Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

It's a shame the team ditched the LA/bolt logo so quickly. There are a lot of unanswered questions about this move, but the logo was top notch.

I don't think the LA/Bolt logo was a masterpiece but it definitely had potential. 

This logo would have been so much better if they had put an outline on it like the Reddit concept below (not mine)

sq1sYVw.jpg

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The NFL favoring a Chargers move to LA over a Raiders move to LA will go down as one of the bigger blunders in league history. The only team in the NFL that could move to LA and not play second fiddle to the Rams are the Raiders (well, of those that realistically could move... obviously I'm not counting teams that would never, ever move, like the Cowboys).

The Raiders' move back to Oakland in 1995 was a terrible mistake to begin with - they moved into an aging stadium with a (hideously ugly) band-aid put over it, and didn't really have the fanbase necessary to sustain the team in Oakland. It seems odd to say about a team that has spent the majority of its existence in Oakland, but the Raiders would be much better suited to Los Angeles. They'd be more financially stable and successful there than in either Oakland or Vegas.

5 hours ago, Metro Boomin said:

The outlines at least make it look like a Chargers logo. My problem with the original is it didn't say Chargers to me. Sure it had a bolt but they've never used one that looked like that in their history

I'd rather they do something new than keep recycling the same look they've had.

4 hours ago, kroywen said:

The NFL favoring a Chargers move to LA over a Raiders move to LA will go down as one of the bigger blunders in league history. The only team in the NFL that could move to LA and not play second fiddle to the Rams are the Raiders (well, of those that realistically could move... obviously I'm not counting teams that would never, ever move, like the Cowboys).

The Raiders' move back to Oakland in 1995 was a terrible mistake to begin with - they moved into an aging stadium with a (hideously ugly) band-aid put over it, and didn't really have the fanbase necessary to sustain the team in Oakland. It seems odd to say about a team that has spent the majority of its existence in Oakland, but the Raiders would be much better suited to Los Angeles. They'd be more financially stable and successful there than in either Oakland or Vegas.

The Raiders will likely have more fans in L.A. than the Chargers no matter where they end up playing.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I dont know why LA is so ungrateful for getting the Chargers. They are more talented than the :censored:ty Rams and I could see them making the playoffs as they had many games decided in the final minutes. If you are younger than 26 years old you dont have much history with the Rams and family ties to the Rams had been severed.

Because..

We. Do. Not. Want. Them.

They are San Diego's team, not ours. We have been extremely vocal in our disapproval for the Chargers coming to LA, from the very beginning of this whole process. The Rams returning home was all we wanted. Their return was righting a wrong. We do not care how good or bad the Rams are, because ultimately, they are Los Angeles' football team. It'd be a bit different if the Chargers had beaten the Rams to LA (and they had over 16 years to move first), but they didn't. Couple that with the fact the Chargers biggest rival played in Los Angeles for 13+ years and it's clear why we Angelino's are so "ungrateful" to have the Chargers here. 

Having the Chargers leave San Diego for Los Angeles is just as wrong as having the Browns move to Baltimore and the Rams leaving LA in the first place. Team relocation is a messy business, but for the most part, the Rams being in LA feels right. Having the Chargers here does not. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

On 2017-01-15 at 10:11 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

Because..

We. Do. Not. Want. Them.

They are San Diego's team, not ours.

Exactly. The Rams were LA's team, or at least one of them, and they were unfairly taken away from them. The Chargers have spent over fifty years in San Diego.

LA wanted the Rams because they wanted their team back. They don't want the Chargers because the Chargers are someone else's team.

14 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Because..

We. Do. Not. Want. Them.

They are San Diego's team, not ours. We have been extremely vocal in our disapproval for the Chargers coming to LA, from the very beginning of this whole process. The Rams returning home was all we wanted. Their return was righting a wrong. We do not care how good or bad the Rams are, because ultimately, they are Los Angeles' football team. It'd be a bit different if the Chargers had beaten the Rams to LA (and they had over 16 years to move first), but they didn't. Couple that with the fact the Chargers biggest rival played in Los Angeles for 13+ years and it's clear why we Angelino's are so "ungrateful" to have the Chargers here. 

Having the Chargers leave San Diego for Los Angeles is just as wrong as having the Browns move to Baltimore and the Rams leaving LA in the first place. Team relocation is a messy business, but for the most part, the Rams being in LA feels right. Having the Chargers here does not. 

I loved that this weekend during the Lakers v Clippers game at Staples Center that the Chargers logo and a couple of their players were resoundingly boo'ed when showed on the jumbotron. And even better was that Dean Spanos was there to see just how happy his new city is to have his football team.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/los-angeles-fans-boo-chargers-logo-lakers-clippers-game-011417

ColorWerx reports that he has received an updated Los Angeles Chargers logo set, and the "LA" logo is no longer part of the package.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived