn't be coming back. Like would they have delayed these changes until next year, if he came back for one more year?

1 minute ago, Krudler said:

I wonder if the Pats have been sitting on this change until they knew Brady wouldn't be coming back. Like would they have delayed these changes until next year, if he came back for one more year?

There's a very strong possibility of that being the case. They weren't changing anything major during the Brady era.

I don't even know what they were thinking.. honestly..

Generally, with a bad or underwhelming uniform reveal, it's still easy to tell what they were trying to do.. this uniform is so sloppy and disjointed, I can't even wrap my head around it.. there isn't a single new idea in the entire uniform, but it's like they mashed together the least cohesive combination of elements from their existing identity and uniform history.. 

I don't even understand how this could've passed along as ok.. I really don't

1 minute ago, Krudler said:

Normally I'd say no - but in this case, since the logo and helmet aren't changing, maybe the lead time isn't as big a deal because the advertisers and apparel manufacturers (other than jerseys) wouldn't need to change anything, and Nike can ramp up production on these quickly, since they're baseically the color rush with new numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Just a thought from my tiny brain: the Seahawks own mono-navy, IMO. It looks good on them, and there’s no way it can look good on multiple teams. Wish the Patriots and Texans would just stop already. 

This definitely applies to the Titans more than the Texans, but I couldn't agree more!

14 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

This was still before uniform reveals were a big marketing event. I think that by the time Madden had to implement uniforms, all they had was the helmet, and they just created a generic uniform around that. I haven't seen any evidence that the Texans were planning on going full Penn State.

I looked it up are you saying this is not a big marketing event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMr8Bmc42TE

2 minutes ago, Krudler said:

I think if the pants were white on the home set, you'd have a really nice distinct set.

But the problem with that is the helmet is still silver.

It's like they went halfway into a significant change but just stopped, and the end result is the worst of both worlds. 

3 minutes ago, Krudler said:

I think if the pants were white on the home set, you'd have a really nice distinct set.

I keep seeing this about white home pants! I'm I in the minority that really dislike white home pants with light color helmet other than white. If so that is ok just can't believe a lot of people would prefer white over silver.

PROS:

-Simplified look

-Uhhh... wasn't expecting much

CONS:

-Monochrome

-Kept double outline on numbers

-Striping sizes noticeably different without justification

-Needs silver pants IMO to make inclusion of silver work, esp. on helmet

DON'T CARE:

-Number font was nothing special, lateral move to block

9 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

I keep seeing this about white home pants! I'm I in the minority that really dislike white home pants with light color helmet other than white. If so that is ok just can't believe a lot of people would prefer white over silver.

White alternate pants would be fine...but silver(gray) and navy need to be primary pants. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived