Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Is there any way the Rams could bump the throwbacks up to full-time status, wear the royal blue and yellow for the 8 home games next year (plus any road games where the home teams wear white) and then wear the navy and gold white uniforms on the road when they have to?

What would stop them from doing that? Does the league have rules against wearing two wildly different home and road uniforms? Cowboys obviously excluded. The NFL's one helmet rule wouldn't apply in this case, they'd just have to switch out the helmet decals.

I think the NFL only allows throwbacks/alternates to be worn twice at home each season. I doubt they are going to change that rule.

And the Rams have already confirmed their uniforms are not changing for 2016... So perhaps next season?

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Broncos made their orange alternate jerseys the full time primary a few years ago. I don't know what process they had to go through to do it, but that could conceivably be what the Rams do. Now, the NFL may go against it because it differs too much from the "current" set, but I don't know how this whole deal works.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Is there any way the Rams could bump the throwbacks up to full-time status, wear the royal blue and yellow for the 8 home games next year (plus any road games where the home teams wear white) and then wear the navy and gold white uniforms on the road when they have to?

What would stop them from doing that? Does the league have rules against wearing two wildly different home and road uniforms? Cowboys obviously excluded. The NFL's one helmet rule wouldn't apply in this case, they'd just have to switch out the helmet decals.

I think the NFL only allows throwbacks/alternates to be worn twice at home each season. I doubt they are going to change that rule.

I know, but I'm asking what's stopping them from designating the throwbacks as the primary home uniform and therefore they would no longer be alternates or throwbacks.

Other than the team/league wanting to avoid the home/road inconsistency I don't see what the difference is between that and Denver making their orange alternates the primary and relegating the blue to alternate status.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think we all just need to accept that the Rams are going to keep the "St. Louis colors" for the time being (I'm personally okay with that). New uniforms are coming in the near future, just not the 2016 season. The best case scenario I'm hoping for 2016 is the Rams rolling out the beige/khaki/gold pants.

In the meantime they will be able to wear the throwbacks twice at home next season, as well as the Color Rush uniforms once. Not sure about the alternate uniform rules in regard to preseason games.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

If I remember correctly, the 49ers did really well wearing their throwbacks ('93 or '94?) and kept wearing them for the rest of the season. They had to pay a fine or something but were happy to do so considering they won the Super Bowl that year. Does anyone else remember anything like this?

628x471.jpg

Yes, it was 1994. From a few pages back:

They have the throwbacks. They have the gold color rush jerseys. Those should be the interim uniforms, even if it means a lot of gold monochrome the next three years.

Then Nike it up in 2019.

If the 49ers could wear throwbacks all the way to the Super Bowl in 1994, the Rams can now. No excuse to try to double dip with St. Louis navy and gold when the fans have spoken so loudly.

There is a lot of throwback merchandise available. I don't see why any L.A. fan would buy navy and gold when their thirst for blue and yellow can easily be quenched at any Lids, Fans Edge or even NFL Shop.

1994 was a very, very long time ago.

Yeah, and the merchandise deals are worth a lot more money now. Plus you have Nike involved and they have a huge investment in the NFL.

Guess what, you get it done. It's the NFL, Nike, billionaires... you get it done. I'm sorry, no excuses, it needs to happen and you make it happen.

Yeah, and the merchandise deals are worth a lot more money now. Plus you have Nike involved and they have a huge investment in the NFL.

Guess what, you get it done. It's the NFL, Nike, billionaires... you get it done. I'm sorry, no excuses, it needs to happen and you make it happen.

You could say the same about a new stadium in St. Louis (or SD for that matter). However they will only look at ways to make more money.

You could say the same about a new stadium in St. Louis (or SD for that matter). However they will only look at ways to make more money.

Right but owners didn't want to stay in St. Louis or SD. My point was if the Rams want the blue/yellow and know that it will sell more merchandise, Nike and the NFL should have no problem making it happen. As it is I would be shocked to see any navy/gold in the stands at LA Rams games next year even if the team is still wearing the St. Louis Rams colors.

Right but owners didn't want to stay in St. Louis or SD. My point was if the Rams want the blue/yellow and know that it will sell more merchandise, Nike and the NFL should have no problem making it happen. As it is I would be shocked to see any navy/gold in the stands at LA Rams games next year even if the team is still wearing the St. Louis Rams colors.

We will see!! People will have the choice of what they want to buy between the old and new colors. Remember the Rams are not just selling to the old Rams fans but also younger fans who only know them in their current colors.

I know, but I'm asking what's stopping them from designating the throwbacks as the primary home uniform and therefore they would no longer be alternates or throwbacks.

Other than the team/league wanting to avoid the home/road inconsistency I don't see what the difference is between that and Denver making their orange alternates the primary and relegating the blue to alternate status.

From what it seems, they won't.

That said, they could keep the yellow full time on the helmet I'm sure. Not the only time a team has had mismatched parts.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

someone a while back said it, Keep the current mess until the new stadium is built. Then switch to royal/ gold full time with Royal and white as alts with the color rush yellows once a year. I like this idea. Enough with the dark colors.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived