Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

58 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Nah, for me the shoulder horns are just a step too far. 

Horns on the helmet are a fantastic literal rendering of the nickname.  Horns on the shoulder are cutesy and kinda stupid. 

Always thought it was weird that the Rams to had horns on their helmets and jerseys. Was never a fan of the sleeve horns to be honest.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could take em or leave em.. The shoulder horns are a unique uniform quirk that they completely "own", but in no way is it a "bonus" for them to be there or a downgrade if they're not.. I truly feel like the current set (apart from the colors) does a great job of modernizing the overall feel of the shoulder horn jerseys without actually having them on there.. Also, it wouldn't be a true throwback, but if there's a big push for the throwback yellow jerseys, change the yellow stripes on the sleeves between the blues to white, throw in some white number outlines, and voila, modern update with better color balance.. But I'm still a fan of recoloring their modern uniforms royal and yellow, fixing the collar, and calling it a day.

27 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I could take em or leave em.. The shoulder horns are a unique uniform quirk that they completely "own", but in no way is it a "bonus" for them to be there or a downgrade if they're not.. I truly feel like the current set (apart from the colors) does a great job of modernizing the overall feel of the shoulder horn jerseys without actually having them on there.. Also, it wouldn't be a true throwback, but if there's a big push for the throwback yellow jerseys, change the yellow stripes on the sleeves between the blues to white, throw in some white number outlines, and voila, modern update with better color balance.. But I'm still a fan of recoloring their modern uniforms royal and yellow, fixing the collar, and calling it a day.

Indeed. I think they're really close with the existing set. I hope they do the right thing and do a palatte swap. Either way, they're going to sell approximately a billion Rams jerseys next season.

If anything, the blue and gold on the home set might pop a little bit better in the warm California sun.

Why not?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Nah, for me the shoulder horns are just a step too far. 

Horns on the helmet are a fantastic literal rendering of the nickname.  Horns on the shoulder are cutesy and kinda stupid. 

Agreed. It would be like the Eagles putting wings on their sleeves instead of the eagle head logo. 

It it was a cool quirk, but nothing we need to see again. Especially the way they'd have to be forced in to the ever-shrinking sleeve (or shoulder cap, since that's all a sleeve is anymore). 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know many of you guys might consider it lazy, but part of me thinks it wouldn't necessarily be a bad move if the Rams simply recolored the "St. Louis" uniforms into the classic LA colors. Those uniforms were generally liked, until they decided the navy and white pants should have unnecessary stripes.

22 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I know many of you guys might consider it lazy, but part of me thinks it wouldn't necessarily be a bad move if the Rams simply recolored the "St. Louis" uniforms into the classic LA colors. Those uniforms were generally liked, until they decided the navy and white pants should have unnecessary stripes.

They'd have to get rid of the white and blue pants. At a minimum. 

34 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

They'd have to get rid of the white and blue pants. At a minimum. 

Maybe not even that. Simply getting rid of the stripes on those pants would have helped a lot. The St. Louis Rams were pretty much the only team in modern football that made plain/stripeless pants look good in the navy over gold or white over gold combos. I'm no photoshopper, but I can easily imagine the Rams looking way better in white over navy, white on white or even mono navy had they not put stripes on those pants.

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Agreed. It would be like the Eagles putting wings on their sleeves instead of the eagle head logo. 

It it was a cool quirk, but nothing we need to see again. Especially the way they'd have to be forced in to the ever-shrinking sleeve (or shoulder cap, since that's all a sleeve is anymore). 

It would actually make more sense for the Eagles to have wings on the sleeves than the helmet, if we are talking about literally representing the team name.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

No more mono navy. Had enough of head-to-toe drab.  

Well that is still Seattle's signature look, so it won't be going away for the foreseeable future. Whether or not the Rams will temporarily wear that look or not remains to be seen.

7 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Well that is still Seattle's signature look, so it won't be going away for the foreseeable future. Whether or not the Rams will temporarily wear that look or not remains to be seen.

We're talking about the Rams here. 

The Rams, who are moving into the bright, sun-dappled City of Angels. 

No more mono-navy for them. 

Like I said earlier, the Rams are probably going to wear white at home again due to the hot California weather. I know they used to do it the last time they played in LA, but maybe this time they just do it for the first several home games until Winter like most teams these days?

Do this.

269d1dba3d3fa0f629bdec822d33fbec.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Like I said earlier, the Rams are probably going to wear white at home again due to the hot California weather. I know they used to do it the last time they played in LA, but maybe this time they just do it for the first several home games until Winter like most teams these days?

Do this.

269d1dba3d3fa0f629bdec822d33fbec.jpg

If they're really being up front about no changes until the new stadium, they can't do that.

The gold pants haven't existed since the swoosh took over.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:56 AM, WavePunter said:

Are we just going to ignore the fact that the white/blue rams didn't have the horns on the shoulder?

No. I already mentioned that guy was wearing a counterfeit jersey.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:21 PM, Gothamite said:

That's not the problem. I don't believe any one team can own a two-color scheme. 

My issue with it is that blue and white is such a small part of their history.  The blue and gold are most identified with LA, most identified by the fans, and really is what they should be wearing. 

I agree with the second part, but think a team absolutely can own a two color scheme. Ignoring their experimenting with gray in the '80s, the Colts have worn blue and white forever. And they're one of the NFL's historic franchises. Throw in the fact that they've been on primetime TV more than any team outside of the Patriots the last 20 years, and I think it's hard to make any non-Nikegasm blue and white jersey that doesn't make people say "why are they copying the Colts?"

OldRomanSig2.jpg

On 1/23/2016 at 0:56 PM, WavePunter said:

On 1/23/2016 at 0:56 PM, WavePunter said:

Are we just going to ignore the fact that the white/blue rams didn't have the horns on the shoulder?

Beat me to the punch.

. . . and I don't know why this is sort of quoted twice.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

The giants have a blue and white jersey that nobody questions as copying the Colts

Because they have red stripes on the helmet and pants, red and white road jerseys, and grey pants. We're talking about the Rams adopting a solely blue and white color scheme, the same as the Colts

56 minutes ago, mbannon92 said:

Because they have red stripes on the helmet and pants, red and white road jerseys, and grey pants. We're talking about the Rams adopting a solely blue and white color scheme, the same as the Colts

helmet and pants weren't mentioned.. the statement was:

"...it's hard to make any non-Nikegasm blue and white jersey that doesn't make people say 'why are they copying the Colts?'"

my point is this.. 2-color schemes and 3-color schemes can be "owned" by those teams because they contain one or more extra colors to separate one team from another. 1-color schemes (not counting white as a color here) are so generic, that they are almost inherently "owned" by every team who uses that color (example: giants owning a blue/white jeresey - and also a white/red jersey for that matter).. it's usually not the color scheme that these super-traditional teams "own", it's their overall LOOK.. no one else in the league currently uses the shoulder stripes of the colts, and no one uses the shoulder/sleeve design of the jets.. those signature elements (although common in the past) have long been used solely by these teams ALONG WITH their 1-color scheme to create an identity.. at least the colts officially darkened the blue and are the only team to use that particular shade of blue (so i guess you could argue that they do "own" it - but only for that reason), but the jets outright copied the packers' green, so the key here is their signature look, which highlights their 1-color scheme..

Archived