Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

The most recent tweak came in 2013, and according to NFL policy, the Chargers will not be able to update many aspects of the uniform until the 2018 season.

“The league created new guidelines as there were teams tweaking uniforms every year, so now there are rules limiting the changes you make,” Spanos said.  “Once you make a change, you must stick with that change for five years.”

http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/07/17/complete-history-iconic-chargers-uniform

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

So what were the tweaks that came between 2012 and 2013? I'm looking at pictures from both years, and I probably don't have the eyes for these things like some of y'all do, but I see no differences.

They dropped the "toilet seat" collars. And added a stripe to the socks. Not enough to be considered an actual change, but it's the :censored:ing NFL...

26 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

That is great here is my take on an LA Logo for them! You can see the rest here

LA Chargers Logo copy.png

This is great.  If the team had announced a logo such as this, then there would have been none of the mockery and snark (and the Dodgers and Tampa Bay Lightning would not have had the opportunity to go into comedy mode).

It's too bad that, with all the time they had to plan for this possibility, the Chargers couldn't come up with something as good as this.  

I didn't think the "LA" logo they used was so bad.  But this one is a lot better.  

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

48 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

This is great.  If the team had announced a logo such as this, then there would have been none of the mockery and snark (and the Dodgers and Tampa Bay Lightning would not have had the opportunity to go into comedy mode).

It's too bad that, with all the time they had to plan for this possibility, the Chargers couldn't come up with something as good as this.  

I didn't think the "LA" logo they used was so bad.  But this one is a lot better.  

Testament to just how poorly run their organization has always been. It's just much more apparent now that they're coming in from the small market and having to screw up on the big stage in LA.

43 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, you've got to really be on your game in a big, crowded market.  You don't get the benefit of the doubt that a smaller market will give you.  As crazy as it feels to call San Diego a "small market".

Well it is 28th in market size thanks to the artificial limitations leagues like MLB and the NFL place on us by cutting out Tijuana and her nearly 2 million people (ironically despite the Padres radio partner until this year XPERS being based in Rosarito, Baja California, go figure).

Archived