Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team now plans to market itself as the Los Angeles Chargers. The lightning bolts plastered on their helmets are one of the more iconic images among the league's 32 teams, and that isn't going to change, per league and team sources.

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-diego-chargers/post/_/id/19267/expect-the-chargers-to-keep-nickname-despite-move-to-l-a

11 minutes ago, LMU said:

And of course the Padres capitalize on their sudden ascension to the sole source of civic pride by taking the field in the blandest uniforms in the league.

This is three different uniform sets for them in three years, right?

More on-topic, lazy “they stole the Dodgers’ logo!” commentary as if the Dodgers own the very idea of an interlocking LA logo bothers me.

6fQjS3M.png

6 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

This is three different uniform sets for them in three years, right?

More on-topic, lazy “they stole the Dodgers’ logo!” commentary as if the Dodgers own the very idea of an interlocking LA logo bothers me.

They might not own the idea of an interlocking LA, but they sure as hell own the idea of a interlocking LA in white on a blue background

8 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

If the Chargers hadn't lazily set it in dark royal blue and white, the comments about the Dodgers would have been minimal. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

52 minutes ago, smzimbabwe said:

So are today's Cleveland Browns the same Browns of Jim Brown, Brian Sipe, etc.?

Yes they are. They're the Cleveland Browns. They're a team named Browns who play in Cleveland.

39 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Sporting News is of course ignoring that the Padres are in the midst of a multi year rebuild that should start to pay big dividends in 2019-2020. Just because the crap ass football team left town doesn't mean they are or should upend that plan simply to make a splash. Winning a World Series in a few years would do far more for San Diego and the Padres than a couple of half assed big signings this off season.

I'm getting so tired of these parody logos.

HAHA LOOK AT US WE PUT A LIGHTNING BOLT ON FOR NO REASON TO MOCK THE TEAM WITH A LIGHTNING BOLT AS A PRIMARY LOGO PUTTING A LIGHTNING BOLT ON ITS PROMOTIONAL LOGO AREN'T WE SO FREAKING WITTY?

VmWIn6B.png

I don't understand why people want the Rams in blue and white, that scheme is just so bland. Imo, blue and gold IS the LA Rams, much more than blue and white.

I really don't care if two teams that share a stadium also share a color scheme, as long as they both look good.

If it was the NHL, you can bet you could have two teams sharing the same venue with same colors, say yellow or gold and blue whatever.

But we're talking NFL, and serious design people (well, most of the time, forget about TB and JAX) and they will not end up with the same colors.

I'm convinced the Rams are going white and dark blue, because of different evidences, graphics they put forward, and as a wink to the 60's uniforms.

The Chargers? I dunno.

Its going to be funny if when both start in the new stadium that the Chargers predominantly have the colors the Rams should wear and the Rams wear the predominant Chargers colors

My thoughts in order primary/secondary/tertiary accent:

Rams = Royal/Athletic Gold/white

Chargers = Navy/White/Yellow (but I have had weird thoughts of replacing yellow with VOLT)

Archived