Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://thebeast980.com/2016/01/14/will-rams-change-their-colors-back-to-original-blue-and-white/

Kevin Demoff VP of Football Operations says overhaul will come with the new stadium.

That seems far too long...the fans are clamoring for a return to the yellow and blue.

Nah, it's good marketing. The fans that are clamoring for a return to the blue and yellow are going to end up buying "retro" merchandise like jerseys, caps, etc. that the Rams will be happy to sell. Then comes 2019, and everything old is new again, and the same fans will buy all the new blue and yellow gear. It's worked before, it will work again.

http://thebeast980.com/2016/01/14/will-rams-change-their-colors-back-to-original-blue-and-white/

Kevin Demoff VP of Football Operations says overhaul will come with the new stadium.

That seems far too long...the fans are clamoring for a return to the yellow and blue.

Nah, it's good marketing. The fans that are clamoring for a return to the blue and yellow are going to end up buying "retro" merchandise like jerseys, caps, etc. that the Rams will be happy to sell. Then comes 2019, and everything old is new again, and the same fans will buy all the new blue and yellow gear. It's worked before, it will work again.

Buying some LA Rams gear in St. Louis Rams colors seems like a good way to make $40 in 20 years on a $20 purchase today.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I know the homecoming has a lot to do with it, but it's so weird to see a relocation where there's no Viking funeral, no nameless interregnum, no big reveal, just "oh we're the Los Angeles Rams now" a couple days later. Such a shame about these colors, though! Old colors now!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They have the throwbacks. They have the gold color rush jerseys. Those should be the interim uniforms, even if it means a lot of gold monochrome the next three years.

Then Nike it up in 2019.

If the 49ers could wear throwbacks all the way to the Super Bowl in 1994, the Rams can now. No excuse to try to double dip with St. Louis navy and gold when the fans have spoken so loudly.

It's like the curly W for the Nationals. It became so popular in the run-up to a team that using anything else would have been a mistake. Even if it could have looked better.

I think we will see some chaos unfold when it comes to the Rams identity. They could pull an inverse Dallas for the next three years. What they'll probably do is wear the blue/yellow throwbacks as their home jerseys and the current white navy/gold uniforms as their away jerseys. Since the league's unofficially relaxing their alt policies maybe have a ratio of 2 Color Rush yellow game to one color navy and gold. They could have a fourth pair of pants to go with the CR yellows if they wanted, since Carolina now has four. White with Blue/Yellow/Blue striping.

All New: NFL Random
Website ★ Behance ★ Twitter ★ Geekier Twitter

This might be a little radical and likely against NFL rules, but the Rams could go the way of the Lakers and always wear color. That yellow Color Rush set will hardly, if ever, clash with another team. They could have the yellow jersey as well as the blue throwback as the primaries (I know one uses royal and the other navy) but it could work. Throw in some white and blue pants for occasional alternates and they're good to go without having to create new designs.

I bet the Rams wear throwbacks on the first game in Los Angeles..

After all the crowds donning the royal and yellow, they probably will. I just noticed the website and new old typeface. Adding to my theory of use both sets concurrently, they are using the current monowhites on the site background, which means they will be the transitional away uniform.

This might be a little radical and likely against NFL rules, but the Rams could go the way of the Lakers and always wear color. That yellow Color Rush set will hardly, if ever, clash with another team. They could have the yellow jersey as well as the blue throwback as the primaries (I know one uses royal and the other navy) but it could work. Throw in some white and blue pants for occasional alternates and they're good to go without having to create new designs.

I remember it's when the schedules are released they can set their uniform combos. They shock us like how Jacksonville switched from Teal to Black as their primary. According to the 2016 scheduling, depending on when the Rams face them, they could wear color at Tampa Bay. So as I see it:

HOME

temp20151206_Rams_ARI12_nfl_mezz_1280_10

AWAY

temp20151227_Rams_Sea10_nfl_mezz_1280_10

AWAY 2

temp_AP_765875577601_nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

ALT 1 (including pants mod)

temp_Getty_Images_501806872_nfl_mezz_128

ALT 2

temp_Getty_Images_501807720_nfl_mezz_128

I'm still hoping for Navy & Yellow in 2019.

All New: NFL Random
Website ★ Behance ★ Twitter ★ Geekier Twitter

I bet they are saying this now just so they can sell off their STL Gold and Navy unis at full price, Then wear Blue and Yellow throwbacks and yellow alt until the stadium opens. As good a theory as any, Seems silly to bring out the St Louis unis next year, especially at home. I am sure the NFL would give them a uni waiver.

I bet they are saying this now just so they can sell off their STL Gold and Navy unis at full price, Then wear Blue and Yellow throwbacks and yellow alt until the stadium opens. As good a theory as any, Seems silly to bring out the St Louis unis next year, especially at home. I am sure the NFL would give them a uni waiver.

Yup.

I'd even be for having the Color Rush jerseys (with blue pants) as the primary, and the "throwback" in the classic colors as the alternate. Kinda like how the Cowboys wear white most of the time. I'd be cool with seeing a lot of yellow.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Buying some LA Rams gear in St. Louis Rams colors seems like a good way to make $40 in 20 years on a $20 purchase today.

The Vegas (ish) gold colors are associated with St Louis, but they will play in LA with them, and yellow and blue are associated with LA, but the STL won a Super Bowl with those colors. Odd how this has come to a perfect full circle.

Raiders

Colts

Cardinals

Oilers

The NFL is ruthless with this.

The fans seem to have a clear preference. The team has already announced a change is coming. Who's going to buy navy and gold gear? Clueless grandmothers buying birthday presents, that's who.

Archived