Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Lord-a-mighty, that's a gorgeous picture!

Love the NNOB.

Agreed on both counts. I actually would love to see NNOB's again in the NFL. Some teams like the Colts, Giants, or Packers could really pull it off. I'd add the Browns to that list if only thier previous set survived.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

26 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Agreed on both counts. I actually would love to see NNOB's again in the NFL. Some teams like the Colts, Giants, or Packers could really pull it off. I'd add the Browns to that list if only thier previous set survived.

The Rams and Vikings can pull it off, too, based on that pic. I've always been a fan of NNOB in pro sports, I just like the larger numbers on the back. It's a classic look, I think.

7 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

They Rams really to fix the helmet decal to the way it was shaped during the Roman Gabriel era.

They had the horns with the V-shape in the front of the helmet which made the horns look much more angular.  

I've been saying this forever 

Never really agreed with this.. The original worked partly due to the lack of facemasks.. With the current clips, hardware, and front nose bumper of current helmets, the bottom center portion would get lost behind the bumper, or the horns would start halfway up the crown of the helmet.. Additionally, from a 3/4 angle our side view, I personally feel as though the current horn shape appears more realistic/appropriate.. Although a real ram's horns do make somewhat of a V-shape from a straight-on frontal view, there's still clearly a separation between them that wasn't achieved with the earlier horns.. To me, it gave it somewhat of an Eddie Munster look (although I do think it actually worked fairly well with no facemask).. I just don't think it would translate as well on today's helmets as the current ones do

17 hours ago, McCarthy said:

All the Rams need to do with their helmets is use a royal blue metallic flake helmet (like the Giants) with a yellow horn. They don't need gold chrome horns, they don't need a carbon fiber texture inside the horns, they don't need to add any white accents, they don't need to use the bumpy horn they used back in the 40's. This is so easy and adding any extras will just mess it up. Keep it simple stupid Nike.

Would love to see a mock up with the royal blue metallic flake helmet and gold chrome horns...wow.

I like your concept, Brandmoore...the only thing that throws me is the white sleeves on the home jersey.  I feel like it just draws my eyes too much...at least on the drawing.  That color rush jersey is beautiful.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

6 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i think im done messing around with this. here's my Rams proposal. 

Screen shot 2016-01-22 at 12.44.41 AM.png

My thoughts:

On the yellow shirts I think the white sleeves and cuffs should remain yellow. This will still maintain consistency from home to road to Color Rush jersey, but right now the whole thing's just a little too bright. I also don't like when white touches yellow which is why I'd change the collars to blue. The pants stripe reminds me of what a bunch of colleges were doing circa 2004 and is a step too far for the jersey that isn't a drastically modern update of their old uniforms. I'd take your swooping shoulder stripe and apply it to the pants so it starts thick at the top and gets thinner as it's interrupted by the bottom of knee, but never comes to a full Panthers-like point.

Also blue facemask. White, gray, whatever will stick out too much. And the shoulder stripes on the throwback never came to a point like that. 

IMO, of course. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i think im done messing around with this. here's my Rams proposal. 

Screen shot 2016-01-22 at 12.44.41 AM.png

Not a huge fan of the numbers, but otherwise, this is great. Love making yellow the primary home color, it's unique to the NFL. 

I'm staunchly against the Rams being navy/white.  They are one of the only franchises in the NFL that can bring true yellow back into prominence.  They shouldn't ditch it or relegate it to merely being an accent.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

21 minutes ago, vicfurth said:

Okay, so that post up there was weird. Anyway, what about Old Gold and Royal for the Rams, with a bit of Red?

AnthonyWilsonGeorge_17.jpg

No. The Rams wore red and gold for one season, 1949, and it just wouldn't fly today, they'd look way too much like the 49ers, at least in terms of colors. And the colors from the pic would just make the Rams continue to look like their St. Louis years. I know people keep bringing up blue and white as looking too much like the Colts, but at least the Rams have some history wearing it. I think it looks fine as a road or alternate alongside the blue and yellow.

Archived