Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

So it seems like the LA Coliseum will look much like Miller Park - fans decked out largely in royal blue and yellow, watching a team wearing navy and beige.

It'll be even more pronounced since the LA fans don't have any reason to associate with this color scheme and have already been told the blue and yellow is coming back in a few years. Honestly, they'll even put out modern "return to LA" gear in the retro colors next year, so there would be almost no reason for fans to buy the STL colors unless they just want to be a collector of rare, ugly crap.

It's going to look rather foolish for the Rams when the panoramic photo of their first game back in LA (buy it on NFL shop for $100 framed!) is a sea of royal blue and yellow, but all the players on the field are in drab, new-millennium mess.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I think about it, with everyone in LA buying royal/yellow gear and demanding the team wear that gear, I just don't see how the Rams can not simply give in and lose the navy/gold. I understand all the "we can't" arguments but everyone involved is going to look really foolish otherwise.

6 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

The more I think about it, with everyone in LA buying royal/yellow gear and demanding the team wear that gear, I just don't see how the Rams can not simply give in and lose the navy/gold. I understand all the "we can't" arguments but everyone involved is going to look really foolish otherwise.

They certainly could but getting both the relocation fee and full price on everything Rams that would otherwise be clearance would be a total win for them...

34 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

They certainly could but getting both the relocation fee and full price on everything Rams that would otherwise be clearance would be a total win for them...

Yeah, I think the only thing you can hope for at this point is the rebrand happening a year early but it seems the Rams are dead set on doing it in 2019 when they open their new stadium.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

There are plenty of confused mothers and grandmothers in SoCal.

I suspect the "St. Louis" colored products will move fine.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

5 hours ago, hawk36 said:

They're definitely changing their color scheme and uniforms, just not for the 2016 season. Believe me, I want my team to be back in royal/yellow. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

21 minutes ago, colortv said:

What does everyone think about bringing back the mismatched helmets vs. finally matching them to the royal blue jerseys?

if they were to adopt the throwback uniform as the primary, then there would be no reason to match the colors - let the throwback be the throwback. but if they were to use a royal jersey as the base for a new uniform, then matching the colors is a priority. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

30 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

if they were to adopt the throwback uniform as the primary, then there would be no reason to match the colors - let the throwback be the throwback. but if they were to use a royal jersey as the base for a new uniform, then matching the colors is a priority. 

They will probably get custom colors too knowing how Nike does these rebrands lately. It will be interesting to see if they go for something similar or Blue and Yellow that are completely different than they have used before.

"The blue represents both the true blue ambition that the city of Los Angeles has for their Rams, but also for the cool blue ocean that is part of the easygoing, surfing lifestyle that is all part of the LA cultural identity."

"The yellow evokes the rays of sunshine that gives Los Angeles its famous, beautiful weather. But the yellow is also close to gold, the color of champions and being the best of the best. It perfectly fits with Los Angeles being the 'City of Champions.'"

8 hours ago, logos are cool said:

They will probably get custom colors too knowing how Nike does these rebrands lately. It will be interesting to see if they go for something similar or Blue and Yellow that are completely different than they have used before.

we'll end up getting something like Slate Blue (2000's seahawks) and volt

That's still my least favorite wordmark out of everything they've ever used.  Ugh.  

But their primary logo is gorgeous.  Looks great in the Los Angeles color scheme.  That's really all they need to do - we don't need a version with the wordmark and primary squished together.

Archived